Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Curious Case of Amara Lynn Cupids

Postby amanda784 » 08/16/2015 2:10 AM

Amara stared hard into the distance. What would she wish for if she had on wish.

"I'd want to have a way to make people happy. A way to help them find what makes them happy," said Amara.

"Hmm," said Delilah. "That's a good one. It sounds like you want to help others find love. Soo you want to be a cupid."

"What's a cupid?" asked Amara.

"Well a cupid is someone who gives other people a desire for love," said Delilah.

"Yeah, well I wish I was a cupid," said Amara.

Delilah was shocked as Amara's pelt began to sparkle. Then the hearts on her tails lit up.

"Oh Amara!" yelled Delilah, but just as she did it all stopped. "What was that?"

"Mommy, the pretty butterfly made my tummy tingle," answered Amara.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 08/16/2015 2:46 AM

A little over an hour later they all found themselves at Dr. Goodrich's office.

"Well," said Dr. Goodrich, "she seems perfectly healthy. Now what did this butterfly look like again?"

"I'm not sure..." said Delilah. "Honey, what did the butterfly look like?"

"It was pink and pretty," said Amara.

"Did it look sparkly, little Amara?" asked Dr. Goodrich.

"Oh yes," said Amara, "very sparkly!"

"Is that bad?" asked Delilah.

"No, no," said Dr. Goodrich, in thought, "You say Amara sparkled? And lit...lit up?"

Delilah nodded.

"I've never seen anything like this, but there is a legend..." said Dr. Goodrich.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 08/18/2015 5:52 PM

Dr. Goodrich searched through his medical scrolls, finally settling on one and handing it to Delilah.

"Dr. Goodrich, please report to the conference room," buzzed over the Intercom.

"Dang it!" said Dr. Goodrich, "I'm late for yet another meeting! Feel free to read that scroll, take it home, or whatever."

With that, Dr. Goodrich was out of the examining room and on his way to the conference room.

Delilah rolled the scroll in her paw. This one wasn't exactly like all the other scrolls. This particular scroll looked older to then the others and on it was written:

The Sparkle Berry Butterfly- Pink with shimmers on wings - grants a single wish when eaten
The Fanged Serpent -Neon Green with long fangs - emits a deadly acid from the fangs

The list went on about strange creatures that do strange things and had strange pictures next to each description. Delilah held the scroll up to Amara.

"Amara honey," said Delilah, "is that the butterfly you ate?"

"Yes mommy," said Amara, clearly still upset from the incident.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 08/19/2015 8:04 PM

A million thoughts ran through Delilah's head when the got home; such as: Was this really happening? and What would Amara wish for? Delilah was smart enough to know that strange things did happen in the lands of evelon and it was entirely possible to swallow a magic butterfly.

Amara on the other hand, was busy feeding Laura some fresh clover from the garden. For each clover stalk Amara required a trick.

"Rollover Laura!" she yelled.

The Leplora did as told and was rewarded with clover as Amara laughed with Delight.

"Uhm, Amara..." said Delilah, "You suppose you could do mommy a favor?"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 08/20/2015 6:09 PM

Delilah patted the seat next to her and smiled at Amara. Amara slowly walked over and sat down next to her mom.

"Am I in trouble mommy?" asked Amara, worried.

"Why of course not Amara," said Delilah. "You see I was just wondering if we could play a game. That's it! Lets play a word game where you repeat after mommy. Okay?"

Amara giggled with delight, "sure mom!"

"Okay," said Delilah, "Repeat this: I wish for unlimited key stones for me and mommy."

Amara repeated after Delilah.

Delilah was a little shocked when nothing happened. Had it worked? Did they now have unlimited key stones?

"This game isn't nearly as fun as the wish game!" said Amara.

It hit Delilah like a train. Amara had already made her wish. Amara had already wished...to be a...a cupid.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 08/26/2015 5:17 PM

From there, Amara's life turned for the worse. It seemed Amara could cause just about any man to fall to in love her.Delilah worked hard to keep Amara away from all males even after Amara came of age. Delilah believed Amara had an unfair advantage over the world. In all reality she was hot with jealousy.

Amara on the other hand would work harder to gain Delilah's attention. She would use her beauty to gain things for her mother in an attempt to gain her mother's praise. Amara would never realizing that by doing this she made her mother even more jealous.

Laura the Leplora managed to do all right though. She still sleeps on the same carpet and follows both girls around.

((And soon to start THE DOWNFALL OF AMARA roleplay))
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous