Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Smelling of Roses [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:12 PM

The next day, Ren woke up early with the intention of preparing a good breakfast for his sons. Despite the emotional upheaval of the previous day, he was chipper and looking forward to the day, for his first stock delivery would be arriving that afternoon.

He made pancakes, and as the triplets filtered in - Yuram first - he hummed to himself. He planned to make it up to Corthrim with his favourite cinnamon toast, and candied bacon pancakes. Plating up, he removed the apron from around his waist and went to call on his eldest son.

R26 V10 Ca7 Y6 Co20
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2061
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:14 PM

Ren knocked on the door, making sure his voice was cheery as he called out "Corthrim! Breakfast is ready!"

The door remained closed, and no eldest son appeared.

Ren tried again; "Corthrim! I made your favourite! Cinnamon toast, and candied bacon pancakes!"

Still the door remained closed. When Ren knocked a third time, and received no answer, he began to worry.

R27 V10 Ca7 Y6 Co20
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:16 PM

Ren chastised himself for hurting his eldest son the day before. He regretted being so cold, and he certainly regretted not returning to the rooftop afterwards. He sighed, and then fixed a smile on his face. He resolved himself to going into the room to confront his melancholy eldest. He hoped he would be able to pull him up out of whatever emotional state he had put him into.

R28 V10 Ca7 Y6 Co20

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:21 PM

As he opened the door, Ren got the shock of his life. There was no sign of Corthrim - the bed was neatly made, everything was put away tidily, and his boots were nowhere to be found. There on the pillow lay a note, and Ren trembled as he walked towards it and picked it up. He began to frown as he read it, and had to sit down on the bed in shock.

Corthrim wrote:Dear Father,
By the time you read this I will have gone. I am sorry, for I know you do not approve of my choices, but there is no other life I wish to lead.
I will miss you and the triplets. You are my family, even if I am not yours, and I will miss being at home with you.
I promise I'll make you proud, Dad.

-Corthrim.

R29 V10 Ca7 Y6 Co20

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:24 PM

Ren was overcome by a wave of guilt as he remembered what he had said to his son the night before. He wept bitter tears, holding onto the note as if it would bring his boy back home.

Yuram poked his head in through the door. He was wondering what was taking Father and Corthrim so long to come to the table. The other two had already finished eating and were busy doing the dishes, whilst their plates remained untouched.

R30 V10 Ca7 Y7 Co20

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:47 PM

"Father, what's wrong?" asked Yuram cautiously. He had never seen his father cry before, at least, not since the loss of Uncle Roger a few years prior. "Where's Corthrim?" he asked, looking at the too-neat room and the neatly-made bed where his sobbing father was sitting. Corthrim never made his bed unless forced to, and even then it looked like he'd been sleeping on it. This was too neat, too tidy, and it made him nervous.

R31 V10 Ca7 Y8 Co20

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:49 PM

Viram and Caram soon followed their youngest brother into Corthrim's room of less than a week, confused at their father's sorrow and Corthrim's absence. Eventually, Ren got himself under control enough to speak.

"Your brother has gone to chase a career in the army" he explained. "He left without telling us because he didn't want to disappoint us, or make us sad."

Viram and Caram finished reading the note, and handed it back to Ren as Yuram began to cry.

R32 V11 Ca8 Y9 Co20

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:52 PM

As Yuram began to sob, Viram - eldest of the triplets - looked at his father in confusion.

"What did he mean by 'I'll make you proud'?" he asked with a frown.

Ren smiled a bittersweet smile. "Last night, we had a disagreement... I guess he feels as though I am not proud of him, because I did not agree with what he was saying. Silly boy; he made me proud simply by being my son - you all do."

R33 V12 Ca8 Y10 Co20

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/05/2016 1:56 PM

Ren stood, and began to usher the triplets out of the room. "We'll leave everything as it is" he said to them, as he closed the door.

"That way it'll be ready for when he comes home" said Yuram through a watery smile. "Indeed" agreed Ren, his eyes tearing up. He hoped against hope that his son would be safe, and that he'd see him home soon.

R34 V12 Ca8 Y11 Co20

End

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous