Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 12:48 PM

Ashi shrugged.  "Because at the time, she thought that no one would want to fight him.  Yet he almost died, and now, she wants him home; mostly to avoid the fury of his mate should he not be so lucky next time." Ashi said, shrugging.  "Tali?±a would not allow her daughter, Alexa, to join alongside her, and Ryen was the only other pet even remotely near ready.  Even Yojimbo seemed a bit of a wildcard at first; I was certain his mother, Sam, would be joining us in the war, not him." She said.  And it was probably a mistake that he did join the war. She thought.

{191}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 1:30 PM

"Ah, I see... but then what was the point of him being in the war at all if no one was going to fight him?" asked Kalitia, raising a brow. "Although, by that logic, there's very little reason for Sethor to be in the war, as Senervel's owner refuses to battle with him and no one else dares take on Sethor..."

[[22]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 3:17 PM

"Exactly." Ashi said, a paw coming down on the table lightly.  "Tali barely got the challenge with Senervel in, and I think he might just actually fear the words she said before she fell to him; that Sethor would find him and get his revenge." She continued, shaking her head.  "Ryen had strength, he had endurance, intelligence, and the desire to explore.  So did Tali?±a." She said.  "As for why they remain when they could come home and let the weaker set the quo, I'll never understand.  Must be something to do with honor." She said.

{192}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 4:21 PM

"Mmm, well... honour, and the hope that someday the battles won't be by challenge only... and when the war disintegrates into a proper invasion, refusing to fight won't be an option." said Kalitia, crocadile smile crossing her face. Who on earth slammed their fist on a table lightly??

[[23]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 4:43 PM

Ashi nodded.  "Indeed.  I fear that day may come all too soon for our brave warriors out there... But now that I think on it, I know not why I chose to side with the Imperials.  It's all so confusing now... it seems like I should have sided with... say, the Purines.  Or just not have engaged at all." She said.  "And yet... I know that my allegiance is forever Imperial at the same time..." She added.

{193]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 5:01 PM

Kalitia's mind drifted to the deepest secret she knew about Yojimbo. She wasn't sure how she knew it- she'd heard him saying it to the goddess, but he had been thinking. It was some kind of odd telepathic thing- and it had only happened that one time. She figured it had to be the goddess relaying it. But he'd been praying and revealed the real reason he was in the war- killing the imperial leader. So he wasn't happy with the imperial side either.

"Hmm. Well, you are sitting in a cafe in Purine lands, aren't you?" her eyes twinkled. "Saying you have an allegiance to Imperials will probably get you killed if you keep saying it in public." as she said this, she calmly picked up her empty mug and tossed it past Ashilata's head, nailing the purine that had been about to attack her. "I suggest we leave. Check please!"

[[24]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 5:13 PM

Ashi's eyes widened as the mug flew towards her, and she ducked just in time to see the Purine Fenling get hit by the mug.  A waiter ran over to their table and left a tiny slip of paper there.  Ashi examined it, set out a few keystones, and then, without waiting for Kalitia's response, she said, "Let's get the heck out of here.  I really need to watch my mouth..." She mumbled as she ran for the door.

The Fenling lay on the ground, slightly dazed now.  "Good Gods, that girl has an aim to kill..." She muttered as she stood up, moving for the door herself.

{194}{1}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 6:44 PM

Kalitia blew the waiter a kiss before casually strolling after Ashi. She could defend herself well enough if she got attacked, and had no qualms about doing it. Noting the purine Fenling was running for the door too, she sighed and sped up slightly. A woman's work was never done, as they say. Honestly, Ashi should have known better. Silly girl.

[[25]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 7:07 PM

Ashi also noted the Fenling, but felt a curious aura surrounding her... like the aura that surrounded all of Fire's pets.  But no, no pet of Fire's would ever attack one of its other companions over allegiances.  She turned and followed after Kalitia, her speed slightly more impressive than the Elder's because of her training.

"Okay, now that we've sorta ditched that Fenling, where do you suggest we go?" She asked, looking around.  The Fenling shakily got to her feet, brushing off her fur.  "Okay.  Time to teach Ashi a lesson or two..." She said, moving slowly towards the door so as to not be seen.

{195}{2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 7:37 PM

Kalitia rolled her eyes as she walked. "I'm not sure. Where can we go where you won't put yourself into mortal danger?" she asked, glancing behind her. Now she was stuck with this dead end girl and supposed to save her from... whatever trouble she got herself into. Oh well. She'd get away as soon as she could and go back to gathering useful information on Yojimbo.

[[26]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 7:49 PM

Ashi shrugged.  "How about... er... well.  I don't know this city, like at all." She said.  Note to self.  Like... watch what you say around here. She thought.  After a few minutes, she whirled around, as though she saw something.  "I think this Fenling won't give up.  Where do you think we should go?" She asked.

The Fenling was indeed still following them, but was moving slowly.  She was going to find out what it was about Ashi that made her such an Imperialist.  She knew her entire house were Imperials, but she would stand by her colors.

{196}{3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 7:58 PM

Kalitia rubbed her temples. Ashilata, dear, couldn't you maybe put two and two together? "Where did this we come from, all of a sudden?" she asked, frowning. "You seem to be a rather dangerous friend to have at the moment. And I haven't really made a habit of exploring this area, what with the war going on..." Do I really have to spell it out? Let's LEAVE THE CITY.

[[27]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2008 8:07 PM

Ashi did take the hint, she was jsut curious to know if Kalitia knew of anywhere else.  "Well then." She said, looking around.  "Why don't we just go to some place in Lambastia... like, oh I don't know...Why don't we just get out of here first?" She asked,

Wise idea, foolish Trikuhna. The Fenling thought, watching them closely.  She would follow them through this city, through all of Evelon if she had to.

{197}{4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 01/03/2008 11:10 PM

Kalitia nodded. "Good idea. Let's go." And as soon as you get out the city limits, I'll be leaving. Soon enough, Kalitia found a way out. Before she ran off, though, she turned to Ashilata and smiled. "Thanks for all your help." cough none cough"I'll make sure to talk to Kendoras for you. He'll see you within the week."

[[28-gone]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/04/2008 10:46 AM

Ashi smiled.  "Thank you, Kalitia." She said, turning and running for the Arena.  At last, things were looking up for her...

...and then, the Fenling, seeing that the Elder had left, pounced out at the Trikuhna.  "Who are you to speak your alliances so freely, Trikuhna?" She hissed, holding her down firmly.  Ashilata blinked, and then, she said, "For one from my mistress' home, you sure are standing by your colors."

"Do not speak of our 'mistress' to me!  She's a traitor!  All for her precious baby's mate!" The Fenling growled, letting the Trik sit up.  Ashilata shook her head.  "That was Tali's decision.  Fire jsut went along with it." She said, turning and running.  "But I'm warning you, Purina... do something this foolish in her presence, and you'll be sorry."

The Fenling's ears lowered as she followed the Trik begrudgingly.

{198}{5}[[Both have left]]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous