Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: A Chance Meeting {Jobie and I}

Postby jobiehanna » 12/08/2011 10:10 PM

Nephele felt dwarfed next to Lae once he was human as well. She stood at merely 5' 3", which wasn't too bad, until compared to someone who was much taller. She giggled slightly at his comment, glad she wasn't the only one who wore bright colored jeans.

As he grabbed her hand, Nephele found herself lacing her fingers between his and smiling, though shyly. She followed him all the way to the carnival entrance and then past the gate. She looked around her, the smells, sights and sounds were a little overwhelming at first. She had no idea which way she wanted to go first. "Um, how about a bite to eat?" That was the only thing she could think of, though she had no idea what she wanted at all.

((haha, yeah. :P They remind me of funnel cakes though. XD))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/19/2011 3:26 PM

It was easy to see that Lae was quite a bit taller than Nephele. An odd, almost childlike expression on his now human face, he cupped his hands around his mouth, looked down at Nephele, and said, "Helloooooo, down there!" He chuckled, knowing exactly how stupid and immature he was and yet not wanting it any other way. After all, it was more fun like this, right?

For some reason, an odd, unfamiliar feeling went through Lae as Nephele's fingers became intertwined with him. Being the hyper, energetic type, he was used to simply grabbing people by the hand and running with them. He shouldn't have felt anything different doing it now...but he did. Pushing his feelings aside, he looked around. "As you wish, m'lady." He started pulling her towards one food stand, paused, and then pulled her towards another before stopping again. "Ah!" He let out an exasperated sound. "It all looks and smells so good! I don't know what to get!" Casting a sideways glance back at Nephele, he said, "What do you want? Something meaty, perhaps? Or sweet? Or salty? Crunchy? Spicy?"

It appeared that his ADHD had finally decided to show itself.

{6-4}

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/31/2011 11:00 PM

Nephele giggled at Lae's making fun of her short-ness. "Hey, I'm not short," she said. "I'm fun-sized." She looked up at Lae before they tore off down the hill toward the carnival. She smiled to herself, glad she was with the other. He was making her happy, the way he was acting.

She followed contentedly after Lae around the carnival to investigate all the different food stands. There were so many of them, he was having a hard time deciding. She was too, and listened to him ramble off a bunch of things. It was hard to catch all of what he was saying. She smiled and glanced around, then back to Lae. "Um, how about something sweet? Like caramel apples or cotton candy?" The idea of either sounded good to her, or even if there was something else she hadn't thought of that perhaps Lae had thought of.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/10/2012 12:47 AM

"Hmm...like a candy bar?" A mischievous light appeared in Lae's eye, and he moved dangerously close to Nephele's face. "I wonder if you taste like one, hmm?" Before she could answer, Lae swiftly licked her left cheek, from jawbone to hairline. Rolling his tongue in his mouth as if trying to decipher the taste, Lae finally nodded. "Yup! Just as sweet as candy." He grinned down at her.

When Nephele said she wanted something sweet, Lae chuckled. "Of course you would! You're probably so sweet because you like sweet stuff, right? Well, I'll get plenty of sweets!" Holding her hand tightly, he made his way from one food stall to another, until he had an odd assortment of sweet treats: Cotton candy, caramel apples (one with just caramel, and one with nuts), an elephant ear, gummy bears, a banana split sundae, two deep fried twinkies, and a chocolate covered strawberry smoothie. "There...this should last us for a while." Lae set the food down on an empty picnic table, licking his lips as he eyed it hungrily.

{Level 7 Reached}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/10/2012 11:02 PM

Lae was licking Nephele's face before she could stop him. She looked at him incredulously. "Did you seriously just lick me?" She asked, her tone just as incredulous. She lifted a hand to wipe the saliva off her face, but couldn't suppress a smile. She shook her head, a giggle escaping her. "I can't say I've ever had anyone like me before," she said.

Nephele followed after Lae through the carnival, helping to hold the assortment of treats. She found herself laughing all the while, especially when one of the venders gave them an odd look for all the assortments of treats they had.

They reached the picnic table, one of the few empty ones, and were finally able to unload their arms. "Wow, that's a lot of food," Nephele said as she took a seat at the table.

A few feet away, a scrawny looking boy stood looking their direction. He had been eying the food the pair had hungrily, wishing he could have some food.

((I hope it's okay that I threw the little boy in. XP But I can't decide if the boy should try to steal something or ask for it. You can decide if you'd like and roleplay him if you'd like as well. :]))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/15/2012 8:51 AM

((Haha, alright...this will be amusing xD))

Lae leaned back, a proud expression on his face. "Ah, so I was your first then!" He immediately blushed bright red, and began waving his hands. "Oh, no, I didn't mean...I was referring to..." After a moment, he gave up, and simply said, "I just like licking people."

His embarrassing error was forgotten quickly as he eyed the food before them. He hadn't really noticed any of the vendors or their reaction to the obviously sugar-obsessed boy - his focus was settled firmly on the delicious, but probably incredibly unhealthy, assortment of foods in front of him. He licked his lips, trying to decide what he wanted to eat first.

At Nephele's comment, he looked up and grinned. "Well, I figured that you should try it all. Besides...I couldn't decided what I wanted." The look on his face was so innocent and childlike, and yet in some way also incredibly alluring. How he managed to pull that off, even he didn't know.

Nearby, the little boy began plotting an attempt to get at least some of the food. He had been asking people all day to spare even the smallest of leftovers. But they simply either ate it all, or just threw it away, laughing at the despair on his face. It seemed as if those with the heaviest pouches of keystones were also the cruelest of people.

Spotting an opportune moment in which the boy was looking over at the girl, the little boy launched himself forward, grabbed the elephant ear, and quickly backtracked, hoping to escape behind the garbage cans before anyone noticed.

Lae, however, immediately realized that his favorite snack - the elephant ear - was missing. Spotting the little boy running off, Lae leapt out of his seat. "Hey! Give me my sugary goodness!" He ran after the boy, intending to tackle him and take back what was rightfully his.

{7-1}

((Oh yes...Lae is quite serious when it comes to his sugary foods xD))

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/15/2012 3:36 PM

Nephele laughed, "I know what you meant," she said through her laughter. Licking people certainly was an odd hobby.

Nephele eyed all the food, then picked up the blue and pink cotton candy. She took a bite, allowing it to melt in her mouth. "Mmm, cotton candy never gets old," she commented as she glanced up at Lae, noticing his facial expression. She smiled at him, a light pink on her cheeks. She didn't know why, but it was there.

She noticed the missing treat as well, but it wasn't her intention to chase after the boy to get it back. Apparently, Lae had other ideas. Nephele shot up out of her seat as well, taking off after Lae and the boy, if only to get Lae to come back and sit with her. It was just a treat, and they could always buy another one.

But Lae was much taller than Nephele, and his legs were longer. That didn't stop Nephele from trying to catch up with him, which she finally did. She grabbed a hold of his shirt, trying to get him to stop. "Let the boy have it," she puffed, out of breath. "We can get another one," she added desperately.

There were a few looks from passers-by because of the grown man chasing the little boy for the treat he had stolen. Nephele glanced at them, wishing to disappear.

((Haha, I noticed. XD))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/17/2012 4:21 AM

Nephele's hold on his shirt caused Lae to stop and turn. Sure, he could have easily pulled out of her grasp and continued chasing the boy, but then he would risk hurting her, and that was something that he didn't want to do. Besides, she seemed quite embarrassed, and Lae suddenly felt bad.

"Sorry," he looked down, his facial expression very similar to that of a naughty puppy who had just been rebuked for his misbehavior. "I just...I wanted...the elephant ear!" He pointed lamely, noticing that the little boy, sensing that he was out of trouble, had simply sat there in full view of both Lae and Nephele, munching happily on the elephant ear. When he caught Lae's gaze, he stuck his sugar-coated tongue out at him, causing Lae to cross his arms over his chest angrily and say, "That little brat! Nephy, did you see that?"

{7-2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/17/2012 11:05 AM

Nephele's expression turned from embarrassed to sympathetic as Lae appeared ashamed of his actions. She rubbed his back gently, "It's okay," she said gently. "We'll get another one." She smiled, hoping to comfort him. But really, it was just a treat, after all.

"Yes, I saw that," Nephele said with another smile. Lae was acting like such a child, but it was kinda cute, in its own little way. She rubbed his back some more, then tried to turn him around. "We'll go look for the stand, alright?"

((Sorry for the shortness. :/))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/17/2012 2:58 PM

Despite the height difference, Lae somehow managed to bend or lean enough so that his head was resting on Nephele's shoulder as she rubbed his back. "Okay...but we have to get a really good one!" He looked at her, his eyes shining. "I only got it for you...because you need to try them and love them!"

When Nephele went to lead him away, he suddenly paused. She had been so nice, even after he had embarrassed her in front of a ton of people. Lae felt all warm inside, and he suddenly felt as if he wanted to do something nice for someone else. "Wait right here, okay?" Lae ran over to a booth selling lemonade and bought three of them. Then, he handed one to Nephele, saying, "Be right back."

He walked over to the little boy, who suddenly grasped the elephant ear as if it were a prized possession. "It's mine now!" he shouted. "Go away!" But instead of leaving, Lae simply handed the lemonade to the boy. "Here - those make you kinda thirsty. Have a drink, okay?" The boy's eyes widened, but he took the drink and gulped it down. Then, smiling, he said, "Gee, thanks mister!"

Lae, feeling happy once again, walked back over to Nephele. "Okay, let's go find another elephant ear!"

{7-3}

((It's okay, my posts have been relatively short lately as well >.>))

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/17/2012 9:14 PM

"Yes, of course," Nephele said with a small smile, taking the opportunity to run a hand along his hair, almost as if she were petting him. She found his hair soft, which she found surprising. Many guys had rough hair.

When Lae didn't come with her right away Nephele thought for sure he was going to go back to the kid and get the treat back, but what he did next surprised her. She took the lemonade from her and watched as he went over to the boy. She smiled, proud that he was now willing to share even more.

He came back to her, and Nephele found herself smiling widely. "That was very nice," she commented. With her free hand she grabbed Lae's hand and laced her finger in his, feeling unusually happy and content. She smiled up at him, then took her hand with the lemonade in it and pointed forward. "Let's go find that elephant ear," she exclaimed with a laugh.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/26/2012 7:54 AM

"You think so?" Lae looked up at her comment of his act being nice. "I try to be nice a lot back home...but then people say I'm just getting in the way." He suddenly blushed. "Like the time I tried to help this friend of mine? He's a potter, but he injured his hand and couldn't make any of the clay pots for a week. I went into his shop and started making some...I thought it would be easy. But I kinda messed up, and wasted a ton of his clay." Lae looked down for a moment, but then back up again, happy. "But I didn't mess it up this time!" With that, he continued walking happily.

Laughing along with Nephele, Lae spotted another sign for Elephant Ears. He walked up and ordered another one, paid, and then walked back to the picnic table they had been previously sitting at. Luckily, nothing had been stolen while they were away, and Lae was able to sit down and finally eat his sweets. He offered Nephele the first bite of the elephant ear, waiting to see her reaction.

{7-4}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/27/2012 11:03 AM

Nephele nodded her head and listened intently to Lae's story. "At least you tried," she commented as they walked along. It wasn't long before they reached the stand and had another elephant ear in their possession.

Once back at the table Nephele sat down once more, ready to eat some more. It surprised her that it was all still there. She glanced up at Lae as he offered the first bite of the coveted treat. Then she took a bite, the sweetness nearly overwhelming her taste buds. "It's quite good," she said with a smile. She had never heard of the things, let alone had one, but they were better than she expected.

((Short post is short, sorry.   :oops: ))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/14/2012 12:33 AM

((Holy crap...it's been nearly a year since I've posted in this D: Darnit, I suck v.v Haha))

"Yeah, I don't always do the best when I try. But isn't there some saying about that? 'It's the thought that counts'...right?" Lae scrunched his face up in concentration, as he tried to make sure that he had the saying correctly. "Yeah, I think that's it. Anyways...time to get a sugar high!" He giggled.

Anxiously watching her face, Lae was incredibly glad to find that Nephele did, indeed, enjoy the elephant ear. "I know, right? I can't believe you haven't had one of these before!" He shook his head incredulously as he himself took a bite. Speaking through the mouthful of food, only giving a slight thought to the hope that Nephele didn't find him rude or unmannerly, he continued talking. "I mean, I've practically lived on these things since I was young! Well, during the summer when there are tons of carnivals and circuses and stuff, at least." He pushed some more of the goodies towards her and smiled. "By the way, don't be shy! Dig in, and try whatever you think looks good."

{Level 8 Reached}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/16/2012 1:21 AM

((haha, it's fine! :)))

Nephele laughed as well, "That sounds about right," she said. She glanced at Lae, not sure if she actually wanted to get a sugar high. She was unsure because she had never experienced one. But she went along with it, because it sounded fun.

As she looked at the treats, she wondered which one would be the best. There were so many to chose from! At Lae's urging, she picked up a candy apple, taking a large bite from the side. It was gooey and sticky, temporarily sticking her teeth together. As she worked at unsticking her teeth she listened to Lae's chatter, finding it funny how he was shoving the food in his mouth, but still managing to talk.

She offered an encouraging smile, hoping she didn't seem rude by not talking much. She was really unsure of what to say to Lae, other than that the food was great. She reached for some cotton candy, untwisting the tie and shoving bites of the sweet, fluffy stuff into her mouth. She felt like a pig, but it was so good she couldn't stop. And she didn't feel unforgettable, not with Lae stuffing his face next to her.

As she was picking at the cotton candy, she let out a laugh, placing more onto her tongue. "I've never done this before," she admitted rather lamely with a shy smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items