Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

This Play Isn't a Game [Private] [Teen]

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/15/2007 12:19 AM

[Moofie and myself.]

Karkaine le V?©res Masque

The third Wednesday of the month, it had always been set aside for one particular showing. Now it was just unusual that the theator would have canceled the showing. It was the lead stage performer that had written the script, plot, characters and all. He ran the whole show from behind the scenes, even when it wasn't his scripts in use. Going by the name of Le V?©res Masque, his bloody title was his for more then the villainous personas that he played. He could easily be considered a bloody killer, though no one had any reliable proof to say that it was true- the idea that he was an honest killer was a rumor among just a few living beings. If he was, no one dared to speak out against him.

At this time the dangerous male was sitting on the empty stage, in front of the heavy curtains that draped across it. He was just sitting there, staring out across the large room. He was still much like a statue, a state of some monster perhaps, his life only being showed through the blood colored aura that flicked around him. It was unusually calm at the moment...
The theater itself was a fine one. It had row upon row of seats going back to frame the stage and then there were some special balcony seats above. The whole place was deserted, save for him. The reason for canceling wasn't something that would normally call for cancellation, so it happened just a few hours ago. All the flayers and ads had already been distributed before hand and there wasn't time to recall them. Thankfully, no one had come to pester him yet. The show wasn't supposed to start until some time over an hour, so he assumed that he would have some time before working his way across the room and locking it all up.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/15/2007 12:54 AM

Paws, which had moved next to silently down the road stopped suddenly in front of a theater. It was here that the play was suppose to go on. He'd heard of it's cancellation and had become angry. Though he did want to see the play, this was not why his emotions had been touched. He'd seen that strange lucain on the flyer, the one from Basantha.

So he was in show business? Well, how interresting. He wanted to talk to him. His aura had scared Cynder and had made him curious. Rarely Cynder felt anything, especially fear. But how was he to meet this, karkaine? The show had been cancelled.

Cynder tried the door, feeling it's weight swing in willingly. And though the door was silent, the click of the catch releasing the weight seemed to echo. Cynder looked rather calm on the outside and slid in, letting the door close loudly behind him. He was not afraid as he looked around the lobby quickly. Nobody here....
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/15/2007 1:12 AM

What was surprising here was that the statuesque male showed some life, his ears pricked just slightly as the sounds echoed through the entire building. Without any other living being and him sitting in absolute silence, it was quite easy for sounds even of the tiniest level to travel throughout the huge building. It was wide, tall, and pretty hollow compared to many other buildings. So was the structure of a theater.

Still, Karkaine didn't move an inch from his place. He'd just let the intruder come to him. Oh how fun would that be? A thought in the far back of his mind was something along the lines of 'Maybe I should have locked the door.' but he didn't pay attention to it. His silver eyes never left from his outlooking over the audience seating. He'd see whoever it was right when they entered, being able to see out where the crowd usually was just as easily he could be seen from all the guests from his place on stage. His aura picked up in it's lashing a little. But nothing too violent. He was a picture of calm and powerfully dangerous air. As always.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/15/2007 2:36 AM

Cynder wandered around the lobby for a bit. To tell the truth he'd never been to a theater, or anywhere classy, really. This was a new experience and so any fear he might have felt was whipped away, replaced with a puppy like curiousity. But even that seemed to wear off and then he was just confused. Where was the stage...?

Ah, signs. Delicately designed arrows of an artistic beauty showing the way to the stage. Many would have felt a little silly, having to follow arrows. Cynder didn't feel much and silly was a very low key emotion. Why would he have that feeling when he didn't even have the many ones?

So the lucain followed the signs till he came upon a door. This was it. Without so much as a pause from his usual step he opened the door, which echoed in the theater. He did not flinch or wince, just placidly walked in, letting the door shut behind him.

The figure on the stage could not be mistaken. That same exilerating fear and curiousity flowed over him and he almost smiled. Almost...

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/15/2007 3:05 AM

The very second that the door far across the room opened, the 'Bloody' Lucain's eyes were already locked onto that who dared to enter through it when they were so far from being invited.
If Karkaine cared to recall into very fine detail, perhaps he would have recognized this intruding male straight from the start. That wasn't the case. Back in his little 'romping in the snow' time, he'd been a little preoccupied with those with high stupidity levels to acknowledge everyone else around the vicinity. Very mildly, he could recall another male Lucain deep in his mind from a single glimpse or two, but he always altered his memories to please himself. The memory was barely recognized.

As he stared, the glowing blood color that surrounded him began to creep forward from his still figure, spilling over the edge of the stage as if it was trying to crawl toward the other Lucain. Only, it couldn't go too far from the body which it was one with, no matter who much it strained. It couldn't even get off the side of the stage so it withdrew and flared around him.

Karkaine stood then, in his place, eyes never setting Cynder free of his narrowed gaze. "You so dare to intrude into my theater?" He spoke, his words flowing much like they had before, like a venom. Now, however, he had a slight level of comfort that wasn't there before, because this was his known territory. That made him more questionable.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/15/2007 6:23 PM

Cynder stopped, the door clicking quite loudly behind him. And Cynder just stood there, watching this lucain that had so caught his attention in Basantha. His whole being screamed vicious. Anyone with any sense would have turned and run away, tail between their legs. Was common sense an emotion? The abused and beaten lucain let the thought slide down his back, leaving it to rot on the floor of the theater.

So it hadn't been a trick of the eyes. Back at Basantha he'd thought to aura he'd seen had just been his senses playing tricks. But he was quite normal in mind, body and soul and here it was. Looking very hostile, hostility towards him.

Did this "Karkaine" remember him? It was hard to tell. Even if he had, this hostility would be less, if non existent. If the person in question was normal, and even just with looks this "Karkaine" was not normal. The young, perhaps very foolish, male lucain would like to know more. Much, much more.

"Do you remember me?" Cynder asked, quite ready to expect a very angry 'no' for a response. What was he? He didn't stand out. Simple, non descript markings. Really the only thing that made him stand out were his wing blades, or lack there of.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/15/2007 8:29 PM

A short time was taken up by silence. Karkaine had never stopped scrutinizing this other male, sizing him up to some degree. He seemed to take in every detail. The pattern of simplistic markings that he had, the way his fur brushed back, the tones in his eyes, down to muscle build and finally to the shamefully destroyed blades on his back. It was a lot to observe from so far away. However, it was the job of someone like Karkaine to take in every detail of another being. He needed to know others inside and out; know all of one's physical features as well as able to get inside their heads. Writing and performing could be difficult for many.

He finally broke contact eye contact to blink and sit himself back down. The aura had all but recalled, floating peacefully around him. In such a detailed observation, an honest memory was able to be recalled out of those that he had created and come to believe as true. "Yes." Was all the answer that he gave. "Now. Tell me, why have you intruded here?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/16/2007 12:47 AM

Cynder let a look of surprise slip past him, but soon his face regained the same composure, much like that of Karkaine. Now... why was he here? Well he had to give a little thought to that, otherwise he might sound like a weird stalker.

He regarded Karkaine quietly, taking him in. His aura had retreated...
"I wanted to meet you... I saw the ads for the show, got a ticket, saw it was cancelled,"

Cynder shrugged, turning his head away from Karkaine. He didn't seem to be afraid of Karkaine, easily allowing himself to turn his attention away from him.
"I guess I'm still an impatient puppy some days,"
The lucain smirked and looked at Karkaine with a leisure side glance, "Why was the show cancelled?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/16/2007 1:13 AM

The performer Lucain seemed to hold some patience, waiting for Cynder to completely finish speaking before returning with any words of his own. Or maybe it was just the fact that he didn't feel like speaking. Either way.
He was back to staring him down, since that was just his thing when he wasn't actually in the midst of performing or addressing more the one other being. Cynder would see the most life out of this male, save for performance times. His two tails began to waver about slowly behind him every now and then.

"Oh what, you want a refund on that ticket or something?" He inquired, not too kindly. So he wanted to see him, huh? Wonder what he meant by that, though the reason that Karkaine was curious wasn't for the usual sake of curiosity.
"Not as those anyone outside should care," He started, head glancing to the side before back to the male he was speaking to. "one of the performing assistants was relieved from work for this day." Something glinted in his eyes then, though the emotion wasn't able to be made out. It probably just looked like a bit of evilness.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/16/2007 1:21 AM

Cynder laughed softly, "No no, it was money well spent. Relieved you say? Why so sudden?" Cynder saw something in the others eyes. How curious. Even from here he could see something that wasn't normal, wasn't right. Something very... "off". Cynders curiousity grew steadily larger.

No theater would fire somebody just before a show. This was enormously fishy and Cynder loved it. But not much of this showed, body quite relaxed, almost bored. The only way nobody would be able to tell was the gleam, the life in his eyes.
"Any reason then, that you're just sitting on the stage?" Cynder had a feeling Karkaine had been there some time. He wasn't sure where the feeling had come from, but if he hadn't just been sitting there, wouldn't he have come to the lobby door after hearing it open?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/16/2007 1:38 AM

"Nice to hear you think so." Was that a smile? Yes, a true smile spread onto the male's lips, flaunting the abnormally large set of fangs. His smile was the unnerving sort, nothing sweet and innocent to it. Perhaps it was that difference that made Karkaine so famous in the performing world. He was different from all the rest due to his 'odd' demeanor. It was a rare find, in that sense.
"He was....Busy." The Lucain had a feeling that this other one was taking in his words differently then originally intended. Though that was perfectly fine with him. Both intentions of the message were correct...

Just then, the aura flared up a little, as if it was suddenly excited. It didn't go after Cynder though, just stayed where it was. "As the rumors say, Le V?©res Masque lives within the theater." That was a well known rumor throughout that particular group of people; Karkaine lived in the theater. He made it is home. It was one-hundred percent correct. Now that was something else that was odd about him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/16/2007 2:05 AM

Cynder stood up and took a few steps forward, passing rows of seats, heading towards the stage.
"You live here?" Cynder asked. he'd come here knowing nothing of Karkaine, no rumours, no facts. Just his physical appearance and the strange feeling he'd met with in Basantha.

He'd yet to introduce himself, but then, he didn't plan on it. If karkaine showed any interrest in knowing it, he'd probably ask.
"Busy... Hmm... Vague answers... You've caught my attention, ever since Basantha... I guess you've caught the attention of others as well," Cynder then paused, now being mid way between the door and the stage. he looked around at the theater. it was large, classy and well kept as far as he could tell.
"To run and maintain something like this... You must have captured the attention of many audiences,"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/16/2007 2:22 AM

If he was normal, Karkaine would have yawned to emphasize how unimportant the fact of him living here really was. He didn't see it as such a big deal. It was just where he stayed. While some thought it unusual, shouldn't it also be expected from someone so active in the career as he was? He ran things from behind the scenes, while it was said someone else ran it, that wasn't true. Karkaine got his way. He wrote and managed and played various parts in performances. When he found time for other things was beyond anyone.

"I suppose..." He'd allow that. But it was also a minuscule factor. It was easy to tell that he really didn't care about how many fans he had, how many people came to take part in the audience. Things so simple...so...normal, didn't apply to his fancy. He was greedy for fame or money like many.
He unsheathed his claws from one paw, holding them up and examining them. "A villain is quite an entertaining role." He commented, only glancing at Cynder once. He was big, but it was hardly ever that he didn't play as some form of evil on stage.
"This setting, is...pleasurable." He added, his eyes venturing to scan the room. He was fond of the place. How many did really live somewhere like a theater? Filled with strange props, the home of fantasies. The greatest dreams and worst nightmares could all become reality here.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/16/2007 2:35 AM

Cynder  wandered around, down a random aisle, "...I was in the entertainment business for awhile," Cynder said to himself. Nothing so regal, no vibrant colours. His art and Karkaine's seemed to reflect in their pelts. Vibrant, bright colours. Karkaine entetained for joy, laughs, emotions. yet the Lucain held next to none himself, yet so many.

Cynder, plain, rough. His was for money, anger. Rough had been his life. The entertainment business, in all it's forms, was rough.
"Do you enjoy the role of Villian? I played the villian too... It was fun, exciting... Is it the same for you?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/16/2007 3:12 AM

Karkaine watched as the other male moved throughout the seating for the audience, between the claws of his own paw. He moved them so that a clicking sound was created from them colliding together lightly. When he dropped his claw, his nails dug into the wooden flooring of the stage and left the claw marks running perfectly there. He watched this happen as well. He didn't mind doing his own personal damage to the stage; what he did to it wasn't anything critical.

His silver eyes slowly rose, gleaming in a way as if to confirm the truth to Cynder's question without verbally needing to do so. In some small senses, Cynder had found ways to peak his interest. Entertainment, villain-hood. However, how much of them was common? Fake faces were put on so easily. Even if his stunning abnormalities gave him away, he often enjoyed hiding behind masks. Hence part of his name sake.
"To quite a degree. Nothing else is acceptable." The role of hero or anything else would never do for him. "Villain is all I am. My passion." So easily were his words deemed true from his darker tones.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next