Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Adventure Awaits! [Private]

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 7:15 PM

Koishii 1.1

The Kuchi Nagi sat in one of the oversized couches in the library, reading a book, her tail lazily flicking. The elaborate armor she wore glimmered in the dusty light, giving it an almost...glowing appearence. The reptillne creature suddenly shut the book, as if deciding that she had enough reading for today. As she exited the library, she put the book on one of the book carts. Koishii blinked in the sudden light as she left the dusty library and into the busy world.

Anyone who had watched would have said that it was impossible for a Kuchi Nagi to be a girl. However, Koishii walked with a femine grace and was slightly slimmer somehow than the other Kuchi Nagi. Those who watched would have to admit that she indeed was a girl.

As usual, the city was bustling with activity. Wagons rattled over the cobblestone roads, carrying countless exotic goods. Hooded travelers, with their heads bowed, scurried through the crowd. Merchants with their street stands shouted out goods and their prices.
Despite all the noise, a quiet tension had gripped the city. Whispers about the current war spread through the city like a plague. Wary eyes scanned the skies and horizon for any sign of incoming Imperials.

A lone patrol guard eyed Koishii hopefully and marched up to her. "Do you have identification, sir?"

"Excuse me," Koishii politely began. "But, I do not understand why I would need identification here. The guards at the gate let me through without demanding any papers. I would also like to point out that I would like to be called 'ma'am', if neccesary since I am, indeed, a female."

That said, the Kuchi Nagi walked past the guard, searching for her friend.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 8:00 PM

Koishii 1.2/Guad 1.1

The Anala lazily stretched out on the hay, his long tongue flicking out to catch a passing fly. He was waiting for Koishii to arrive. Guad yawned, feeling rather sleepy. Where was Koishii anyway?

He eyed the streets, waiting for the familiar face of the Kuchi Nagi to appear. At last, he saw Koishii run up to the wagon, her armor clanking slightly as she ran. "Did ya get dem notes?"Guad closed his eyes, letting the sun warm him. Koishii smiled slightly at his accent.

"I did, Guad."Koishii jumped onto the wagon and handed the Anala some wrinkled looking papers.

"Great."He scanned the papers before handing it back to Koishii. "Keep 'em on ya, 'kay?"

"Yes, Guad."

The two relaxed as they rode on in the wagon, breathing in the strong scent of hay and absorbing the warm heat from the sun.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 8:19 PM

Koishii 1.3/Guad 1.2

They soon got off the wagon as it neared the outskirts and began to walk back. After all, they had nothing better to do.

"Excuse me Guad..."

"Yes?"The Anala quizzically glanced at his friend.

Koishii slightly coughed. "May I ask what the notes are for? After all, war tactics is a strange subject..."

Guad paused, seemingly uncertain to tell her. "Well, I must admit, Koishii, we have to prepare for war."

"May I ask why?"Her tone was still courteous, with no sign of surprise.

"Any minute now, while we're a-traveling, that is, anyone can attack us, thinkun' that we are Imperialists or Purines with info. It's a dangerous time right now."Guad's tone was grave, most unlike him.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 8:27 PM

Koishii 1.4/Guad 1.3

Koishii nodded and added, "Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, Guad, but, it's getting dark. Perhaps we should find shelter?"

Guad nodded. "Aye, a good plan."

They looped back to the outskirts and found a small, abandoned cave tucked away in the forest. Koishii went in first, checking for any creatures that might be sleeping in there. She was greeted by a gun, the muzzle pressing into her neck. "Excuse me,"Koishii was not in the least afraid. "I mean no harm."She raised her hands to prove so.

The person inside slowly slid out, looking rather jumpy. His clothing were almost rags, though Koishii could make out the faint symbol of the Imperialists sewn on his coat. "Who are you?"He cocked the gun, ready to fire if needed. Without waiting for an answer, he demanded. "What are you doing here?"

"Koishii, what is dem man doin'?"Guad asked, his tongue flicking out in irritation. "We are only travelers, yus. We only want shelter."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 8:36 PM

Koishii 2.0/Guad 1.4

The man warily lowered his gun, watching them to see if they would make any sudden movements or threatening gestures. They did not. He sighed and leaned against the rock wall, obviously tired. "Well...I suppose I can take you along. You are Imperials...right?"His eyes flew open, waiting to see their response.

"'N a sense, yus."Guad nodded. "A-mean, our alliances are to dem Imperials. Ain't that right, Koishii?"

"Yes."Koishii nodded.

"You'll come with me then."The soldier still regarded them suspiciously. "I'm heading toward a camp nearby. You'll have rest there. If you try any tricks though-" He raised his gun. "You'll be dead before you can cry for help."

"Yus, we un-der-stands. Ain't that right, Koishii?"

The Kuchi Nagi nodded.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 8:56 PM

Koishii 2.1/Guad 2.0

They followed the man into a huge camp hidden among the trees, barely noticeable. Guad was muttering under his breath about something, probably regretting his decision to come here. Koishii walked through the camp with her head held high, taking in everything. The aroma of stew hung in the air, making Koishii's mouth water. There were countless Imperial soldiers here too. Most of them were humans with their trusty pets by their sides. Some of the creatures had weapons strapped to them, obviously used for breaking the enemy lines. The man led them through the huge bulk of soldiers and stopped at a huge tent. The guards who were guarding the entrance of the tent stiffly saluted. The man wearily returned the salute. "I'm bringing in these two to see the Commander."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 9:10 PM

Koishii 2.2/Guad 2.1

The guards nodded and permitted the trio in. The tent inside was simply...impressive. Huge, scarlet banners hung from the ceiling and the bottom was lined with velvet carpet. The walls had countless awards and medals proudly displayed, all with the same name: 'Commander Cornwallis'. The Commander himself was rather imposing. He was gaunt, his flesh drawn tightly over his body, showing his high cheekbones. His soulless white eyes could've made anyone uneasy if he had stared at them long enough. "Who are they, soldier?"He quietly asked. The question was more directed to Koishii and Guad than the man.

Koishii had the sense to use her habit of being polite around this man. She gave a low bow and answered, "Sir, I am known as Koishii. My friend and companion here is known as Guadalipe Mariano Vallejo."

Cornwallis raised a thin eyebrow. "Is that so? And what business do you have here?"

"We are merely travelers, sir. If you could grant us shelter for the night-"

"Are you an Imperial or Purine?"The Commander interrupted.

"Sir, we are neither, although we lean towards the Imperials."

"Very good."Cornwallis waved a dismissive hand. "I shall see to it that you will be well-cared for. Soldier, take them to an empty tent."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/13/2007 9:21 PM

Koishii 2.3/Guad 2.2/Sukai 1.1

The tent they were led to was extremely simple: it had only three cots (one of them was already occupied) for them to sleep in. "You'll be sharing with Sukai."the man explained.

"Who's dis 'Sukai' person?"Guad asked.

"Her."The man pointed to a lump under the covers. "If you will excuse me now, I shall be reporting to my night-duties."He hurried out of the tent. Koishii looked at the lump and cleared her throat.

"Pardon me, but...are you Sukai?"

No answer.

"What are ya talking 'bout?"The Anala snorted. "It's jus a lump und-ah dem sheets..."

A yowl came from nowhere and an angry looking Snowball leaped out and onto Guad's face, scratching him with her claws. Guad yelped in pain and ran around, battering his paws against his face, trying to get Sukai off. Koishii attempted to pull off the angry Snowball but could not get a good grip on her. At last, Sukai jumped back to one of the cots and hissed, "Who are you calling a lump?!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/14/2007 7:07 PM

Koishii 2.4/Guad 2.3/Sukai 1.2

"Dem gods!" The Anala growled. "If you ain't a smaller dan me I'd-"

"Guad, please calm down." Koishii tried to soothe the angry Anala. "She didn't mean any harm."

"Didn' mean any harm, eh?" Guad pointed at the scratch marks on his face. "Lookit this! You call dis 'did' mean any harm'?"

"I could've done worse." Sukai hissed. "I'm not a lump!" That said she stubbornly sat there, arms crossed.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/03/2008 1:37 AM

Koishii 3.0/Guad 2.4/Sukai 1.3

"Of course you're not a lump." Koishii laughed. "I suppose we're room...tent mates? I'm Koishii and this is Guad."

"Don' wanna sleep with dat wildcat." Guad muttered. "She's grumpier than gran'ma when she's woken up from 'er nap."

"Deal with it!" Sukai snapped back.

Oh dear, it looked like this was getting off to a bad start...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate