Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: A Ball Of Fun! [P]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 7:17 AM

Gabriel reluctantly followed Rheese to the door, where they would greet the guests and usher them into the ballroom. He knew she only wanted to help him regain his earlier confidence, but that had fizzled out with Lloyd's outburst. He took a sip of the drink in his hand, and was rewarded by his favourite flavours - mint and cranberry. He looked at her, surprised, but she only smiled; he couldn't remember ever telling her about his flavour preferences, and yet here they were. He took another sip, and smiled shyly at her over the rim of his glass.

[61]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2161
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 7:30 AM

As the guests arrived and greeted them both warmly, Gabriel began to feel more comfortable in his costume. True to what she had said, nobody laughed; he even got a couple of compliments from people.

When everyone had arrived, Gabriel followed Rheese back into the ballroom and they headed for the bar to top up their drinks.

"So," she asked with a smile; "How are you enjoying yourself?"

Gabriel smiled, and handed her his glass; "I'm actually surprised" he admitted, sitting down on a bar stool, "It's not too bad" he said as he smiled back at her.

[62]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 10:39 AM

"Excellent!" she beamed; she should have locked Lloyd up long ago, if this is what it took to get Gabriel out of his wallowing in self-loathing.

"Here's your drink!" she trilled, merrily; she passed him his glass and he raised it to her before he drank from it. This minty-cranberry concoction was delicious, and the eerie swirl of red and green looked very appropriate. She came around the bar and he stood again, following her through the crowd to the buffet table.

Rheese smiled as he followed her; she really did hope he was enjoying himself.

[63]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 10:41 AM

As the clock struck twelve, Rheese sighed and shut her eyes. She could almost hear Lloyd banging against his door, insisting the poor maid let him out immediately. She frowned; she should have locked him up for the whole night, but she hadn't wanted him to miss out entirely. She squared her shoulders and put her drink down, ready for the fireworks. She hoped that they wouldn't disrupt the ball too much.

[64]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 10:53 AM

Lloyd slammed the door as he entered the ballroom, causing a sudden hush. He easily picked Rheese and Gabriel out, and stormed up to them in a rage.

"You didn't even have the decency to meet me upstairs" he fumed, as a murmur rippled through the crowd.

"Decency? Decency is not putting someone down just because you don't like sharing the limelight. Decency is respecting that you did wrong, and accepting your punishment. Decency is not storming into a party and ruining everyone else's night because you didn't get to be the star, which was your fault," fumed Rheese, as Gabriel shifted uncomfortably beside her.

[65]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 10:56 AM

Rheese stared Lloyd down impassively, as he continued to scowl at her. She narrowed her eyes as he smirked, and was downright suspicious when he bowed to them.

"My apologies," he said silkily, in that oily voice he used when he was up to no good. "I did not realise it was nostalgia - tell me, Gabriel, what would your wife have thought about your outfit?"

Rheese was about to slap him, but to her surprise, Gabriel got there first.

[66]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 10:59 AM

As his fist landed on Lloyd's cheek, Gabriel could finally understand why Rheese had taken to slapping him when he did wrong. His blood pounded in his ears, and he leaned forward to pull Lloyd nose to nose with himself.

"Careful Lloyd" he said, narrowing his eyes, "You wouldn't want me to fall apart, now would you?"

Lloyd gulped; something was definitely off about Gabriel tonight. Ordinarily, he would have moped miserably in a corner, not stood up for himself.

[67]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:23 PM

Rheese watched, impressed, as Lloyd failed to find something to say. After a few moments, Gabriel released his hold on Lloyd's shirt and returned to stand at Rheese's side.

Rheese smiled at him; a smile which turned into a smirk when she looked at the ruffled Lloyd. "You see? This is why you shouldn't pick on people - they might snap one day."

Lloyd scowled, and turned from the pair, muttering to himself as he stormed off into the crowd who parted to let him pass.

[68]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:27 PM

As Lloyd walked away, Gabriel let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "I'm sorry" said Rheese, putting a paw on his arm. She knew it hurt him to be reminded of his lost family. "Trust Lloyd to be nasty deliberately and try to ruin the party" she said, scowling at the retreating top hat.

Gabriel smiled sadly, as he patted the paw on his arm. "It's all right" he said; "At least I understand why you slap him now."

[69]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:29 PM

They both looked at each other and smirked. Though Lloyd had deserved it, Gabriel knew he probably wouldn't do it again. He was calm and placid by nature, and didn't want to change because of someone like Lloyd.

"Come on" chortled Rheese, looping her arm through his to drag him along. "Let's go get some punch", she said, emphasizing the pun.

[70]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:33 PM

Gabriel laughed aloud, and allowed himself to be dragged over to the steaming cauldron. Rheese carefully ladled the smoking substance out into two goblets, and they toasted one another before they drank deeply - and immediately spit it back out again!

"LLOYD" screeched Rheese, causing the music to immediately cut off as the entire crowd turned to watch the latest conflict. "HOW DARE YOU PUT SALT IN THE PUNCH!" she yelled, charging over to where a space had formed around him, as nobody wished to be close to the perpetrator of this crime. It was always dangerous to stand between Rheese and her target, and her friends knew this well.

[71]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:36 PM

As Rheese was busy yelling at Lloyd (who was attempting to look guiltless, and failing), Gabriel went off to empty the cauldron. By the time he returned, Lloyd had been banished and Rheese was desperately searching for him.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you!" she cried, catching sight of him returning the cauldron to the table. "Did you rinse it out?" she asked, looking at the now-clean vessel with curious interest.

"Yeah, sorry - I figured the salt would be bad if it were left in there to dry, so I washed it off" said Gabriel, rubbing one paw on the back of his neck.

[72]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:39 PM

"No, no, that's perfect!" cried Rheese, already running to the bar. "It means I can whip up another batch - and this time, it definitely won't be salted!" she cried happily. Gabriel watched with amusement (and a little pride) as she directed the barman to pour the ingredients into the cauldron, before stirring it with a clean ladle.

She filled two glasses with the first of the new punch, and handed one to him. "Cheers" she said, clinking glasses with him before taking a sip of her own.

[73]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:41 PM

Gabriel sipped his drink, and smiled - it tasted even better than the last batch!

He handed his empty glass to a passing waiter, and bowed low in front of Rheese. "I believe we haven't danced yet, my good lady" he said, imitating Lloyd's cheeky grin. Rheese laughed, and allowed him to twirl her out onto the dance floor. Yes, she thought, he should definitely wear that outfit again.

[74]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 4:49 PM

Eventually, the party wound down, and the guests started leaving. Gabriel and Rheese were left alone, enjoying the last of the punch between them whilst the staff cleaned up around them.

"That-" said Rheese, setting down her empty glass, "was a heck of a party."

Gabriel nodded in agreement, and raised his glass to his lips.

"Pity about the interruption in the middle" said Rheese, as she poured another glass for herself.

[75]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext