Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

A lot to explain (P, Mousen and I, mild L)

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/10/2016 2:23 AM

(seriously, kill me now. i cant for the life of me come up tith tites :()

Alice

Ava

The air was so dusty that one could cut it. The flecks dancing almost innocently in the lght of her flashslight, that was sporadically and nervously bouncing from concrete walls, and revealing pats of her surroundings.a dripping pipe setting the soundtrack to what seemed to be catacombs of some sort, and with holes big enough to crawl through. There was no escape in sight however, and her pulse quickened. It was way to risky to even set foot in this place...but yet, she needed to know. Suddently, something was mixing into the dripping noise, something she could not quite place. Rounding a corner, the girl sucked in the air sharply. "There you a-" and then a horror beyond comparrison appeared behind her, grabbing her and...
---------------------------------------------
" Oh sonofa..." Alice cursed loudly, watching the player character of hers kicking and screaming while being dragged away into the darkness. She almost dropped her controller out of shock, her voice sounding nowhere as tough as she wanted it to sound, more like that of a schoolgirl.
Ava next to her was practically choking on her laughter. It resulted in Alice boxing her playfully in the shoulder, only causing an other fit of giggeling by her friend, and for the bag of chips almost falling out of the young womans hand "ow....man...you face" Ava gasped, before wiping away some laughing tears.
"you really suck at this, dont you" "psssht" Alice grinned, her heart still racing. "I dont get why she would go there anyway. I mean come on. whats with horror characters in games and movies splitting up, or 'investigating that stange noise' like, seriously. what did she expect? with her knowing of the thing none the less..." Ava stretched, still smiling. "I dunno man.  wouldnt you want to know what goes bump in the night if you where alone in your home? you know...better surprise whatever is rather then it surprising you?" Alice shrugged. "Nah, I'd call the Ghostbusters". She rose up from the far too comfortable sofa, and made her way towards the kitchen. "You want something else to drink?" she called over her shoulder, while investigating the content of her parents fridge. Both Alice and Ava had holidays from College, and where at their parents. The two young women practically grew up together, with their parents living close to eachother and putting them together in the sandbox when they where 4. Ever since, they had a very strong bond.
Maybe the fact that both of them where adopted played into it,Alice mused sometimes. But whatever it was they functioned like sisters. "I'm good!" Ava called back, lounding back and yawning.

They crashed at Alices parents house, planning on going to a friends small gettogether/mini houseparty later that evening. It was barely 5 or so however, so hey decidet to waste some time playing videogames. A friend of theirs, Daniel, promised to call them and tell them wether or not he could pick them up with his car. Avas phone vibrated. "finally" she groaned, unlocking it and staring at the name on her screen, above the text message she recieved. Her stomach turned.

Leanis

Leanis watched stormclouds forming while standing in the entrance of a hotel. The air had a strange, peach colored tint to it, making the big, looming clouds look even more surreal. Leanis sighed deeply, staring at her phone, unsure of how to even start this message.  She had agreed to meet Terry here, planning their stragedy and then going for picking up Alice and Ava. Years ago, she agreed with Ava to send her a text if, to quote the much younger angel 'shit was going to hit the fan'.  It was a way to let Ava prepare the very hard news to Alice, about...pretty much everything not being the way she thoight they where and Demons being pretty much hunting for her now. Oh. and that she was one too. well. partly. that was fun news np doubt. So yes, a text was better for Ava to prepare what to say, No doubt.

Ava. Neth is closing in. We need to move Alice and we need to move her now. I will come over and pick you up as soon as I meet up and plan things out with Terry, who will help us. I know this is crazy fast, I will explain more later. I am sorry. Will give you a call when we are ready to go, and tell you where to meet.
Leanis

a soft swooshing sound signified that her message was sent.
The text read cold and military to her. But she was not going to waste time to write purple prose in a textmessage to soften the blow. Poor Ava, she defenetly was not expecting things to happen so quickly.
well neither did she, if she was honest.
The angel lifted her eyes from her phone and proceeded to watch the street like a hawk, waiting for Terry to arrive.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: A lot to explain (P, Mousen and I, mild L)

Postby Mousen » 07/10/2016 11:24 AM

Terry had been around this city enough times to know it like the back of her hand. It didn't take her long at all to drive around to a small car park near the hotel and park her car there. By some miracle, a parking ticket with a few hours left had been left in the machine. Terry cast a brief glance upwards, nothing happened, she shrugged and walked back to her car. Hey, maybe they liked her after all. (Or maybe Marlowe's nervousness was manifesting in small miracles again.)

She walked round to the hotel, not quite sure who she was looking for. Cyril had been somewhat lacking in details over the phone. She knew she was looking for an angel, where that angel would be and why. His description of said angel had been somewhat lacking, but hey, at least she'd been given a name. Hopefully Marlowe had given Leanis an idea of what to look for. Terry was about to give up her search and wait for Leanis to find her when she caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of her eye, more of a gut instinct than anything else. Like her, they seemed to be watching the street. Terry didn't meet her eyes, instead waiting until she got closer. Certainly she didn't want to make a scene.

"Leanis?" She ventured. Terry was, on first glance, a little strange for angel, dressed in ripped jeans and an old leather jacket. "I'm Terry," she said, introducing herself.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/14/2016 3:42 PM

Alice strolled back in to the room with a can of root beer, waiting for a mildly disgusted remark
from Ava, questioning her descision to voluntarily chug 'acidic toothpaste water'. but none came.
With a sigh, Alice plopped down on the sofa, tilting her head to her friend who was still transfixed on
her phone. The girl furrowed her brow. Ava looked absolutely shockshelled. "Ava...hey. Is something wrong?" she asked carefully. She rarely saw her friend in such a state, and it scared her. "I..." Avas voice seemed scratchier then usual. She blinked, and turned her face towards Alice slowly. She was at a complete, utter loss on how to tackle this situation. what she was about to reveal would not only sound like a bad joke, it would also potentially break...everything. her trust, her friendship....or maybe it would not. There was no way
to tell how she would react really.
Ava came, in the tiny window of time she had, to the conclusion that there was no way she could possibly tell Alice what the situation was really about. So she opted for the next best thing her brain could come up with.
"Alice...You have to trust me now. and listen closely okay?" Alice shrinked back slightly. Ava either just mastered acting on a incredibly professioal leve, or sometthing very, very bad was going on. "...what?" she jsut asked "You are scaring me Ava, whats wrong?"
Ava looked deep intp her friends eyes, grabbing her hands almost without thinking about it, and squeezing them a little too tight. "I cant even begin to explain evrything right now. I wouldnt even..." she shook her head "All you need to know now is that you are in danger. In like...very big, effed up danger" she blinked. she felt like crying for some reason, most likely because of all of the adrenaine
"I have friends who will come over and pick us up. to take us somewhere safe. But we need to get ready"
//for pete's sake, this was the worst possible way you could have dropped this on her. whats wrong with you??// a innern voice scolded her, while she was waiting for a response.

Leanis looked up at the woman, a smile forming on her lips "Ah, hello Terry" she said, seeming a little surprised. Just as Terry, Leanis had not been sure whom exactly to look for. But that was unimportant now.
If she was honest, of the situation would not have been so dire, this encounter would have been almost awkward. she was glad Terry made the first move. "I'm so sorry to drag you into all of this mess. I wish things where different but..." she trailed off "just know that I do not take this, in any way for granted" she straightened her shoulders slightly "I guess Ciryl has filled you in. I've just texted Ava, she will...try to explain what is going on to Alice. I think we should get moving, maybe scout out the area around her house before we pick them up..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/29/2016 5:57 AM

"Don't worry about it. It's best to just get this over with and get the girl somewhere safe." Terry had realized the stakes when Cyril had called her, this wasn't something you could just ignore. "Yes, he told me everything. Once we collect her we'll take my taxi over to the safe house. If we think we're drawing too much attention Marlowe and Cyril can take cabs to other locations in the city. It should be enough to confuse anyone who's keeping an eye out."

"It'll be difficult for her, poor mite." Terry said, running a hand through her short, dark hair. "Let's hope she takes the news well."

At Leanis's suggestion, Terry nodded. "Sure, let's go. Lead the way, Leanis."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/13/2016 3:40 PM

Alice seemed frozen in place f. The first few seconds she had thought her friend was playing a very, very convincng practical joke on her, but she knew Ava. She knew her like a sitster, and she seemed
abslolutely genuine. The voice in her head that was asking her if she, if this was real, actually knew Ava the way she thought, was silenced quickly. There was a urgency in Ava's voice that made her enxiety rise even higher. "I...Allright. okay. hold on" she said. "Why would there be anyone after me? this doenst make any sense, Ava" Her friend was now almost shaking. Part of the young angel just wanted to grab her and carry her...to wherever, but she would not do that obviously. "I know it doesnt to you. Its..."
she took a deep breath. "Okay. I know I'm going to sound completely insane, but i will try to explain.
The people who are picking us up might take a minute, so I will do my best. but please get moving...pick up some clothes and other stuff, and listen to me closely" Her voice found its strenght back, and she let go of her friends hands to grab her backpack.
As they made their way upstairs, she started her clumsy, very short cut explenation.
"You remember when we talked about...supernatural stuff yesterday, right?" //oh god...clichees...//
"and how There might be more in this world then what meets the eye?" Alice stared at her, still afraid.
"The hell are you talking about?" she asked, her voice squeaky. "I...you...oh f*ck" Ava ran a hand through her hair.
"Alice...we are not Human"
(oh goooooood....so clichee,,,,sorry, my muse is bleh for some reason, it will revieve itself by the next post though...)

Leanis nodded her head, starting down the way towards their destination.
"Its close by. I think so far we kept low enough that there was no suspicion raised. But its a good idea to
split everyone else up, as long as we are not too far apart. " she seemed a little lost in thought at Terry's
last comment. "I hope so too. Ava is her best friend and has been keeping an eye on her for years now.
I think...if anyone has to turn her world upside down, it might be either better or worse if its someone she trusts.." she felt bad for them, Both Alice and Ava. And all though she was not exactly showing it, she was g;ad Terry was with her. That she finally felt like things might not look completely chaotic.
she furrowed her brow. "I just..." she thought out loud, but turning to her new partner. "This whole thing is bothering me. Not sure if you have even heard of Neth but...I know him. well enough. And this whole thing seems so...wrong. like there is more to this. Just...I think we have to be extra carefull. not that I have to tell you that" she smirked sheepishly. hey where quickly approaching their destination, a small, unassuming 2 story house with a small garden, between more houses that looked just the same. Perfectly harmless, perfectly normal. And there was someone else looking for it.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/27/2016 4:29 PM

As they pulled up outside, Terry felt herself become a little nervous. She got out her phone, sending a couple of texts to the others.
Terry: Move about the city. Be obvs but not too obvs.
Cyril: K. M is staying put, just in case.

That was one thing out of the way. She took in the immediate area, there wasn't anything too close that she could sense, a few presences here and there, but everything was dampened down. Terry guessed it must be the presence of whatever it was that was keeping Alice hidden. With any luck it'd be something portable. She wasn't fancying a high-speed chase through the city. Trying to loose the demons so they could loop back around to the safe house was not her idea of a fun evening. "Yeah, I'm also getting the heebie-jeebies. Something feels off."

She glanced at Leanis. "Go and fetch them. I'm going to keep the car running. And hurry. If you need help just scream. I'll be there." Terry smiled and tried to give the impression that she was happy mow down anyone or anything that tried to get in the way.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/14/2017 6:39 PM

Leanis nodded, "Give me five minutes". she hoped that her smile seemed a little more
re assuring then she felt. "Same goes for you. I dont want anyone to get hurt here...if you see something suspicious, call me on he phone, or honk if you have to." she still felt bad enough dragging others into this, the last thing she wanted was Terry getting into more trouble. She quickly sent Ava a message that she was coming in now, and got out of the car.

The buzzing of Avas phone broke the silencem making both of the girls jump. Ava had, to the best of her abilities, tried to explain what was going on to Alice. Which was, given the short time window and exitement, a jumbeled mess of information now swirling in Alices brain, who clearly still tried to figure out if this was really happening, and if Ava had lost her mind. Never the less, she had started throwing stuff into her backpack, silent and confused. Ava pulled out her phone. "Oh...Okay. Okay its Leanis. She's coming to get us out of here. I'm just going to get the door. dont freak." She made her short way to the front door, opening it and shutting it directly behind Leanis.

"Hey..." Ava mumbeled. "Hello. How did things go? " Leanis looked down the hallway, and did not really have to hear the answer to that. Alice carefully peeked at her, looking pale and frightened. "Oh dear"
"I tried. I did my best" Ava started, clearly distraught "Its okay. Ava." the older Angel answered, smiling warmly at Alice. She knew time was of the essence, and she was, if she was honest, not in the mood of taking things slow with a frightened young girl, but scaring her more would only make things more complicated.
"Hi Alice. My name is Leanis. By...the look on your face Ava at least told you a little bit already, right?"
Alice nodded "If you can call the bomb she just dropped a little bit" she answered, sounding hollow.
"all right. we dont really have much time, but let us sit down for a second an let me try to explain a little.
does that sound okay?" Leanis was vagually aware that she sounded like talking to a frightened toddler, but it seemed to do the trick. Alice nodded, and sat herself on the armchair furthest from them, throwing accusing and suspicious glances. "Okay so...first of all. how can I be sure that you are not some...insane cult that tries to kidnap me? because you sure sound like exactly that" //oh boy//
well, under any other circumstances Leanis would have been actually happy that Alice seemed to use her brain and did not blindly follow. but now...

Meanwhile, outside, two things happened. The amtosphere...shifted slightly. It was not as if it was suddently quiet, or the lights dimmed or something as drastic. It was not even like the feeling one got when someone was being watched. It was more like...something searching for something, brushing by the protective area surrounding the house and the taxi, not being able to see anything, but certainly aware that something was going on. Tenser was one way to describe it. whatever it was, it was far from 'knowing' what was happening  maybe it was just allerted by shifts of certain beings and presences. But that ment that who or whatever was alerted was actually paying very close attention to its surroundings.

And then there was the biker. The street had been empty, safe for parked cars, the taxi, and an old woman walking her even older dog. But suddently, there was a biker driving through the street. There was nothing really interisting about him, except for the fact that the motorbike looked  modern and new, with its almost blindingly white paintjob. What was, however, very unnerving was the fact that he, while passing the Taxi, was looking directly at Terry. Not slowing down, not turning to look over his shoulder, just for a brief moment while passing, staring right at her through his mirrored visor, before driving on, taking the next left and dissapearing from view.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate