Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

New Enterprises {Private M:E}

Postby Mojave » 09/14/2014 3:55 PM

This is a private roleplay! Only ToxicShadow and I are to post here. Mature tag for everything so we can go in any direction we see fit.

This was certainly an improvement from the Slums with the clean streets, legitimate businesses, classy bars, and city management. While she felt out of her element, she knew this was a necessary step in her long term plan. After years of operating in a shady bar in the Slums, her business had become pigeonholed with no room to grow. In the shadier parts of Evelon, an illegal business could flourish without the need of secrecy- provided you had to funds to buy amnesty. While the business had done well enough for her parents, Daiyher wanted more. She wanted an untouchable empire with a toe in all the ponds.

It had taken several years, lots of paper work, bribe money, and patience. It had even cost her her freedom in some aspects, and she had been forced to refine her rough edges. But now, with a government contract, she could legally and safely buy a place to expand in. With government connections, she would have the right equipment and the perfect cover for her extracurricular endeavors. She had the warehouse, she had the engineers, chemists, and lab geeks to make the products work, and she had the designs and orders flowing in. She had even waited a year to build her reputation and establish credit among the legit businesses. It was hard living such a double life at times, but oh the money. The money was better than she had imagined! But she couldn't forsake her roots. She needed to prove to her parents that she was not only good enough, but better at this gig than they were. She needed to make them proud.

So here she sat at a patio table in a nice resturaunt in public, waiting to meet her brother. She had contacted him in hopes of gaining a contract with his new family. She had a slight idea of what he was into, only because she lived a similar lifestyle. All crime syndicates had an idea of what the others did, sometimes a better idea than the 'competition' would have liked. In Riddler's case, she only knew it was probably illegal. What it was they did exactly, she had no clue. But where there's crime, there's weapons, as her fathers had taught her. And where there's weapons, there's a need for a supplier. She checked the watch upon her slight wrist and looked around her once again. He was late... and life in the slums taught one that late usually meant trouble.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Re: New Enterprises {Private M:E}

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2014 6:00 PM

Receiving a call from his little sister after out of the blue, not having had contact with her or any other members of his family for so long, had come as a surprise for Riddler.  Although it certainly was not unwanted. He may had a new family but, despite what it may have looked like, he hadn't forsaken his blood ties. He'd agreed to meet with her without many questions, claiming that he would have been delighted to. His arrangements hadn't gone as planned, however, when the boss had shown up, throwing open the door to his office, just shortly prior to their meeting time. There was no arguing with Karkaine. It was how the mafia operated, not questioning him. When Riddler was told he had to do something, even if it meant he had to drop everything else, then he didn't have a say in the matter.

"Just send someone in your place if it's that important to you," he had been told. The idea of a substitute wasn't an awful one, yet not favorable, either. Unable to cancel on such short notice, however, he passed the task onto another man in his department.

Minion Two checked his watch for what must have been the fifth time as he strode down the sidewalk in his haste, cursing the fact that he was, indeed, late. Not too terribly late, but late enough to make a poor impression. A small part of him was annoyed that the task had been handed over to him on such short notice, even though it was at no fault of Riddler's own.

Arriving at the restaurant, his eyes scoped out the guests, not bothering with the formality of asking a host or sever for the location of his party. He was guessing, based on what little information Riddler could offer about his sister's appearance, which was hardly anything at all, as to whom he was meeting. His gaze soon landed on someone that felt right. Something about the air around her seemed to fit the bill.

He approached the woman's table, clearing his throat politely to gain her attention. "You're Daiyher, I presume? Unfortunately, something came up that Riddler had to attend to, so he asked me to meet with you in his stead."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/14/2014 10:34 PM

All Turk children had similar features, as far as she knew. Her parents were able to spot sons and daughters they hadn't seen since puppyhood simply by seeing their faces. As such, she hadn't given the newcomer a second glance. She was in fact, reaching for her bag with the intent to call Riddler when she heard a man clear his throat. Before he had finished speaking, she had turned around, smile upon her lips.

Her greeting, one prepared for a sibling unseen since childhood, died in her mouth and the smile slipped out of place. An expression of confusion spread across her features as she examined the man more closely. How was she going to discuss a contract with a stranger? She didn't even know what her brother's family did, and she didn't want to admit how unfamiliar she was to someone she needed to impress.

"Yes, I'm Daiyher... and.." She cleared her throat, wiped the stupid look off her face, and stood to properly greet him. Admitting her weakness wouldn't get her a contract either. "Yes, I'm Daiyher. I apologize, I was expecting Riddler. May I inquire who you are?" She extended her hand in greeting.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/15/2014 3:15 PM

Witnessing her expression falter, Minion Two felt a little guilty, as if he was robbing her of her chance to meet and reconnect with one of her family. Obviously, when you were expecting your brother, only to be met with a complete stranger, it wouldn't be anyone's ideal circumstance, most likely. In the world in which he grew up, family was important, even though he was far from the child most doted on.

She seemed to recover from the surprise well, though, and he reached for and shook her offered hand. "No need to apologize. In fact, he sends his apologies to you. He didn't want to have to send a substitute, but thought it better than having to cancel short notice. My name's Minion Two. Your brother and I both work in the finance department." For the time being, he was keeping his words and expression polite and professional. "All proposed contracts go through us, first."

"I believe you two didn't discuss many details over the phone, so we'll have to work things out, no?" He went on to say after his initial greeting, sliding into the seat across from  Daiyher. A typical business briefcase that he'd brought with him was set down beside him. Overall, dressed in a nice suit as he was, he looked like a typical businessman, and that had been the intent. Well, he either looked like a business man, or someone that wanted to impress his date, but it was a good cover for any onlookers, either way.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/16/2014 12:51 AM

Relieved that he wasn't offended by her momentary lapse in composure, she didn't stop to apologize for it. Best to keep this business meeting moving forward. As she listened to Minion Two, she couldn't help but be relieved Riddler had sent a substitute; at least he was considerate of her entrepreneurial interests. "Yes, we discussed meeting over the phone, but we didn't get a chance to discuss anything in detail. I'm afraid, at the risk of sounding inane, we didn't discuss anything, in fact, other than when and where to meet and that it was a business venture."

She took a sip of water and reached for a menu, twitching her shoulder as she did so due to the unfamiliar fabric she currently wore. She was used to wearing more conservative attire such as long sleeve shirts and pants with boots and other layers. And she certainly never wore silk. The smoothness of the fabric tended to give her chills as it slid over her skin. Hoping he hadn't noticed, she handed one to him and casually flipped it open.

"So all contracts come through you? How much did my brother convey to you?" She wondered what Riddler knew, and if anything, how he knew it. "And perhaps more importantly, how do we 'work things out'?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/16/2014 2:49 PM

Whether he noticed her sign of discomfort in her choice of wear or not couldn't be said, as he went about politely accepting the menu that she had offered him with a quiet, "thank you." He didn't waste any time in flipping it open, first perusing the menu for available drinks, while he tried to pull his thoughts together on where to go from this point. Without any details planned ahead of time, they would both essentially have to wing it in conveying the necessary information.

"Yes, that's how we operate. Different people are seen for different things." His department dealt with keeping finances in check, thus the name, but also handled the dirty money and the not-so-legal contracts. Anyone that wanted an audience with Karkaine, on the illegal side of things, also had to come through them first. "He generalized the family's business prior to your taking over, what he knew of it, as well as mentioned the rumors of your current venture." His words implied that they had some notion, at least, that she was working as a weapons manufacture for the government. "Many rumors reach our ears, one way or another. You could say, a lot of people tend to gossip when they believe no one important can hear them, and it happens frequently among those attending our performance theater."

Minion Two presumed that Daiyher knew about their cover well enough, since she likely found a way to contact Riddler through the fact that he was known as an actor in the theater they used as their cover. Many of the mafia members were something of celebrities in the local areas, and their faces could be seen in advertisements around the city. Their theater was incredibly popular, and being generally loved made them least likely suspects for their suspicious deeds. It went without saying that even the locals with connections in the government came around from time to time. They gleaned information both through legal and illegal means, in this manner.

"I can say that we're interested in what you have to offer. Our boss prefers dealing with family rather than strangers, although, at this point, we're only assuming you can provide what we're looking for. The question is, what can you provide us?" Since it was she coming to them, they were the ones looking to be sold on the deal, though she already had an edge over existing competition simply by being related to one of the leading five in the mafia.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/17/2014 1:47 AM

It was now time to put her training to use. It had always been the toughest part of her upbringing as she tended to be ruthlessly blunt and honest. However, one could not be completely transparent while in public and trying to garner a new contract with a not so legal business partner. She twitched a brow at mention of rumors, and sipped her water again as she returned to perusing her menu. She would have to take care of the loose tongues among her employees, it seemed. "I see." it was a simple statement, and one that clearly said she didn't want to discuss the rumors any further. Nor did she want to confirm or admit how she had come into contact with Riddler. He was right, naturally, but she wouldn't admit it; let him think whatever he wanted.

The waiter came by at that time to take their orders. She requested a drink and a small order of calamari. The waiter took Minion Two's order and departed.

She smirked at his question of what she could offer them, but wiped it away before she looked up. She was sure he had noticed the expression by the way her cheeks had moved, but she didn't care. "I'm sure you're aware of my major client and the basic equipment that has been provided. However, I have much more room to expand than you would think. Amnesty, and all that comes with it."

The waiter reappeared with their orders, though hung around to ask if they needed anything else. She declined as she unwrapped her silverware and took another sip of her water. She focused on her own plate as the waiter tended to Minion Two.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/24/2014 11:17 PM

When the waiter had come by, initially, Minion Two made his request of an iced tea and light pasta dish, and handed his menu over to him, as well. He was choosing to eat lightly, in favor of conversing and getting things done in a timely manner. A larger or heavier meal was not necessary.

"Indeed." Came his reply, once the woman began to explain. Well, more or less, give her introduction. "With what favors you have been granted, I'm certain expanding will not be of much issue." His words could have been taken as an insult or compliment, depending on how one took them and how one said them, but his tone of voice made it very clear: it was a compliment. Her accomplishments, thus far, were nothing to laugh at.

"Thank you, and no thank you. I need nothing else," he responded with polite etiquette toward the waiter when he returned with their dishes. The waiter then left them to their meals, and he didn't waste any time before preoccupying himself with a few bites. In reality, he was thankful for all the distractions that the restaurant setting provided him. Although he made an effort to give himself an air that made him confident and capable, he was more uncertain with himself than he let on.

After a few moments, he broke the silence, with very carefully chosen words. "I should make it clear. We have the need for a great many things. Perhaps things we have not yet considered. We not only have our own business to attend to, but I dare say that my employer is also involved in the war efforts." Minion Two only chose to let on just enough information to explain their position. They would still need convincing, of course, but he would leave that up to Daiyher. Just how much she wanted the contract with them, they wouldn't certainly come to see.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/27/2014 7:47 PM

She made quick work of her appetizer, though made certain to keep etiquette in mind- it wouldn't do to offend him with poor table manners. She listened to him, though she did not react to his statement concerning her expansions. If he found her capabilities to do so questionable, they would not be sitting here. As for his discomfort, she could tell he also was thrown off by the sudden change in plans. She found it a relief, and saw an opportunity.

"I am confident all your needs can be met, both personal and professionally. I already sold some basic designs for the war efforts, though I am afraid I cannot tell you which side has them. Your employer may already be familiar with these depending on his position." She took another sip of water before continuing. "But I have a proposal to make. We were both surprised by this meeting and this setting isn't really ideal for pure business discussion. I would happily provide a demonstration to better illustrate what I have to offer by contracting with me. Of course, the setting and timing can be chosen by your company for your convenience. I am available any time day or night for this endeavor." She steepled her fingers and rested her chin lightly upon the tips as she waited for his answer.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/07/2017 5:07 AM

As Daiyher leapt at her chance, Minion Two quietly listened to her as he continued with his light meal. Lunch portions were usually small, which was ideal, and he made relatively quick work of his food as she spoke.

When she finished speaking, he made a quiet, "hm," as he lifted his iced tea and took a nice long sip. After returning the glass to it's place on the table then, he grinned, just a bit. "How about right now? I'm yours for the day; we prefer getting things done in a timely manner rather than dancing around, when at all possible." This wasn't usual protocol, although it was true that they desired not to waste any time. In most situations, they were far more careful than this. He wouldn't go alone, spur of the moment, to a location that wasn't decided by his side. However, given her connections to Riddler, she was not considered a threat to him. There was still the need to be cautious, so he'd relay his location to other members as usual protocol, but he saw no reason to wait for someone to come and accompany him.

"What do you say?"

Yes, he'd do his work efficiently, then be done with it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/11/2017 3:53 PM

While others would have made some remark about him prolonging their encounter, Daiyher never even thought about it. Much to her father's horror, she was pretty clueless about romance and often missed when someone came onto her.

She was, however, surprised that he was willing to go with her alone. "Alright," She replied with her own small smile. She waved the waiter over for the check and gave him a card as soon as he came to them. Once he had stepped away, she pulled out a small phone and hit a button. "I'm ready." She then proceeded to tell whoever was on the other end where they were. "Thank you." She briskly hung up the phone and looked back at Minion Two. "My driver is on the way. Did you need to report in or something?"

The waiter quickly returned with her receipts and card. Withe a flourish she signed the reciept after leaving a generous tip and stood. "The car is here." She nodded to a black sedan that came to a stop by the exit gate of the patio just as she looked at it. A burly man stepped out of the front passenger seat followed by someone stepping out of the driver side backseat. It was hard to tell if this person was a guy or a girl, but it was clear these were Daiyher's body guards. "Take us to the warehouse, please." She instructed before slipping gracefully into the back seat. Once Minion Two was inside, the two body guards returned to the car. It was a relatively short drive, so Daiyher didn't bother to initiate a conversation.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/29/2017 3:19 AM

Minion Two nodded. Pulling out his own mobile phone, he sent a quick text message to more than just one person of the mafia noting what was happening. Although he was uncertain of where they would be going, at this point, he needn't worry, since his phone could be tracked by the others through GPS. Of course, that wasn't taking signal scramblers into account, but this was considered a fairly low risk task.

Under normal circumstances, if this had actually been a date rather than business, he would have at least insisted on paying for his portion of the bill, but didn't even bat an eyelash when Daiyher foot the bill, and quite smoothly, at that. Of course, it was all part of business. That, or a show that she didn't need any man to pay for her, or even both, but he didn't really consider it, since his mind was on work.

He stood when she did, and followed after her toward the car she had indicated. Politely, he acknowledged her bodyguards with a slight nod of his head, before slipping into place in the car after she had. Similarly, as she had nothing to say at the moment, neither did he, and he was content with the silence.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/21/2018 3:54 PM

The sedan stopped at a security gate, the structure being one of only two ways in or out of the tightly secured compound. After the vehicle was scanned by security for any bombs, tracers, or other breaches, they were flagged forward and the gate slid open just enough to let them pass.

Daiyher remained silent, letting the security level speak for itself. Of course, there was much more to see on their way into the compound toward the main factory. From their current position, pristine green lawns flowed out toward several clusters of buildings on either side. In front of each cluster were parking lots that led back to this driveway. They were all full and nobody was currently coming or going, implying that everyone was currently at work. The main building was a modern work of art in glass and steel, the driveway circling a fountain in front of the main doors. A large abstract steel sculpture perched upon it's central pedestal above the water, gleaming in the bright sunlight.

The sedan stopped in front of the doors and the body guards exited the car to open their doors. Daiyher stepped out and waited for Minion Two to circle the car before ascending the long shallow steps. Upon entering the building they were checked by armed security, their weapons emblazoned by the same symbol that decorated the wall behind the reception desk. A receptionist was busy and quietly answering calls indicated by flashing lights instead of ringing while another was on a computer typing industriously away. Neither looked up from their tasks because a third was between them and she gave a welcoming smile at seeing them. "Welcome to Turk Indostries Incorporated, sir. Ma'am." She handed over a thick folder, extending it out formally with both hands with bowed head. "Thank you, Chelsea. Can you call a cart to the front door, I'm going to be giving a tour and demonstration. Please email me any messages, anything of dire importance should still be sent to my phone immediatley." "Yes Ma'am." She reponded and retreated back behind the counter to follow her instructions. A golf cart was quickly parked out front and the driver stood before them asking if Daiyher would like him to drive them around. She declined, releasing him on the basis, "I'm sure your lunch break will start before we're done, I can handle it." He gave a smile, nod, and wave and departed back to whatever other tasks were his. Daiyher led Minion Two and her body guards back outside to the cart, however the two guards went back into the sedan and drove off. Apparently they weren't needed on base.

"As you can see we have lots of security, efficient communication, and the staff are treated well and seem to be under no exceptional duress to do their jobs. Would you like to see the chemical, ammo, or weapons compounds first?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate