Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: A Ball Of Fun! [P]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:07 AM

Gabriel didn't even dare to look in the mirror this time. He was already disgusted, and he had only just put it on. He walked out with a gloomy expression, and didn't miss Rheese's hand going to her mouth.

"I am not leaving the shop with this" he declared, as he turned in a circle. "A cupcake is not a fitting costume for anything" he said in his most scathing tone.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:10 AM

Rheese agreed with him, but closed her eyes as Lloyd's voice rang out from his cubicle. "Why ever not, dear Gabriel; it might even fix your bitterness" he teased.

Gabriel huffed, and looked at Rheese who shooed him back into his cubicle. "Be quiet, Lloyd, or I will choose your costume for you - and you won't have a say in it. She knew how to make him shut up - he was far too vain to even contemplate wearing something less than fabulous.

[32]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:14 AM

Gabriel picked up the next outfit with surprise. He didn't think this one would look too bad, though it probably wasn't something he'd wear normally.

A black Leather jacket, white shirt, black leather trousers, and punky accessories which included fake piercings - he wasn't even sure where they were supposed to go!

"Rheese" he called out as he stepped forwards, holding the curtain aside carefully so as not to catch it on the spikes and studs which now covered him. "What do you think?" he asked, as he came to a stop in front of her and turned in a circle.

[33]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:16 AM

"That actually looks quite good on you" Rheese said, eyeing the spikes with interest. "Do you have any more costumes to try on?" she asked, pleasantly.

"I'm afraid not" came the reply; this was the last costume in his pile. "Why? Do you not like it?" he asked, feeling a little self conscious.

"I like the wizard and pirate ones more," she said honestly, "but it's not bad - third of my top three; which one would you prefer wearing?"

[34]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:19 AM

"I don't know" he replied, sounding puzzled. "I like the way this feels, but the wizard one is more comfortable" he said, turning to face her.

Rheese nodded; "You'll be at a ball with a fair amount of people around" she reminded him.

Gabriel winced; he'd forgotten about that, but the jacket was making him want to be brave. Well - not brave exactly, but not hide away in a corner for once.

[35]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:21 AM

"I'd like to try wearing this one" he said, nodding at her. Rheese tilted her head, before asking if he was sure.

"Yes, I'm sure - it makes me feel daring" he said, quirking a rare smile. Rheese was shocked; if this was what it took to bring him out of his shell, he should wear the jacket all year round! She smiled at him, and told him to set it aside and get changed back into his own clothes.

[36]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:24 AM

Lloyd was pouting; Gabriel had already picked out his costume, and here he was with a pile still to try on. "Rheese" he whined, stepping out in a black ballerina tutu, "This one's too tight - I can't get the corset closed".

Rheese closed her eyes and counted to ten, whilst an amused Gabriel turned to look at the pouting primadonna. "Just - no, Lloyd, take that off; hurry up, I want to see the next one" she said. Lloyd stuck his tongue out and pirouetted back into the changing cubicle, nearly getting stuck in the door due to the absurd tutu skirt.

[37]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:39 AM

Lloyd next emerged in something that wouldn't have looked out of place in a 1920s gangster movie. "What do you think?" he asked, opening the trench coat to reveal the pinstripe three-piece suit beneath.

"I actually quite like it, though you'll need a cigar prop to go with it" she said, impressed. He grinned, and waltzed back into his cubicle. "I'll put it with the mage outfit, then - the second of my top three" he called out as he began to undress.

[38]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 8:42 AM

The next two costumes were absolute disasters. Rheese groaned as Lloyd practically threw a tantrum, complaining about how he couldn't get the feathers to lie correctly on his feathered corset dancing girl outfit. Then, to make matters even worse, the zip got stuck on the ice-cream cone costume - making it necessary for Gabriel to extract him from it. He grumbled, but Gabriel got the zip down eventually.

Rheese was starting to lose hope; maybe he would have to pick between the two he already had?

[39]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:18 AM

"I've got it!" shouted out Lloyd from behind the curtain. Rheese gasped; his shout had made her jump!

"What have you got?" she called out, his gleeful tone making her wary. The only other costumes he had been so enthusiastic about were unsuitable for virtually anything, let alone a Halloween ball.

"Don't worry, you'll like it" Lloyd called out, sensing Rheese's discomfort. Unfortunately, this was precisely the wrong thing to say as it only made her more nervous!

[40]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:26 AM

Her worry turned out to be unfounded, however, when Lloyd stepped out in the most authentic Circus Ringleader outfit Rheese had ever seen - complete with ruby-red coat and a large black top hat. He even had a false moustache which curled away from his face magnificently!

"Oh Lloyd, it's perfect!" she clapped excitedly; at last, he had found the perfect outfit!

Lloyd gave a twirl so they could see all of the gold embellishments on the outfit. "I really love it! I'll be the main attraction to your ball, Rheese!" he said, giggling happily.

[41]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:31 AM

Gabriel watched Lloyd's excited antics, and shook his head at the pun. "Let's hope he doesn't turn your ball into too much of a circus" he whispered to Rheese, and she giggled.

Lloyd was too busy twirling and gesturing around flamboyantly to pay attention to their whispers. This costume was a real show-stealer, he thought; he'd be the life of the party!

"I'm sure you will" agreed Rheese warmly; "now go and get changed so we can pay for it!" she commanded.

[42]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 6:19 AM

As Lloyd skipped over to the cubicle, Gabriel leaned in closer to Rheese so that they wouldn't be overheard.

"Please don't tell him about my costume - I'd like to surprise him on the night" he said. Rheese nodded in understanding; unbeknownst to him, she had never intended on revealing his costume anyway. It was a quite daring outfit, and if Lloyd knew about it he'd tease Gabriel so much he wouldn't wear it, and that was the last thing she wanted. She had high hopes for this ball, and seeing the mood the costume had put him in made her smile.

[43]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 6:21 AM

"Finished!" called Lloyd, sashaying out of the changing room with his costume draped over his arm. He was still wearing the top hat and moustache, and carried the cane in his free hand.

Rheese sighed, then cringed when she saw the state of the changing room. "Lloyd!" she screeched, bringing him to an abrupt halt. "Go back in there right now, and tidy that mess up - put the costumes away properly, at least!" she yelled, pointing at the cubicle.

[44]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 6:23 AM

Lloyd pouted at her, in response to her command. "But Rheese" he whined, "I was just so excited, and they take such a long time to sort out."

"Rheese folded her arms and glared at him. "Well then, you'd better get started because I'm not paying for your outfit until the others are hung up properly in their places" she said, resolute.

"Fine, but at least hold it for me whilst I'm in there" he said, sulking.

[45]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext