Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: [* A Hiccup in the Routine [P|L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/29/2014 9:02 PM

[Jokes on u Elanor Dukhaan is a mega wimp lmaoooo.]

Dukhaan's smile had slowly fallen as she spoke, and his brows knitted together as she bent her head to her own arm. "What... the..." he began, then drew in a sharp breath as she pricked herself with her teeth, his heart dropping in his chest. "You... ohhh my god..." Dukhaan's voice trailed off into something like a loose whine as he grew woozy, and with a slump he seemed to have fainted at the sight of either the blood or the fact that this woman was, A, crazy enough to drink her own blood for a prank, or B, actually a vampire. And given that Dukhaan was hard pressed to dispel any and all disbelief about such things, his body's first reaction was to faint. At least maybe now Elanor could get his ankle taken care of without too much fuss.

[He'll wake up next post don't worry lolol.]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[9]

Postby Jaykobell » 11/29/2014 9:49 PM

Despite biting herself, the woman hadn't drank her own blood. That would be a little like feeding on herself, and something akin to cannibalism, really. Still, the sharp pain she'd felt upon biting hadn't lasted very long at all, which was why she hadn't minded just showing him the truth.

But then she started regretting that decision when the thief slowly, but surely, got much too unsettled and scared for his own heart to handle. Before long, all he could do was mutter some of his disbelief before literally fainting on her floor. "Ah!" she exclaimed as he slumped over, stretching over him just a little to take a better look at him. "Oh..." Although he couldn't see her face, she looked genuinely worried for him, and she felt bad for having forced her identity on him. In her defense, she hadn't expected him to literally faint in front of her.

Still, she could tell that he was still alive. And his ankle was still sprained. Slowly and quietly, she returned to his shoes so she could actually take care of his injury. At this point, this was the least she could do, considering she'd given him such a fright. Although, there was on telling if he would even accept her help, all things considered... still, she couldn't just leave him like that.

[Homg poor baby. x'D They're too much, both of them. :,| So I wasn't sure how long you wanted him to be unconscious for. So he can either wake up while she's taking off his shoes and stuff, or he could even wake up the next morning, all comfy in a bed with his leg raised and some ice on his ankle to heal him right up. It's all up to you~ :,v]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/30/2014 1:09 AM

[Yeeeah lolol I'm feeling the latter. xD]

When Dukhaan woke up, light was pouring in from the window, and the first thing to greet him was a pounding headache. He scowled as he yawned, gritting his teeth and stretching... Something felt weird. Dukhaan's eyes snapped open, and he stared at the dust floating through the air above him, his eyes immediately going to see his leg propped up on a very fat pillow, a bag of ice numbing his ankle. So that's what felt weird. Dukhaan frowned and squinted, trying to remember how on earth he got in this situation. This didn't look like Baltoro's house...

Dukhaan let his head drop back to the pillow as he assessed the situation. Well, the bed was soft... think back. Just think back a little. He could've sworn it had been night time... cold... he'd snuck into Lamenolai to steal something worth a little money so he could help his mom out... He'd climbed through the window, hurt his ankle... and then...

Dukhaan drew in a sharp breath and stiffened, his heart suddenly hammering a mile a minute in his chest. Vampire. The vampire... she... wait. Dukhaan furrowed his brow, letting out a tense breath. Maybe he'd just imagined that part. He supposed maybe the pain in his foot had made him a little woozy, or something. Yeah, totally. That's definitely what happened.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[10]

Postby Jaykobell » 11/30/2014 2:12 AM

The room was smaller than the one from the night before, but it was nothing to scoff at. The bed itself was a double bed, for sure, and it even had tall pillars at all four corners that extended higher up to their own ceiling, with soft, thin covers hovering between them. Many pillows and cushions were on the bed as well, together with plush, fat covers usually found in hotels and luxurious places. Other than the bed, though, the room itself was fairly empty, having only the bare necessities like a small nightstand, a lamp on the said nightstand, and a few larger desks for clothes. This room also had a window overlooking the streets of the city, and a small closet tucked in one of the farthest corners.

And finally, the thief's shoes had been left by his bedside, untouched and still in one piece.

The place was also eerily quiet, despite how big it was. One would've expected it to be a bit more decorated and a bit livelier.

A little while after the thief had woken up, the door of the room slowly creaked open. Bright red eyes peered through a small opening of the door, and when they noticed the occupant was awake, the door opened up entirely. "Oh, you're awake." The same woman from the night before stepped inside the room, though she stayed by the door. She was more presentable then, wearing normal clothes instead of a simple, casual nightgown. Her clothes were plain regardless, being only a pair of black jeans with a dark red turtleneck, though she did also have an orange scarf-life cover draped over her shoulders and arms. Her long hair was tied into a tight bun, giving her a whole different look.

What hadn't changed were her pale skin, her unusual eyes, and as she smiled at the thief, her canines were, in fact, still in place in her mouth. "I was worried when you fainted," she spoke, though it was clear she was trying to thread lightly with him. "I did get around to looking over your ankle, though. It looked swollen, but I don't think the sprain is too bad. I don't think you can walk yet, but you should be okay soon." That last diagnosis was probably the one thing he most likely wanted to hear the most, though she was unsure on how he would react to seeing her again.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/04/2014 12:32 PM

Dukhaan had barely jumped as the door opened and the woman spoke, but his memory quickly latched onto the voice as the same woman from the night before. Right, she must have done all this. A small flicker of gratitude, and embarrassment, filled Dukhaan's heart, and he shifted to lean up on his elbows, peering at her. From that distance, he couldn't see her teeth just yet, and in all honesty he preferred to forget whatever strange delusion had plagued him the previous night. He squinted at her, his nose wrinkling for a moment. "You look kinda different," he mused, tilting his head. She looked more like a regular person, now, and in all honesty Dukhaan wasn't sure how to feel about it. She looked... nice, he supposed. But he never had been a very good judge of that.

"Shouldn't walk, huh," Dukhaan murmured, letting his head drop to the pillow again, and he sighed, bringing his hands up to rub at his face. "Mom's gonna flip her shit..." he muttered, a wince in his voice. "I didn't even tell Esfir where I was going..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[11]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/04/2014 9:28 PM

She was surprised to hear him say that she looked different from yesterday. She assumed it was probably the fact the thief could see, now that it was daytime. She was also properly dressed and her hair wasn't just a loose mess. She could hope that his comment meant that he wasn't still afraid of her, considering how he'd fainted the night before.

She tilted her head, herself, when he dropped back on his pillow and murmured a few problems of his own. Her reveal as a vampire hadn't been a lie, and besides being able to bite, she did have acute senses. Of course, that included hearing, to the point where she could hear him whisper from across the house if there was honestly nothing else making noise between the two. "Oh, would you like me to do anything for you?" she offered, hearing him getting nervous over his mother and another person he'd mentioned by name. "You could write your mom and your friend a note, and I could deliver it, if you'd like."

She smiled a little sheepishly afterwards as she paused for a brief moment, rubbing the back of her neck. "Like I said, I'm a vampire, so I honestly don't have any human food here... So if you want me to buy you anything on the way out, just let me know." He wouldn't be able to walk for maybe a day or two, so how was he expected to eat, the poor thing? She couldn't just leave out there on his own, either.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/14/2014 11:07 PM

Dukhaan's hands slipped off his face at her mention of writing a letter to his mother and Esfir, and he frowned. Letters... there was no way this lady could deliver something like that in a short time. "Ehh... mn, my family lives in the Slums," he muttered, frowning as he shifted to peer up at her again. "Far away..."

And then there was that vampire thing again. Dukhaan's heart dropped in his chest instinctively, before he chuckled slightly, hoping to laugh it off. "There you go with that whole vampire shit... okay, so you're persistent. I can play along, I guess. I am kinda hungry..." he mused, more awake now that he was speaking to her, and he offered a slight good-natured smirk at her. "I'd kill for a burger right now."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[12]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/15/2014 12:20 AM

[Lmao I love how Dukhaan is still in such a strong state of denial.]

It was sad to hear that his family lived so far away. Even with her being a vampire, there was no way she would be able to get there so fast. If he changed his mind, though, she would be move than willing to deliver a letter still.

When he laughed off her mention of being a vampire again, she blinked, slipping a hand behind her neck sheepishly. She smiled at him, showing off those canines just ever so slightly, but she didn't press the issue. He seemed to be in strong denial, but there wasn't much she could do about that, if he refused to believe her despite all the evidence.

She was glad that he was hungry, though, considering that was a good sign when it came to injured people. She brightened a bit when he told her what he wanted, and she put a finger to her cheek. "Hmm, I'm not really a good cook," she admitted with a small sheepish smile; a vampire didn't need to cook, really, so the skill was something she never practiced or used, "but I know we have a lot of restaurants around here. I can go buy you something from there," she offered, cupping her hands together as she nodded and tilted her head. "How do you like your burger? Do you want anything else with it?" Most joints offered fries and a drink, but you could often pick your own sides, or you could even decide to take the burger only, if you wanted. "Just tell me, and I'll go buy it for you."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/18/2014 8:13 PM

"Oh..." Dukhaan began, realizing he was allowed to be picky. That wasn't usually a thing that came with growing up in the Slums. In truth, therefore, he really had no idea how he liked his burger, and with a hint of embarrassment he murmured, "Eh... just a normal one. Cheese, tomato, lettuce, preferably meat," he added with a raise of his eyebrow, grinning at her. "And... maybe some fries, too. That'd be great." Dukhaan blinked, realizing something, and quickly added, "I'll make it up to you somehow, promise."

[Pitifully tiny short post pffft sorry sorry]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[13]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/18/2014 10:29 PM

She patiently waited for the thief to tell her what he liked, quietly standing by the door frame. He sounded a little unsure, but despite his whispering, she did understand what he wanted. "Of course there'll be meat, silly," she pointed out, giggling just for a little bit as she smiled. "That's the point." A burger with no meat wasn't a burger, right?

She blinked when he promised to make it up to her, somehow, and she tilted her head. "Oh, don't be silly. It's okay, really," she assured him, shaking her head, just as she started heading out the room. "Just rest for now. I'll be back soon!"

It felt like she'd just shut the door, that the woman was already back. A little bit of time had passed, but considering her manor-like house was located at the outskirts of the city, it had taken little time to get food. Before long, she was back with a small paper bag, and the smells invaded the room as soon as she stepped in.

"Here you go!" she said, walking over to the bed and handing the small bag to the boy. "Just a regular burger with fries." That was from one hand, but she was holding a cold cup in her other hand, which handed over to him too. "It was better to take a combo, so it came with a drink too," she explained, though she smiled sheepishly afterwards. "I... didn't know what you would like, so I just told them to give me the most popular soft drink." She'd assumed water would be boring, but now that she was back, maybe it would've been the safest?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/20/2014 1:58 AM

Dukhaan had sat up after she left, deciding to achieve some semblance of awakeness, and when she came back he jumped slightly, not expecting the short amount of time it took. "Woah, you're fast," Dukhaan observed, blinking as she held out the food to him. He blinked another time, then smiled and reached out to take the burger and drink, placing the bag between his knees and pulling out a few fries to eat. "Mmm... thanks a bunch, lady." Dukhaan blinked a second time, chewing, then blushed slightly. "Er... I... I don't think you actually ever told me your name. Not that you need to, or anything, I mean, lady works..." he trailed off, stuffing his mouth with his burger and chewing to prevent himself from saying anything else embarrassing.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[14]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/21/2014 11:08 PM

She didn't say anything when the thief complimented her on being so fast. She only smiled a little sheepishly, because she was faster than a regular human, again because of the vampire roots. The boy seemed a little unwilling to accept that about her, though, so she preferred not to push the issue.

She sadly didn't have a tray to offer him, but the boy looked happy enough just to have the food. She was happy to see him eat and enjoy it, and she smiled a bit more earnestly when he thanked her. She was a little surprised when he pointed out that she'd never told him her name, and that same time, she realized that she hadn't had a chance to ask for his, either. "Oh! Well, you fainted yesterday night, so I guess it wasn't a good time," she answered, flashing her teeth as she grinned. "My name is Elanor," she introduced herself, draping her big orange scarf over herself. "What about yours?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/25/2014 1:24 AM

Dukhaan paused in stuffing his face, glancing up at Elanor with a blink, and he swallowed, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. "Elanor, huh," he murmured, then smiled, looking genuinely friendly now that he had food. "Name's Dukhaan," he said with a nod, and in a small moment of openness he chuckled and cringed. "My brother and... friend, they call me Duck. Which is the worst. Don't call me that," he said, smirking at her, then took another bite of the burger and sipped his drink. "This is great, by the way. Dunno if I said that already. Saying it again," he decided out loud, munching on a fry. "I was serious about paying you back, though. Once I can walk again, maybe I could clean something for you, or whatever. Mow your lawn, whatever."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [15]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/09/2015 3:08 PM

Elanor watched as Dukhaan started to open up, and she was glad for it. Whether or not he still believed the vampire story was a lie or not, she didn't really care, at this point. The fact he was smiling and being a bit more friendly with her was enough for her.

"Awh, that's so cute, though," she said when he pointed out his brother and friend called him by a nickname. "I can't remember my family giving me any nicknames," she said on her side, but then she chuckled a little.

"I'm glad you like it," she said about the food, smiling a little sheepishly. "I'm not the best cook, but I know restaurant foods aren't everyone's favorite, either." The majority liked it, and some restaurants offered very fancy, high-quality foods. Still, it wasn't everyone's favorite choice, and if anything, nothing could really beat home cooking.

"Oh," she mused when Dukhaan insisted on paying her back. As honest as he sounded, she didn't really feel comfortable forcing him to repay her. "Don't worry about it," she assured him, waving her hand just a little bit to dismiss the thought. "I wasn't just going to leave you injured like that. It's not like me to do that. And you have a family; once you're better, you should go back to them."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/10/2015 12:18 PM

Dukhaan listened quietly to her as he ate, so placated with food that he didn't even seem to mind the 'cute' comment. He finished the burger and licked a finger, flicking his eyes up to meet hers. "Oh... yeah, I guess," he murmured, sounding a little more subdued. His mother would ask where he'd been; if she learned he'd been stealing, there's no telling what she'd do. But he needed to get back so Esfir wouldn't be alone while his mother was at work... that is, if the two of them weren't already out looking for him. Dukhaan swallowed, shifting slightly as the fry he was munching on seemed to stick in his throat with the sudden nervousness on his face. "I really do gotta get back... soon."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous