Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Postby Moofius » 03/17/2008 9:32 PM

Cynder quite willingly got up, following Karkaine into the kitchen. He let his fingers play against the blood lucain's curiously. Hmmm... This sense of touch was astounding. Much keener than his paws, which were rough and torn. His hands here held a rough quality, to be sure, a natural sort of wear and tear than anyone would suffer. And Karkaine's hands.... He loved them and they had a story. He had a story. Cynder wasn't one to pry. He'd wait for Karkaine to tell him of himself. Though he had said that Cynder could ask but... No, no... He'd wait for Karkaine to tell him about himself. Was Karkaine waiting for him to do the same? .... Very plausible. Well he would tell his own story in time. He'd already told bits and pieces. Perhaps he'd learn of Karkaine in the same manner. He'd already been told about the masks, and his usual role in these plays, after all.

Cynder watched Karkaine work. Multi-talented, this one. An actor and a cook. It smelt good, so good that Cynder was almost drooling... almost panting. No, no! That's not what people do. Bad Cynder!
"Ah..." he looked at the size of the loaf and thought about how hungry he was. He hadn't been eaten anything since yesterday.
"Erm, a quarter of the loaf?" he asked, "...Romeo?" his ears flicked back towards Karkaine as he went to get plates. Now why did that sound familiar?
"Ah... Wasn't he a character... in a play?" his brows furrowed thoughtfully as he set the plates down next to Karkaine.

He had to think hard on this one. Itsu was always reading books and, from time to time, plays. Romeo and Juliet. He knew that one.
"Romeo was a fool, as was Juliet. I hope you don't think I'm a fool," he said, sticking his tongue out playfully.

OOC: Whooo~ I suck. XD;
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/18/2008 1:37 AM

Proceeding in the slicing of the meatloaf and sprinkling some sort of seasoning he got from a bottle onto the meat, he listened to Cynder's words, interested in rather or not he'd come to a conclusion. If the other Lucain just so happened to drool, he wouldn't have blamed him. Some human's did drool, and it could have also just been taken as a compliment. Why fuss over a bit of spilled saliva? Certainly, Karkaine understood his poor....er....boyfriend...mate....person's [whatever he was] disability in this form. It was good enough that me mad effort, and he secretly liked every moment of it.

Ah, so he knew after all. Not responding at first, the blood male forked the chunks of meat onto the two provided plates and then walked off to set them on the small square four seating table, the two dishes sitting across from each other. His path taking him back alongside Cynder, he snook in to bite his tongue when he stuck it out at him. Not too hard, but enough to give him a jolt. A hint of mischievousness glinting in his eyes. Even these little torments were fun.
"Yes, a famous play- a pathetic one at that." So it was confirmed, and he tossed in his own little opinion. "The plot was so poorly written, and the characters were lacking, such a shame to be seen as such a great work. True, Romeo claimed to love to another woman when he met Juliet. And Juliet gave it all to one man she just met, pretending to kill herself after getting involved with another man. Fools. Nonetheless..." He rose his eyebrows at the other and smirked. "I would have chosen you, over another, had I been given the choice. - Romeo is often referred to as every person's dream lover." Only the gods knew why, but it was a true statement. So, Karkaine had meant that as a compliment? Yes, yes he did.

With a playful tug at Cynder's tie, a lick on his nose and a chuckle, he went back to his own meal preparation work. Playing games again. His tails swished as he worked on retrieving four glasses, two of which were teacups, his back to his lover just a few feet away as he got into the cabinets.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/19/2008 11:41 PM

Cynder held back a yelp, moving to nip Karkaine aswell. But by the time he'd become un-stunned the other lucain had moved to far away. He ran the tip of his tongue along his teeth as he glared after Karkaine. His tails wagged playfully behind him though, throwing off any illusion of him being upset with Karkaine.

"Shapespeare just gave the masses what they wanted. A sappy love story with a few violent deaths. It's fun to watch if you know it's not real," Cynder paused, "Well at least for the general masses," he added, thinking on that. Violent deaths were alright as long as you weren't the one dying.
"As for character development and the like... Well I didn't read it, so you'd know better than myself,"
He kept quiet though as he listened to Karkaine speak of Romeo and... himself, and how he... how he actually felt. .... HOMYXAI'RE!
He blinked at Karkaine, surprised. It hadn't been a direct "I love you" or anything but... He wanted so badly to just hug him! Which was weird. As a general rule in like hugs equaled a big no no. But Karkaine wasn't a general ANYTHING. He didn't really fit into the general rule of life, much less Cynder specilized rules.

He made his way over to Karkaine, keeping the approach calm. Like he was going to help or something of the sort. Of course Cynder didn't know what Karkaine was up to, or how he could help. He was still working on trying to remember how Isaku, the human back home, held a fork and knife. No, he was here for snuggling. He slipped his arms around Karkaine's waist, giving his left ear a few affectionate nips.
"Do you drink tea?"

(( -lames at choo- ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2008 1:42 AM

Ears perked forward on top of Karkaine's head as it registered that Cynder was approaching. He continued on with what he was doing, which was tearing out teabags from inside the paper wrappers, unmarked paper wrappers, more specifically. It could easily be said that he didn't think anything of Cynder's approach, aside from what he had wanted the one making preparations to think. Oh but he did. There was no reason for him to believe his new lover to do something so innocent as approaching just to help, at least not after how he had toyed with him a little just previously. What he didn't know, or still wasn't quite prepared for, was what the other male did. He'd thought something more along the lines of letting off some remark.

His hands stopped fiddling with the cups and the tea bags when he felt the other's arms wrap around him, followed by the nibbling on his ears. For a moment, his body naturally tensed up in his statuesque way. Blowing out a breath of air, he loosened back up, muscles untightening and jaw unclenching itself. No way he'd say it, but he had an ear fetish, including his own ears being subject to affections via nips or just otherwise toying with them. So, when they were being paid attention to...He could hardly help it to lean back against the other male a little and let out a purr-growl.

The teacups were set down by then, and he worked up a reply to the trivial seeming question, "I do. I drink many things." Tea, coffee, water, cider, milk, normal juice, wine. Apparently, he was diverse in his life with those sort of things. When you simply strived to exist for yourself and your own pleasures, it happened.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/20/2008 2:05 AM

Cynder wiggled," I've never had tea," he said, whispering in the others ear. He wasn't really trying to be sensual... well maybe a little. No he just didn't want to talk right into Karkaine's ear. He nibbled affectionately, noticing how the other had changed from relaxed to tense, back to relaxed again. Cynder had only really had water. Fresh water, stagnant water, dirty water... Snow. That's about as far as his drinking experience went. Milk from his mother when he'd been a puppy.

The grey male wouldn't know what he liked pleasure wise. For now he'd decided any contact with Karkaine was pretty much fantastic. He liked him at his ears and neck though, the neck especially because of the trill of putting his life on the line. He wasn't sure if he really was, when it came to Karkaine, nor was he positive he wasn't. Instinctual fear, heightened by his fighting experienced, used for pleasure. Deffinately something Cynder would do.
"Is tea very bitter? I'm not to fond of bitter," Cynder mused. Bitter made him think of plants. Especially flowers. Flowers always seemed to be bitter, even if they smelt sweet. Strange how the world worked, or didn't work.

"You alright?" he asked teasingly, nibbling at the male's ear some moar. He was pretty sure that's what had set off Karkaine. The anthro lucain wasn't going to say he didn't enjoy this completely. Playing with Karkaine, always fun.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2008 10:06 PM

Still refraining from doing, well, anything at the moment, Karkaine grumbled under his breath as Cynder got at his ears. Would he just leave them alone? If one couldn't tell, he was sort of busy with things right now, like the preparation of their drinks before the food got cold. Fortunately, meatloaf didn't taste bad, either way, but still! His victimized ear tried to point forward, to get away from the other's nipping teeth, but failed to yank away and escape. That had been just about the best effort of movement he made since he'd gotten distracted.

"You can add sugar." He grunted, finally getting his hands back to work on getting the tea ready, only that he couldn't exactly get to the sink or stove or, most importantly, the kettle to heat water in when he was stuck here like he ways. "And it depends on your chosen flavor." Yes, some teas were naturally sweet, while others were not. There was quite a few different way to go about tea preparation. All sorts of things could be added, like sugar, honey, milk, cinnamon. Refined in the food industry, indeed.
They were so different on some many levels, just in their lifestyles. He'd have to agree to resort back to their other forms at some point, just so it was fair between them.And, without a doubt, Karkaine would do it. Everything would be more interesting when they retained these two forms.

"I'm fine." He insisted, though a little wave of pleasant pleasure snaked through him. Curse having the ear fetish. Karkaine was forced to stamp it out, ignore it. "Now, if you'd so kindly as to let me go," Arms locked around his waist, remember? "I'll get to finishing so we can eat." He paused. "Better yet, why don't you go sit down and start eating. I'm sure you're hungry." And that way, he would go undisturbed as he made drinks.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/20/2008 11:18 PM

Something along the lines of your sweet, can I add you to my tea? wiggled it's way into his brain and Cynder almost gagged. Gross. He really should learn to not creep himself out. Maybe he was just really hungry.

"Now, if you'd so kindly as to let me go, I'll get to finishing so we can eat,"
Obediently Cynder let him go, but not before giving Karkaine's ear an affectionate lick. He had to lean in a little as Karkaine tried to twitch his ear away from him. He wouldn't get away that easily, not from Cynder. They'd continue this after dinner. Or Cynder hoped so. Karkaine probably had other things he should probably be doing instead of fooling around with his... what? boyfriend? Girlfriend, ew no don't even go there? Partner? Lover? What was he? What were they? Well this wasn't confusing.

Suddenly Cynder was at the table, in flopped down in a chair, already deep in thought. Looking at the utensils he was reminded that he still couldn't remember how Isaku held them when he was eating... Actually, now that he thought about it, he'd never seen Isaku eat. Whatever, not important.

First things first, utensils. He picked up the knife and fork. ha, a knife. Dangerous thing, this is what humans had to use as they had no claws...
Using to cut food, Cynder, not to hurt anything. He had to stay focused. Focused...
Fork in one hand, knife in the other. With his tongue sticking out just a tiny bit he started to work on the meatloaf. he held the utensils like a child would, with something of a death grip.
The grey male looked almost pleased with himself. It was a little rediculous, really. If he'd been in any other company there would have been know way he'd try this. But it was Karkaine who actually had some patience for his idiotic innocence when it came to humans.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/21/2008 2:20 AM

Good thing that he didn't make the comment too, Karkaine wasn't sweet. Even if he was to Cynder now, he'd deny it and more then likely go on about the rest of the world, outside of there personal little bubble that was just the two of them. On the other hand, it would have made him laugh, or chuckle, rather. Not much for fully laughing.

In after math, that nibbled ear flicked a few times, like it was shaking off the assault. Of course Karkaine had a busy schedule on his hands, and of course he'd need to work on it eventually. Being the owner of the entire establishment as well as working a lot himself, there was always something to be done. On the other hand, wasn't it also true that by being in his posistion, he lived how he wanted to? Yes, without regards to anyone else, he did all what he wished to do. Maybe, just maybe, he'd put things off longer, given the right enticement. Another savage attack on his ears would help. Yes, it would.
Freedom. And in that freedom, he started by what he was supposed to be doing, getting hot water in a kettle and setting it on the stove to boil. Did he just have everything in this room? A whole heck of a lot of stuff was stored everywhere. You couldn't expect anything less from someone as eccentric as Karkaine.

Drinks, It would take a few minutes for the water to heat up and allow them to drink tea so, until then, Karkaine took his place in the chair opposite of Cynder, having set down a glass of water for the each of them. "The tea will be done soon." Simple, but it worked. Knowing every creature had to drink water to survive, it was a safe bet when offering something to the other male who wasn't used to the diversity of the human world.

He sort of smiled as he observed Cynder work with his fork and knife. The blood male could never deny that it was amusing to watch him fumble over what he, and others accustomed to these forms, found to be very simply tasks.
After taking a bite from his plate and forking it in his mouth in an almost refined way [blast him and his knowing and abilities], he spoke up, seeming serious though he came to the teasing,  "Even cute attempting to eat your first meal as human." Cute was such an awful word to describe how Cynder looked, cute was reserved for little children and weaker females, but that was the whole fun part about it, using it while it was usually out of place for good natured teasing.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/26/2008 1:52 AM

Why had he said cute? of course he said cute. Cynder would not allow for himself to show any weakness. he forced his ears back up from a droop they'd try to enter. No, no he'd figure out the "utensils" if it was the last thing he did.

"Are you sure it's wise to call me cute? I might not be able to use them for eating nicely, but I'm sure I could cut you with them. Fighting comes faster to me than illogical use of potential weapons," Cynder said, looking between Karkaine's hands and his own, trying to hold the fork and knife. When he finally got it he frowned, "...Is this suppose to be comfortable?"
He'd tolerate teasing if he could figure out how to do these normal human things. he couldn't be of much use to Karkaine unless he could handle both forms. Human and lucain alike. heck, maybe he'd even like the human form!

As if. This was very painful and he really didn't enjoy feeling this weak. Useless, weak, vulnerable. He felt all these things and he hadn't felt that since he'd lost his wing blades. That had only been one day though. Would he so easily get use to being human? Cynder hoped so but felt doubtful.

This was very different from being wing bladeless.

A loud shreak sounded behind him and Cynder's head whipped around in surprise, ears back and growling angrily. it sounded a lot less vicious then when he was a lucain. And he lost the fierce look without the fangs and the surprise on his face. He'd never heard a kettle before! Karkaine would have a lot of fun with this one.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/06/2008 12:53 AM

A shrug was all it took to get Cynder's comment to roll off harmlessly. It wasn't like Karkaine to shudder under threats. It took no affect on him. "And I fight in both forms quite well, no weapon needed." He didn't think he actually needed to point it out. But that could be true, perhaps, that he could outdo Cynder while they were both like this instead of falling into an unusual tie. The Blood male was accustomed to this body, had been for quite some time, while the other was just learning how to get by with it. "I fail to fear you."

Then, he set the knife down that he held in one hand, leaning across the table a ways, until he dragged his nails gently along the others fore arm till he reached the hand. With force, if necessary, he repositioned the leaner's hand a tad. "Supposed to be." He stated quietly. He knew full well that someone learning wouldn't find it as such, though. It was just like teaching an actual human for the first time; they didn't like it either. Neither did anyone who took to learning the basics after changing into these sort of forms. It wasn't as if it was only Cynder to go through this.

There was something else that he was going to say, after pulling back, but didn't have time enough for it. When he opened his mouth to speak the words, the kettle shreaked to announce it's being done. Instead of words, a genuine laugh spilled out. Seemed like somebody was very good medicine for Karkaine. Never had he laughed before- not at this kind of amusement. Torture, killing, mental destruction, it was all amusing to him in a different light.

Sliding fluidly from his chair, Karkaine proceeded to the other side of the table where his partner sat, slipping a hand around his chin and leaning over to look him in the eyes. He liked those eyes.
His tails swayed back and forth, and he grinned. "Cute..." Maybe something was wrong with him in the head? Always resorting back to that to describe the actions, innocent or otherwise. "But I really do mean at as a complement...I could explain for you sometime, if you'd like."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/06/2008 12:20 PM

Cynder, still stiff from the kettle and urked as, yet again, he was referred to as cute, growled angrily, "Not cute... And could you get that.. that thing to stop screaming?"
He'd never liked screaming. Most of his old opponents from the ring had the right... personality, or upbringing not to scream. Others... Ugh, well he gave no mercy to screamers. That high pitched sound made him almost sick.
This lucain would never like kettles.

"And I really can't see cute as being a compliment unless one was trying to compliment a young girl," He growled.
Scccccccccccccccccccccccccccccre!!!
He put his hands over his ears, pressing them against his head.
"I'll murder it, I will-" gritting his teeth. Perhaps it brought up painful memories. Goodness knows how many he'd killed and how many of them were screamers. If he was remembering those things as painful perhaps there was sanity left in this one.

(( If you thought your post was bad... P=;;; I need the kettle off. XD;;; Otherwise I'm stuck. o3o;;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/06/2008 5:23 PM

Perhaps now wasn't the best time for explaining, though the reasoning was reasonably justified, in his own mind and for his own means. It was something that wouldn't change anytime soon with Karkaine, his mind...the way he looked at things...he got everything that he wanted, or made himself believe it true. He could make sense of nonsense, as long it was nonsense he wanted to believe it.
Eyes narrowing slightly, he backed off. "Very well..." And he turned, tails flicking, "little girl."
Hey, he was going to say that 'cute' was for little girls, then that must have made him one. Cynder set himself up for that one. But...Was the one of them suddenly trying to pick a fight?

With a turn of the knob on the stove, the flame under the kettle died out, and he removed the kettle, adjusting it so the screeching stopped.
That who lived here seemed perfectly accustomed and unaffected by the noise that had went off. He was killer, but if any of them screamed, it looked like he really didn't mind. There wasn't any way to say that he wasn't sadistic. Torture was fun, to him.

He then went through the beginning mechanics of preparing tea, starting with his own first so he didn't have to ask how Cynder wanted his prepared right away. At the moment, he seemed not to have anything on his mind. Maybe even spaced out, but that could very well mean that he was actually thinking.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/15/2008 3:51 AM

Why was Karkaine purposefully rubbing him the wrong way right now? Cynder stood up. He wasn't trying to surprise Karkaine, the chair moving back quite audibly as Cynder stood. He didn't say anything as he followed Karkaine into the kitchen, the kettle screaming and wailing for dear, sweet mercy. They always did and he'd give in for mercy because that screaming...!

Cynder watched Karkaine, still angry but calming down dramatically once the kettle received a merciful death silenced until next it was used. Hopefully Cynder wouldn't be around for that. What an awful contraption. Why did it have to yell like that, anyway? Couldn't it beep, or make some other sound that didn't sound so... well scream-ish? Then the blood lucain, human form was making tea. Hot water? What a strange concept. He liked water to cool him down so hot water wouldn't help at all in that respect...

But this curiousity couldn't keep him in a good mood forever. No, Karkaine had called him a little girl and that would not fly. Not even teasingly would he take that lying down.
"Do you want to take that back before I make you?"
Maybe Cynder just wanted to fight karkaine again. He had to admit, it was fun and a challenge. A strange relationship, these two had.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/15/2008 9:24 PM

There had been no real reaction to Cynder when he got up from his chair. Karkaine didn't really pay him much attention, caring very little that he was followed over. Perhaps, in all reality, this was the best way for them to get to know one another, as strange as that may have seemed. Doing simple little things together, like eating, and then the fighting... What better way to understand your partner then to literally fight with them? You learned a lot about them that way. In Karkaine's head, such a conclusion may have appeared and if the other male was going to fuel the idea of a fight, he wouldn't turn it down. He just wasn't the type.

He took a sip from his completed tea, it coming quite to his taste at the moment, before setting the cup down on a saucer. Add another factor to him that may have been odd now, the refined habits. He turned around and leaned against the counter, arms crossed in front of him. The expression ge wore fell back into a familiar one; that sort of serious, stone-like face he commonly wore that was still taunting, just from how he held himself. It was like flash back, to when they'd met, just before when they fought.

No words had been spoken for a time, Karkaine choosing not to until the silence felt fulfilling to the purpose.
Finally, he shrugged. "Looks like you'll have to make me. If you really can." He obviously wasn't going to be taking it back any time soon.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/16/2008 2:30 AM

His twin tails lashed about violently behind him as his agitation grew. And grew and grew. No he was not happy with the name calling. He froze, watching Karkaine as he turned around, crossing his arms. he looked so smug. Well you know, in Cynder's head he did. The same way he'd looked before when they'd bet on the stage. It only further pushed the grey male further into a fighting mood.

It was strange how fast they could go from be into each other. "Bothering" the other with ear nibbles, hugs and the like. Only to turn around and both be ready to launch themselves at the others throat. It didn't seem to be one of the healthiest relationships. But these two weren't the healthiest critters running around. Physically they were good. Strong, fit; but mentally... The two of them had their own, private instabilities. But when it came right down to it they were both were nuts and there was no denying it.

"Looks like you'll have to make me. If you really can."
He growled angrily, his tails lashing viciously behind him. Oh he'd make him, his mouth turning into a twisted, angry smile.  grey ears flattening back into his hair. He looked so out of place right now, in his human form. Hunched shoulders, taunt muscles. Even his nose was wrinkled in a dog-like fashion just before he launched himself at Karkaine.

(( fun o3o;;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext