Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Some Time Away [P. Ari][Quest]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/21/2016 10:25 AM

Tris chuckled. "I'd imagine he is. Then again, thanks to us he found that gang of his. Which is where he's been going when not with you. He sent me a letter recently about it. Sounds like a tough crowd. I don't personally know Jadyr, but I hear he's as hard-nosed as they come. Don't you go getting involved with any of them." He tapped Xo's nose for emphasis. "Anything happens to you, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Softly, he kissed him again, and wrapped an arm around him, holding him close. Tristanis wasn't usually this 'touchy-feely' - but those months in the war had given him a voracious hunger for touch. The war, after all, acted differently on different people. Tris just sort of dealt with it by shutting himself down. It caused stress, heartache, and a sort of place inside him that was devoid of warmth and kindness. War changed people, but it could never fully erase the internal compassion and care that was inherent in Tris' entire being. Even so, being close to Xo'keye... touching him... holding him... It was starting to ease that cold ache. The more it eased, the more he wanted - which was why he was not letting him out of arm's reach.

"Enough about that, though. What have you been doing with yourself? Any new plans or ventures I should know about?"
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/21/2016 10:39 AM

"Wouldn't dream of it," Xo'keye said as Tris tapped his nose.  "I have enough issues dealing with my sister--I trust I don't need to remind you of how she can be.  Her, I'm stuck with--at least, until she's fortunate enough to find someone for herself, like how we found each other.  Admittedly, hers will likely not be on the same level as us, but... you get my meaning."

When he asked what he'd been up to, he chuckled slightly and said, "Aside from doing my best to keep Rayzer busy, I've been keeping tabs on my sister, and trying to find someone for her--I can always hope that finding someone for her might help with her... issues.  So far, I've been largely unsuccessful."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/21/2016 10:56 AM

"I might see what I can arrange. There are a few back at the castle who would relish the chance at a relationship." He tapped Xo's nose again. "But we can worry about that later. I want to enjoy whatever dinner you have planned, and maybe enjoy the bed. If you're agreeable to that particular notion. Not to be crude, but I haven't been laid - let alone exquisitely ravaged - by you in FAR too long. Why don't we continue on with dinner, and... Oh! I almost forgot."

Pausing, he reached into the pocket of his coat, and withdrew a silver medallion on a chain. "I picked this up from another solider. It's a charm of protection - or.. well, meant to be. I can't always be there to make sure you're safe, but if you wear this... it's supposed to help by warding off those who mean you harm. I would be more than relieved if you'd wear it - at least for a while. I've been wracking my brains here and there trying to find you a useful gift out on the battlefield, and I finally settled on this. It's... not much, looks-wise. But I think it does have the power to protect you in my stead."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/21/2016 4:34 PM

"Oh, I'm more than agreeable to that notion," Xo'keye said, pointing to another room that was some ways off from where they were at the present moment.  When Tris pulled out the medallion he took it gently and examined it.  While it was definitely simple in appearance, it was beautiful in its simplicity.  He moved to fasten it around his neck, still looking at it before he looked back to Tris.

~It's beautiful, asi'avi,~ he thought, words leaving him for the moment.  However, before he could give Tris a kiss, the person from before returned, clearing their throat to get Xo and Tris's attention.

"Your entrees," they said simply, indicating the tray with two platters under cloches.  They revealed them both after a few moments, allowing the two to examine the dishes before them.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/21/2016 9:51 PM

Tris' mouth started watering the moment the smell hit his nose. In those covered trays were samplers of... pretty much every kind of food, but his personal favorite - and the one he snagged - was a particularly well-cooked set of gourmet tacos. Call him a simpleton, but there was nothing Tristanis liked better than 'gringo' food, and tacos were right up there with his favorites. He selected a shrimp taco, a veggie taco, and a ground-beef taco, and set about to devouring them. Obviously, he was enjoying the fresh meal, and the company, as he kept turning to feet little morsels to Xo. Not because he needed them - he had his own plate if he so wished - but because it was a special moment between the two of them, and he couldn't help but be a little silly.

Once he'd had his fill of taco, he dug into a plate of nachos, and ate more than few before he started to feel sated. After that, he wanted nothing but to cuddle with Xo. After they cleared all the stuff away - and packaged the leftovers up in the fridge for consumption later - Tris sought out the aforementioned bed, taking Xo by the hand, and leading him toward the generally indicated direction.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous