Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

A Chance Meeting {Jobie and I}

Postby Kitsumi » 09/17/2011 7:49 PM

No one noticed the small sulkuhna making his way through the city. There was nothing spectacular different about him, although he was a slight bit smaller than the average kuhna. He had been the runt of the litter, and had remained small his whole life.
He seemed to be intentionally trying to avoid all attention - he walked with his head down, not looking anyone in the eye. In fact, he seemed slightly...upset. His tail was drooping, and every once in a while you could hear his muttering something about "They never wanted me," or "You wouldn't even think I'm their son the way they act."
His head down, he didn't see the odd-colored female kuhna in front of him. He ran right into her, nearly knocking her off of her feet. Luckily, he had moving at a slow pace, dragging his feet, and was didn't hit her too hard, and he was quickly able to reach out and steady her before she fell.
"Oh, dear, I'm terribly sorry. Are you alright?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Re: A Chance Meeting {Jobie and I}

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 8:19 PM

Nephele found herself within the city of Lamenolai for some reason. She wasn't quite sure why she was here, really. She hadn't really gotten out much lately, and the one person she had met before she hadn't been able to find again. It had been a wonderful meeting with many laughs and lots of talking. She had actually felt comfortable with the male lucain. But, she hadn't seen him in months. Perhaps it was time to make some more friends.

So, the young kuhna was here, walking around with her nose in the air, admiring the tall buildings. They were so pretty, she wondered what the insides of the buildings were like. Maybe she'd go inside and see some time. But before she could get much further, she found herself running into another kuhna. She stumbled backwards and nearly fell, but a dark paw reached out for he before she could make contact with the hard ground.

Her eyes shot up to the face behind the paw as he pulled her up, catching his sad purple eyes. "Uh, I, uh, yeah, I'm fine," she stumbled over her words, her mind still processing her have fallen and the sadness in the other kuhnas eyes.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/17/2011 10:44 PM

"Are you sure?" Lae-Tzon studied the pretty female, looking for any visible signs of pain or even the slightest discomfort. To his relief, he saw no pain in her eyes, nor any bumps, bruises, scrapes. What he did see, however, was glossy, well-groomed fur, the color of spearmint, with darker green and orange markings. He stared, speechless, for a moment or two, trying to find the words to say.He opened his mouth, intending to apologize again. But what came out, was, "You're beautiful!"

Lae-Tzon immediately blushed, ducking his head. "I mean, I've never seen those colors together on a kuhna. What species are you? You must be quite rare, for me not to have seen colors like that before."

Ooc: Bleh, sorry, my muse is slightly low right now D:

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 11:00 PM

Nephele smiled, "Yes, I'm quite fine," she said. She waited for the other kuhna to say something else, but he seemed distracted. She was about to introduce herself when he complimented her. At his comment, she blushed and giggled a little bit, something that she hated doing, especially in front of people she just met. "Well, uh, thank you," she said shyly.

"And, well, I guess you could call me a... green and orange kuhna?" She giggled once more. "I've never really thought much about my species," she added. "I've just always called myself Nephele, which is my name." She looked toward his eyes, admiring the shade of purple they were. She noticed his pelt colors as well. "You're a sulkuhna, right?"

((It's alright. :3))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/17/2011 11:18 PM

"You're welcome," he said, a smile brightening his face as he saw her blush and giggle. He wondered if she knew how incredibly cute she was like that. From the looks of her, he didn't think she did. She didn't seem like one of the arrogant, moody girls with an attitude worse than that of Godzilla like most girls who knew how pretty they were. Not that he thought she had low self-esteem, he just knew that she wasn't obsessed with her looks or anything of that sort.

"Oh, you must be one of those special one-of-a-kind kuhnas, right?" That made sense, and it would explain why Lae-Tzon had never seen that type around before. "Nephele, eh? That's a beautiful name. I'm Lae-Tzon, but you can call me Tzon if you wish. Or Lae, I suppose. It doesn't really matter either way. And yes, I'm a sulkuhna."

Ooc: Sorry if I make him incredibly flirty and such; I'm always looking for mates for my pets xD You can either have him just be naturally flirty but nothing come from it, or we could see where it goes, if you wanted. You don't have to, of course.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 11:28 PM

"Yes, I suppose I am," she said with another smile. It was strange how she had just met this guy and she was already smiling and giggling like she was a school girl again. Not that she was ever actually a school girl, but when she was younger. "Oh, thank you," she said as she blushed once again. Oh how she hated the way her light green pelt gave way to the dark pink beneath when she did so. It was just embarrassing.

"It's nice to meet you, I think I'll call you Lae," she added with another smile. Lae seemed like a fitting name to call him. "Or, maybe I'll just alternate between the two," she said with yet another smile. She felt she was smiling way too much, but she just couldn't help it for some reason. Lae just seemed to be able to bring out the happiness in her during this chance meeting.

((Oh, alright. :3 We'll just see how it goes. I haven't really Rped her yet, so we'll just wait and see. :3 I like to look for mates as well, I can never get enough romance. XP))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/17/2011 11:34 PM

"That must be quite interesting, being a one of a kind. It's rather annoying to walk around seeing several kuhnas who look just like you. But you never have to deal with that. Lucky little girl!" He grinned, winking to show that he was just kidding. He found it pretty funny that he had gone from depressed to flirtatious is a matter of moments. Of course, he couldn't really blame himself - Nephele was quite gorgeous.

Lae laughed. "That would work. I was wondering if pehaps I could call you Neph? It's pretty, and kind of like 'Steph' or one of those nicknames."

Looking around, Lae suddenly said, "So what were you doing today? I certainly hope I haven't made you late for any meetings or appointments you had."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 11:57 PM

"Yeah, I suppose I am," she said jokingly with another smile. Nephele had never really thought about being unique that way before. But she supposed it was rather awkward to see copies of you running about. That would be funny, but still rather awkward.

"Neph? Well, no one's ever called me that before," she said thoughtfully. "I like it though," she added with a grin. She noticed him look around, and wondered what he was doing. Before she had a chance to say anything though, he was talking once more. "Well, no, actually, just out for a stroll." She looked up one of the buildings, her thoughts about going inside once more on her mind. "What do you think it's like in those buildings?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 12:39 AM

"Good, I'm glad you like it." Lae smiled again. "I've always liked using nicknames for people, it just seems so personal. Names were meant to be your identity, but sometimes you share a name with several other people. A nickname is usually one fitted to you, which makes it more unique."

Lae was relieved that he hadn't made her late for anything. "Ah, same here, same here." At her question, Lae shrugged. "I dunno, honestly. My family said that it was boring. Of course, they're gypsies, and prefer the great outdoors, or whatever the heck they call it. So I wouldn't know what it's like or how interesting it would be."

{1-5}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/18/2011 11:33 AM

"Good point," Nephele said with a smile. Nicknames were unique to everyone, kind of like her special species. "Gypsies, huh?" She had heard of gypsies, but didn't really know what they did or where like. From what Lae said, they like the outdoors. "So you've never been in them either then?"

She continued to look toward the buildings as she stood with Lae. She was quiet for a few moments, but then she asked another question. "Do you think they'll let us in?" At this she turned excitedly to Lae.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 5:32 PM

At her questions, Lae nodded and then shrugged. "Yup, gypsies. Most people used to find it exciting, asking me dozens and dozens of questions. They asked me how cool it was to live with gypsies. But when you live with them, it's not all that cool or interesting anymore." Looking up at the building, he bit his lip thoughtfully. "No, I've never been in one."

Her next words caused a sly smile to grow on Lae's face. "Hmm, let's find out, shall we?"

{2-1}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/18/2011 5:39 PM

"Hmm, it sound interesting," she said, but she was still focused on the buildings. Maybe she'd inquire about the whole gypsy thing another day. She glanced to him and offered her own sly smile. "Yes, let's," she said excitedly.

Nephele looked back toward the buildings, wondering which one they should chose. She picked a random one and pointed toward it. It looked like some kind of library. "How about that one?" She glanced back at Lae, waiting for his decision.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/18/2011 7:54 PM

Lae could tell that she was totally absorbed in the buildings, and he laughed. Rubbing his hands together in a conspiratorial way, he gave an evil chuckle. "This is going to be quite fun, don't you agree?" He chuckled slightly as he looked up at the buildings.

Looking up at the large, impressive looking building, Lae smiled. "Ah, good choice, Neph. Let's see if we can get in." Without quite realizing what he was doing, he twined his tail with hers in a friendly gesture and led her to the entrance.

{2-2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/19/2011 7:32 AM

Nephele nodded and smiled. This would be fun, even if they did end up getting in trouble at one point for trespassing or whatever. "Yes, let's," she said in agreement.

Nephele followed after Lae as he led her to the building. She was a little surprised that he had twined their tails, but she just smiled to herself and didn't say anything. If she had a problem with it, she would have said so. When they reached the front of the building Nephele looked up. It was so much bigger when she was closer. "Wow," she breathed. "They truly are magnificent."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/19/2011 3:09 PM

Left speechless at the grandeur of the building, Lae simply nodded as Nephele said it was magnificent, unable to actually voice his agreement. Finally, he found his voice. "Well...there's no guard or anything. Let's go in." He gently pressed the door open with his paw, and bowed his head to Nephele. "After you, mademoiselle." He put on his best french accent, making a silly face as he did so.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next