Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: A Ball Of Fun! [P]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:53 PM

"It's Lloyd, we should have expected it" said Gabriel, coming down from the emotional high he had been on. He sighed; "Especially after being locked up all evening - his pride would have been badly wounded."

Rheese snorted ungraciously into her drink. "He deserved it, for being nasty" she said, giving him a look. "There was no call for the things he said to you" she murmured, shaking her head.

[76]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2166
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:56 PM

Gabriel shrugged, and sipped his drink; "Thank you, by the way" he said, looking at her over the rim of his glass.

"For what?" inquired Rheese, intrigued; she couldn't think of anything she had done for him that was out of the ordinary.

"For sticking with me all night, for buying this costume and convincing me to keep it on, for making me attend - for all of it" he said with a smile. "I've really enjoyed myself tonight"; he grinned at her, and she returned it. "It has been my pleasure" she said with a giggle, raising her glass to toast to him.

[77]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:25 PM

Gabriel smiled, and matched her toast, raising his glass high in the air. "To Fun and Festivities" he cheered, before taking a drink. Rheese echoed likewise, and the empty hall rang with their cheers and laughter. Eventually, however, the punch was finished, and it was time for bed. As Rheese wished Gabriel goodnight, her heart cheered, for her ball had been a success.

[78]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:28 PM

Down the hall went Gabriel, smiling and wobbling merrily. He was, for once, entirely happy, with no negative feelings whatsoever. He had enjoyed himself immensely, despite the altercation with Lloyd, and he couldn't thank Rheese enough. As he unlocked his door, he grinned, thinking that he wouldn't be opposed to her throwing more of these things. He wouldn't mind, that is, as long as he got to wear leather!

[79]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:32 PM

Elsewhere, a very angry Lloyd was busily shredding his costume, for he had no more need of it and couldn't stand to see the irksome thing. He was in a foul mood after being banished from the ball, and he detested missing out. He vowed to himself that he would get even next time - with even bigger pranks!

Rheese just sighed and shook her head, turning away from where she could hear his raging through the wall. She held no sympathy, for he had brought it upon himself; she tried very hard not to connect the goings-on that night to his original death tale.

[80]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:35 PM

The next morning, everything was peaceful in the Manor. Rheese awoke to the silent household, and sat for a while, puzzled. She got dressed and went to knock on both Lloyd and Gabriel's doors.

Lloyd didn't answer, but his door was unlocked - she assumed the maid had unlocked it, thinking he was no longer in there. She peeked in to see him sleeping on the ragged remains of his costume from the night before.

[81]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:38 PM

She sighed, and closed the door carefully, so as not to wake him. Proceeding down the hall, she came up to Gabriel's door, and was about to knock when it opened.

"Good morning" she said, smiling; there was a warm feeling where her heart used to be. "Good morning" he replied, a little sleepily; his eyes were only half-open, and he hurriedly stifled a yawn. He had only woken up a short while ago and was feeling a little worn out after the excitement of the day before.

[82]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:42 PM

Rheese's smile grew wider at the sight of half-asleep Gabriel. "Would you like some breakfast?" she asked, gesturing down the hall to the dining room. Gabriel nodded, and Rheese smiled again; "I'll have the cook whip something up for us - what would you like?" she asked.

Gabriel yawned again, covering it with his hand just in time. "I don't suppose we can have pancakes?" he said, still sleepy but slightly more awake now that he was out of his chambers.

[83]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:45 PM

Rheese patted him on the arm gently; Gabriel would always ask for pancakes the morning after a social event, and she found it very endearing. "Of course we can!" she said, looping her arm through his and leading him to the dining room. Gabriel just smiled a lop-sided grin and let her; he knew better than to resist. He may not be morose at the moment, but he was still a zombunny. He didn't really want her taking his arm to breakfast without the rest of him.

[84]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:50 PM

They were soon served plates piled high with pancakes, and a selection of toppings. Gabriel always applied butter and syrup, and Rheese would pile hers with chocolate chip ice-cream. Today, however, they were interrupted - it seemed Lloyd had finally awoken, and he wasn't pleased to be left out.

"Do sit down, the waiter will bring your plate in a moment" Rheese stated coolly, cutting off his rant. Lloyd looked at her aghast, as he sat down out of pure shock; he had always thought he was her favourite - what had happened?

[85]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:52 PM

Breakfast continued, silently, with Lloyd sulking and Rheese and Gabriel ignoring him. They weren't trying to be mean, but they had dealt with his tantrums too many times to be worried. Eventually, he would give in and stop sulking, as he couldn't bear to go too long without them paying attention to him.

Rheese smiled as Lloyd began to chatter to them as usual. She had kept count in her head, and took satisfaction from knowing she had correctly guessed the number she'd get to before he cracked.

[86]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:55 PM

As they strolled through the hallways towards the conservatory, Rheese watched her boys. Lloyd was back to his excited spotlight-hogging self, and Gabriel was quiet - though not as morose as he usually was. He even flashed her a smile when he though Lloyd wasn't looking.

Rheese was trying to figure out what was different about him, until it hit her like a ton of bricks. She couldn't believe it, but he was wearing the leather trousers from the night before!

[87]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 4:58 PM

Gabriel caught her looking at him in shock, and he glanced at his trousers and winked. Rheese was delighted; clearly, the leather gave him a mood and confidence boost he had badly needed. She grinned and followed her boys into the conservatory, sure that all was right with the world. She really hoped he wore those trousers more often - and it wouldn't hurt to wear the jacket, either, she thought. In fact, she thought to herself, he should wear the entire outfit as often as possible for maximum benefit - and she smiled to herself as she began to plan her next ball.

[88]

Finished

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous