Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: [* Care for a Drink? [P]

Postby Atoli01 » 12/06/2014 8:56 PM

She wondered, when he went and stared off, if he had any history with angels, or if he knew they existed. Hamilcar's admittance answered her question; it was a no. Hmm... She was curious as to what the man was thinking of in that moment, though she figured it wasn't the brightest idea, or the smoothest move, to go prying too far into a person's head. If he wanted to tell her, he would. In the grand scheme of things, she assured herself, it wasn't anything to concern herself over.

However, when he began musing how he'd catch her interest, she was taken aback. She cupped her hands around her glass and bit her lip. It was something she didn't have a solid answer to, admittedly. "I think that charming vampire is doing just fine as is," she assured him with a grin and straightened herself up again. Leaning herself just a bit closer to the table, she averted her eyes from Hamilcar and told him, "I think the protagonist would feel sad if you looked at her any differently because she was an angel. She ran away from home as soon as she could, so she's practically a human."

Following that statement, she realized she had been neglecting her drink, and took a few drawn out sips of it. Not done, but almost there. She noticed Hamilcar's glass was in a similar state as well. "Do you want to take a walk with me to get another? For both of us, it seems," she suggested as she stood from her seat and downed what was remaining in her glass. Maybe she'd try a different drink this time. Little variety never hurt anyone.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

[9]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/06/2014 10:30 PM

He was surprised to see that tiny, minuscule detail as her biting her lip. He'd been mostly light-hearted about his inquiry, but it seemed like he'd managed to catch her a little bit off-guard. He raised an eyebrow curiously as Imogen thought her answer over, and honestly, she didn't disappoint. He was glad to know he was doing a good enough job to hold her interest, even if he wasn't quite the most talkative of the two, so far. Hm, maybe she preferred the quieter guys? He was a fairly good listener, if he could say so, himself.

Still, the mention of her having run away from home was a little surprising, if also sad to hear. It did sound like she'd had a bad time with her parents, but he wasn't one to pry too deeply. If it were truly that kind of story, where her parents were overbearing with their high expectations to the point of Imogen running away, Hamilcar figured it might be indecent to ask anything further.

When she offered to go get another drink, he looked down at his own, which did need another refill. "Heh, I wouldn't mind that," he replied, keeping a hand on the glass as he got up from his own seat. "What are you thinking of getting? Let me buy it for you," he offered, and he even stretched his hand out towards her, offering to walk her all the way to the bar counter. Not that it was a long walk, but it wouldn't do if the man had no manners. "It goes without saying the man should pay for the woman," he added, giving Imogen a smile.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/06/2014 11:46 PM

Graciously, she took his hand with a smile and chuckled at his offer to buy her a drink. "Oh, but I have more than enough money. You don't have to worry about a thing." The latest of her books had placed four spots higher in the charts than her previous book did upon release, so it really was true that she had more than enough money for a simple drink. "But, well... where are my manners? If you're really offering to buy me one, then wouldn't I be the rude one to refuse?" It really didn't matter to her who spent their money on the drinks, she concluded, as long as it didn't burn a hole in either of their pockets.

"As for what to get... hmm... I guess I'm a bit adventurous. I had the bartender recommend a drink for me last time, but I have no clue what it was," she laughed sheepishly. "So could you maybe recommend something this time? Anything nice and fruity works. Think of the girliest drink you can," she told him, winking at him at the end. It occurred to her that now, once the bartender saw her with another man, that she wasn't apt to earn herself a free drink, but... She sighed inwardly. She had found herself quite the charmer, worth more than a drink or two.

She smiled at him before she adjusted the glass in her hand and tugged his hand lightly. "Shall we go then?"

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

[10]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/08/2014 12:39 AM

[Hahah, okay, I don't drink, so... I literally had to pull up a list of girly fruity drinks off the internet. My life.]

He picked up his own glass once he was up, and he was glad to see Imogen accepting his hand. Admittedly, he was getting a little nervous, if only because she sounded like she was a girl who, for the most part, had her life in order. Oh, he definitely enjoyed her company, but he was being self-conscious. He didn't want to make a blunder around her, and as much as he didn't mind leading the beautiful girl, he had a hard time leading them if they were more successful than him, or just more assertive.

Ah, but the night had been going well enough, right? As long as she smiled and showed her approval to him, Hamilcar tried to convince himself not to overdo it, and not to overthink it. Imogen sounded like the type who would tell him if he put his foot in his mouth, or if he did something that insulted her.

When she tugged his hand along, he chuckled briefly before leading her to the bar counter, all the while trying to think of a drink he could suggest to her. Hmm, he'd been with a few girls before, so he could recall a drink or two. "Hm, I'm not sure about it being quite so girly, but I've seen a few girls drink the one I have in mind," he suggested, giving her a smile as they walked to the counter.

Once there, he asked the bartender for a refill of his own drink, while asking for another glass for his girl of the night; of course, he made sure to mention it was going to be all on him. With a quick performance, the bartender had Hamilcar's drink refilled to the brim, and another glass ready for the lady.

Hamilcar picked up the second glass and offered the drink to Imogen. It was in a tall, round glass, filled with a crystal blue drink that had its glass adorned with a single small slice of pineapple at the rim. "A Blue Hawaiian, they call it," he told her, motioning for her to pick it up. Hopefully it would be a good choice, and not a drink that would leave a bad taste in her mouth.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/08/2014 9:44 AM

[LMAO. That's great. xD;; I don't know any specifically besides daiquiris, pffffff.]

Ooh, she was excited to see Hamilcar had in mind for her. She admired, in a way, people who could actually remember the names of alcohol. She supposed it was a sad thought, but she remembered with more clarity the names of drinks commonly ordered by the men which she let entertain her in nights' past than that of the drinks which she herself got. (But, she noted, half the time, she never knew the name of the drink to begin with. Anything with a sweet, light taste passed for her.)

She followed behind Hamilcar without a qualm. In fact, despite the fact that she'd probably lost her pass at a free drink for the night, she was satisfied that she could return the counter with someone accompanying her this time. She took in one of the stools surrounding the counter, near Hamilcar, as the bartender was preparing their drinks. She chuckled as he made it a point to let the bartender know that he was paying. Had he seen her flirting with him earlier, or was he just a prideful man? Hmm, she wondered.

Graciously, she accepted the drink offered to her by Hamilcar. "Blue Hawaiian, hm? I don't think I've ever heard of it before," she mused. "Good choice. I swore I'd tried every drink under the sun." Except this one. Even if the taste ended up not being up to par, she could at least appreciate the beauty of the drink. She took a moment to stare at it, to take it in visually, before she took a slow, hesitant sip of it. And, before she knew it, she took a few more. "It's sweet," she told him, running her tongue over her lips. She twirled a strand of hair around her finger, unable to help let slip giggle at the words which followed. "Like you. Oh, but don't look down on me any for saying such a cheesy thing." If she was going to flirt with a man, then she was dang well going to have fun while doing it.

With a smile, she stood from the stool and grabbed the man's hand again and stared up at him, her drink in her free hand. "Let's go sit back down for now. But... hmm... I want to dance with you once we finish these," she told him, her eyes flicking between their glasses.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

[11]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/23/2014 4:36 PM

Being nearly immortal, this wasn't the first time Hamilcar had had to order a drink for a lady. The thing was that he honestly didn't pay attention to the drinks the girls ordered; sometimes the girl didn't drink anything at all, preferring something not alcoholic. He stuck to the same drinks, as well, so all things considered, his knowledge was surprisingly limited.

One would also wonder why a vampire even bothered to drink alcohol, if their kind favored blood to survive. Although drinking alcohol wouldn't prevent him from craving blood, his body did feel the effects of the alcohol. In his case, that was what he needed, and no blood could do that.

He sat down on a stool, one hand over his drink, as he quietly watched Imogen take a sip. And then a few more, and the woman sounded satisfied with his choice. He was relieved, really; it wasn't his fault if a girl didn't like a drink he'd picked, but still, he didn't like to hear that they hadn't enjoyed the pick. "Glad to hear it," he said with a smile, drinking his own glass as Imogen took in the taste of her own.

Her comment just about went over his head, if only because he'd heard it from other girls before; so he didn't think anything of it much. He did chuckle, though, smiling a mouthful of teeth. "Better sweet than annoying, if I can say so myself." Or even creepy. Some girls didn't like the whole vampire story, and others felt like his kindness had something behind it. He would take nice compliments over everything else.

He let go of his drink when Imogen stood up to take his hand, and he blinked when she said that she wanted to dance once they were done drinking these. "Dance?" he echoed passively, and his mind went right to his parents again. "I'm surprised how many times my father's dancing lessons have come in handy," he joked, chuckling a little; and imagining his dad's ears burning from a few miles away. His mom didn't so much like dancing, but Hamilcar and his siblings had all been dragged into learning how to dance by their father. Oh, they had been fun lessons, but he'd never imagined that so many girls would ask for a dance; or how many would be touched by him suggesting that they dance.

"If you do insist, though, I'd be happy to share a dance with you," he added, getting up from the stool so they could head back to their table first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[11]

Postby Atoli01 » 12/24/2014 11:06 PM

"Far from annoying," she commented with a chuckle. "If you were annoying, I'd have been long gone. Or rude, disgusting, creepy, unattractive... You know, anything undesirable." In all fairness, she gave most men a fighting chance, or at least an opportunity to redeem themselves. On the other hand, she wasn't one to sugarcoat things either. If she was having a less than pleasing time, then she would make damn sure that it was known. There would always be other fish out there in the sea. She had no obligation to waste her time with any one of them.

She had to say that this fish in particular however was, at the very least, above average. A grin flashed across Imogen's face upon hearing the phrase "dancing lessons". "So can I safely guess that you won't have two left feet?" she asked. Oh, some of the dances she had participated in had been disastrous at best. Even when leading the dance-- a role unsuited for a proper lady, she figured-- there were some men who, she swore, couldn't tell the difference between their right foot and their left arm.

She allowed herself another quick sip of her drink before Hamilcar led her back to their table. Her hand left his as they reached their destination, and she had to suppress a frown at the loss of contact. The fact that she was promised a dance following their drinks seemed to be her only solace as she took a seat. "Hmm... so how about question number two? What sorts of things do you like doing? You know, hobbies," she asked as she directed her attention to him.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous