Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

[8]

Postby Atoli01 » 12/27/2014 12:11 AM

Rhys was impressed with herself only because Donnie was impressed with her. In truth, she was disappointed with his response. Some of her half-brained comments and actions were able to invoke much more than slight annoyance in her elders, but it seemed Pendleton was the exception. For the moment anyway. Once he got a wake-up call to remind him of what she was capable of, Rhys was certain he wouldn't feel the same way. Oh, just picturing the man all red-faced and huffing everywhere was wonderful.

With any luck, she'd get her wish granted soon. He had the huffing part down, anyway. "Mister Pendleton, will you have to be mopping your floors later?" she asked with a honey-sweet smile gracing her features. Her hands were folded in front of her to resemble, of course, the perfect little angel she was. "No," she answered for him. It was a cute threat, if she did say so herself, but she meant every word of it.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Re: Double-Sided [P, D + maybe others]

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/27/2014 12:53 AM

Brook stared at Rhys for a moment, ignoring the silent hissy fit the teacher was quickly going into, threatening to give Rhys detention or something or other. He glanced at the class, noticing that a few people were smiling knowingly; they must know Rhys already. Others seemed genuinely floored by the back and forth, which lead Brook to believe that this was not a school that commonly disrespected teachers, which then lead him to believe that Rhys was, in fact, a delinquent, or at the very least a troublemaker. Smiling at his luck, Brook turned his attention back to the conversation at hand, content to listen and not participate. Yet.

"Miss Rhys, I will see you after class about this. I feel you need to be reminded again how this class works, and what sort of rules we follow here," the teacher barked in a barely controlled huff, then promptly whirled back around to the board and began writing a few things down, continuing his tired speech with a bit more jerk to his movements. Brook glanced over at Rhys, then rolled his eyes and made a face, smirking at her.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[9]

Postby Atoli01 » 12/27/2014 3:06 AM

Heh, now that was more like it. Show little Donnie how it was done. Oh, he had big footsteps to follow. Rhys sat at her desk throughout the entirety of the teacher's hissy fit, a smug grin plastered across her face. Anyone who looked at her would be able to tell that she was only doing so to stifle the laughter that would have escaped her lips otherwise. The teacher's face always got so red when he was angry! It was hilarious! The reactions her disobedience earned her were almost worth pulled out of class and being given detention.

"And here I can recite the class rules for you from memory. You've made me do it enough," she mumbled as the teacher turned back around to the board. First period and she already got herself in trouble. "That's how it's done," she mouthed silently to Donnie. She wouldn't get him into anymore trouble this hour, though she couldn't make that same promise if they had the class together next period.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/16/2015 1:33 PM

Brook watched as the teacher turned back to the board and continued his droning. He glanced at Rhys, his eyebrows raised in a show of being impressed with her actions, and in all honesty, he was. Most kids didn't have that kind of nerve. "Not bad at all," he mouthed back at her, smirking slightly as he leaned on his elbows and crossed an ankle over his knee. In his mind, he made a mental schedule. First period with Rhys, Calculus. Second period was gym... which was not something he looked forward to at all. He half wondered if she would be in that one, too...

The class passed on far more dully than it began, and soon the bell rattled Brook's head with the memories of how school used to be. He'd hated it. Brook yawned and stood up, shouldering his backpack and looking down at Rhys with a subdued, sympathetic grin. "Good luck with the teach'. Try not to get your head bitten off. What's your next period?" he asked, running a hand through short brown hair.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Atoli01 » 01/23/2015 7:40 PM

The man just droned on and on. Rhys figured she had caused enough of an uproar for the first day, so she chose not to challenge the man's authority any further. Being kicked out this early in the game would be troublesome, seeing as how much still remained for her to teach Donnie. She'd shape him into an ace delinquent yet. Oh, she could turn even the sweetest, most docile kids into bitter, rotten apples given enough time and patience. She wasn't about to listen to the man give the same dull introduction she had heard already last year, so she cradled her head in her arms against the table and fell into a light sleep.

Light enough, of course, that her ears caught the tail end of his lecture. She perked up upon realizing the class was finally over with for the day. Rhys had just then turned her attention to Donnie to strike up some small talk, but it seemed he had beat her to it. "Hm... gym? History? I'm not sure," she replied. She reached down beside her to make a grab for her school bag, but she stopped before her fingertips grazed the material. "Well either way, gym is better for the body. Who really cares if I miss out on what a bunch of old days did three hundred years ago." She shrugged and snatched a water bottle from her bag. Before asking Donnie what his class was, she chugged the bottle, down to the last drop, and discarded the flimsy plastic back on her desk. Funny how thirsty boredom could make a person.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/25/2015 9:15 PM

Brook smiled slightly at her vague answer, chuckling to himself. "I'm pretty sure mine's gym," he said with a shrug, which was very much an understatement. 'Pretty sure,' that is. In truth, he'd memorized the schedule so well he was fairly sure he could reproduce the exact font used right down to the serif edges, had he had the skills to do that. Such was protocol; he had to make it look natural, but also had to know exactly where to be at all times. "Not looking forward to it, if I'm honest..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous