Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

[RE2] On Halloween Night [Self; HUNT]

Postby Remedy » 10/14/2015 5:25 PM

Borden

The evening air was glimmering with light; every homestead in the city brandished blazing jack-o-lanterns and lit porch lights. The streets were only somewhat populated by this point, for the sun had not yet set. This time of Halloween was commandeered by tired mothers with rambunctious children, eager to get their trick-or-treating over and done with before bedtime.

Apart from the busy parents and tots dressed up in store-bought costumes, one figure walked down the streets, booted feet sloshing in the post-rainwater that lined the gutters. The fully grown man received plenty of strange looks for his odd behavior and appearance, but considerably less so than on a normal day.

"Mommy, what's that?" a bumble-bee asked his mother, pointing accusingly at the man in the gutter.
"That's a halloween scary-man," she replied, "he's out early, but they can't get you until after dark! And if we're home by then, we'll be safe."

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

[1.2][1.1]

Postby Remedy » 10/14/2015 5:39 PM

The woman's scare tactic to hurry her child along worked somewhat. The bumble-bee buzzed down the sidewalk at a slightly faster pace, eyes still lingering suspiciously on the sloshing scary-man. The man did not notice, but continued his slow and steady journey through the water. He seemed to be enjoying himself, like a child playing in puddles. The mother, noticing this, took her child's hand and hurried him along.

Erela

Strangely, a lone child came meandering down the sidewalk not long after. Armed with a candy-corn goodie bag and decorated in a obviously homemade angel costume, the young girl moved with an air of determination. She was older than most kids around - probably about nine or ten.

The costume she wore consisted of a white t-shirt and blue jeans, raggedy sneakers, horribly cut-out cardboard wings, and a flimsy halo made of yellow pipe-cleaners. The entire ensemble was clearly half-assed, though that did not deter the air of confidence upheld by the young girl.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate