Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Mortal Love {Private} [M:LS]

Postby Night » 12/19/2016 4:48 PM

Magnus worried his lower lip between his teeth, hesitant to ask. Buuut... "There's something you could do." He wasn't sure why he was so embarrassed to ask for Alec to lend his strength, but he was. "The wards up there, the ones I've been keeping down, are too strong. When they crash back down, I'm not entirely sure what they'll do to the people still on board. We need to keep them down for as long as possible so that we don't have to find out." The warlock rubbed his hand over his face. "If you could... Do you remember, at Luke's - how you leant me some of your strength? If you could..."

He wasn't sure how to finish that sentence. He allowed it to hang unspoken between them, what he was asking for. There was little question over whether Alec would agree. Magnus turned his hand over, offering it to the younger man for him to take. Just a little bit longer. He reasoned to himself. They only had to keep the wards down for a little while longer, and then they could all go home and go to sleep. Which he wasn't going to think too hard over right now for fear of just falling asleep where he was.

He avoided siphoning too much from the shadowhunter, afraid of taking more than he was capable of giving. Magnus channeled the energy into his own, returning to his task with a renewed vigor. It was impossible to see what was going on above them, though if the noises were any indication he wasn't entirely sure if  he wanted to. He was tempted to ask how it had looked while Alec was up there, and had the question poised on his tongue when the sound of twisting metal ripped through the area.

The boat went down. He wasn't entirely sure how it had happened, but the boat was sinking.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/20/2016 12:21 AM

Alec could have slapped himself he felt so stupid. Of course Magnus needed his strength! It wasn't like he could cast magic himself and he could plainly see how exhausted the warlock was. He quickly took the proffered hand and gripping it tightly pulled Magnus into his arms to prevent him from falling over. "Lean into me if you need. Just focus on the wards."

He could feel his stamina rune for the first time in a long time. It was hard to describe the feeling since it was a permanent mark and didn't just burn away like regular ones did. But he kept silent, letting Magnus take what he needed without hesitation or reserve. While they sat in silence, Alec wondered what Jace and Clary were doing. He could feel Jace fighting through their parabatai bond so he knew the other boy was alive. So long as he could feel Jace, he'd keep up hope that they'd somehow get out of this.

He was just as dumbfounded as Magnus as he watched the ship rip itself apart, knuts and bolts unscrewing and sheets of metal separating. The next thing he knew there was an explosion and the resulting wave washed the truck and all the boats around the ship back away from it. By the time he could see the wreckage again through the smoke, he saw four shapes in the water. "Magnus! It's Jace and Clary! Looks like they got Simon and Maia too." Shapes were rising from the depths, nixies and mermaids coming to their aid. Around them he could see other surviving shadowhunters being helped to the remaining boats.

Jace, Clary, Simon, and Luke were being brought to the truck by their rescuers and when they were pulled safely into the bed, Alec noticed the unconscious Clary. "What happened?" He asked his breathless parabatai. As Jace explained what had happened, Alec began applying iratzes to Clary.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Night » 12/21/2016 1:28 AM

------------

Magnus stole quiet moments with Alec whenever he was able - which was rarely. He had texted the teen sometime early in the afternoon, asking if he were available for the evening and inviting him over. The rest of the day had been spent meticulously planning an evening out. It wasn't easy to keep their relationship hidden, and nowhere was that more apt a statement than when trying to figure out just where to take Alec on a date. The list was narrow. Nowhere that they could be potentially spotted by Alec's parents, or anyone who knew his parents. Nowhere that a likely attack would be staged, either now or near enough in the future that they would be recognized if they had to return. Nowhere that was so far away that the shadowhunter couldn't return home at a moments notice, and nothing that would require dressing up in such a manor that would suggest he had been on a date. Their options were painfully slim.

This evening he had decided to stage a picnic before hauling Alec off to a downworlder party. He figured the risk of getting caught was fairly low while still allowing for a nice evening out with his boyfriend. The warlock was dressed as casually as he felt himself able to manage, in a designer t-shirt and nice jeans with a blazer thrown over the top of it. If they were called to report anywhere, he could reliably say that they were his casual clothes. He was pacing by the door, eagerly awaiting Alec's arrival and most certainly not panicking that the shadowhunter wouldn't show up due to unforeseen circumstances. Though were they really so unforeseen when any and everything was possible as of late?
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/21/2016 4:43 AM

Alec had been at the Institute training when Magnus texted. It was only a few days since Clary used the Open rune on Valentine's ship and his parents were finalizing the details to the trip to Idris, a trip that Alec would be accompanying his family for. He hated the idea of leaving Magnus behind, but Clary's abilities raised serious questions that he Clave wanted answered. And besides, Valentine had escaped again and now the entire Shadowhunter community was going to come together to try and stop him. Along with leaving Magnus in New York for a few days, Alec was starting to stress about the brewing war. Two confrontations with the leader of the old Circle, deaths on all sides, and it still wasn't over. Alec was aware of death like all Shadowhunters were, it wasn't a strange concept. But the fact of how much more dangerous this climate was compared to regular duty wasn't lost on the young adult and he was constantly stressed.

The idea of a date with Magnus was a much welcomed distraction. There still hadn't been an opportunity to tell anyone of their relationship, but for now it seemed Magnus was just enjoying the fact they were alive and could still spend time together. Alec knew it wasn't a permanent euphoria and the looming confrontation just added to his cares. He texted his boyfriend back asking if Magnus needed help deciding on anything. When told that Magnus had everything planned, Alec couldn't help but feel relieved. He increasingly hated shooting down Magnus's ideas for dates, aware that it would only bring them back to resentment of hiding all the quicker.

For possibly the first time, Alec was on time for their date and he'd selected a sweater that while simple and black, wasn't faded or full of holes. His jeans were also a bit more form fitting than he had recently been wearing, and his shoes were new. His hair on the other hand, was it's usual rumpled mess. He smelled of fresh soap, having showered directly before coming over, and his hair was still a bit damp. Using the key to Magnus's loft, he let himself in, barely missing the warlock's pacing and anxiety. "Hey." He said simply. Taking in the other man's attire, a stab of guilt went through Alec that Magnus was dressing down for him on top of everything else. He was determined that Magnus would get some kind of enjoyment out of tonight too, aware and appreciative of just how much he did to make Alec comfortable as much as possible.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/21/2016 5:12 AM

When Alec pushed into the apartment Magnus couldn't restrain his relief. He wrapped his arms around the younger man, burying his face in the soft fabric of the shadowhunter's sweater. For as much shit as he gave him about the way he dressed, he couldn't help but feel an acute sense of 'home' when he caught sight of Alec in his stupid oversized sweater. "Hello there, handsome." The warlock pulled back far enough to steal a kiss, grinning. "I missed you. Are you all ready to go?" He was sorely tempted to suggest they just stay home, his planning be damned. These moments alone were rare and he was eager to get the most out of them. But he had promised a night out on the town, and he was going to be true to his word.

He reluctantly removed himself from Alec and grabbed a basket half-hidden near the sofa. "I thought we could go down to the park and have a picnic." He gestured with the wicker pannier, showing off the fact that he had taken time to prepare a meal rather than just wishing it into existence when they got there. "Then we'll hit up a party downtown, or go to Pandemonium."

Magnus laced his fingers into Alec's, touch hungry and stupidly happy to finally have a few minutes of blissful personal time. The park wasn't far. He carried the basket in his opposite hand, unwilling to let go of Alec even for a moment as they walked. More than ever, the fact that each single second they had to share could possibly be the last was weighing on him. The influx of events that had begun to culminate around Valentine terrified him to no end. If he thought, even for a moment, that Alec would agree to just run away from it all he would have them on a plane tonight. For now he would make due with secret smiles and stolen kisses, the weight of Alec's hand in his own and the cool press of the breeze as they walked.

The kind of moments you savored when you had forever to look at but forever drew ever closer to a close.

When they had found an ideal spot, Magnus settled the basket down and began unpacking it - a legitimate picnic blanket, checkered and all, with small sandwiches and crackers and a bottle of wine. Perhaps he was a hopeless romantic, or just angling to have a movie style picnic. Perhaps it was entirely the aesthetic of it. He was oddly proud that he'd managed to prepare something so mundane and ordinary despite the lack of either quality in their lives.

"I hope you like turkey sandwiches, because it's what I brought." Magnus suddenly worried that perhaps it was all a little too mundane. Maybe he should have just magic-ed up whatever Alec wanted when they arrived...
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/21/2016 8:18 AM

Still holding the key in his hand, Alec welcomed Magnus into his arms, running his empty hand into the warlock's spiked up hair while the one holding the key went around Magnus's waist. Alec sighed contentedly at the feeling of being near enough to Magnus to touch him, a sense of peace settling over him that he didn't feel anywhere else. He blushed slightly at being called handsome but returned the kiss readily, taking a moment to stroke his boyfriend's cheek with his thumb while he gazed into the gold-green cat eyes he loved so much. "Missed you too." The words of affection were coming easier as well which was something Alec had never expected to be able to do. He nodded that he was ready, though if he'd known Magnus would have liked to stay at home, he would have quickly steered the warlock to the couch. More than anything, Alec just wanted to be near his lover even if all they did was hold hands and chat idly about nothing more important than what they'd done that day.

Alec watched him move away, a pang of something uneasy stabbing through him. He wasn't sure what he was so worried about, they were less than three feet apart. But somehow it felt like the entire apartment or some vast gulf had suddenly sprang up between them. He wasn't sure what the feeling was or where it came from so he pushed it aside, deciding to ignore it. "Sounds great." He quickly schooled his features into an affectionate smile and moved to take the basket so as not to burden Magnus. He hoped his unease hadn't shown on his face. "Although," He teased lightly, "I'm starting to wonder about ulterior motives with you cooking so much lately."

He genuinely relaxed once they were touching again, even letting Magnus carry the basket since he seemed to be set on doing it. Despite the pang of fear a few moments before, Alec was content to chalk it up to Valentine and just enjoy the evening. He'd even go to whatever party Magnus desired to drop in on if it would make his boyfriend happy.

When they came to a good spot, Alec moved to help lay out the blanket and food, but Magnus was too fast for him. With a rueful smile, he sat back to stay out of the way, though he couldn't help taking a cracker before everything was laid out properly. He hadn't eaten since that morning and training had intensified since the battle on the demon ship. Add the extra workout on top of the bottomless stomach of a nineteen year old and Alec honestly felt like he could devour an entire all you could eat buffet. As such, the spread that Magnus had supplied looked positively delicious.

Alec didn't miss the sudden change in Magnus, despite how subtle it was, and quickly leaned over to place a kiss on his cheek. "It looks great." He said simply in reassurance. "So what did you do today?" He asked, taking a sandwich from the pile, hoping a little idle chatter would help settle both of their nerves.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/26/2016 2:14 AM

Magnus chuckled low in the back of his throat. "Who knows? Maybe I'm just trying to fatten you up so I can eat you later~" He supplied cryptically, the tilt of his eyebrows suggesting that he most certainly didn't intend the comment in any sort of culinary way.

He poured them both a glass of wine, surprising even himself that he had remembered to pack both glasses and utensils. He was a bit prideful of the way he had begun to adapt to a more human culture. Granted, it was a bit pointless. The realization dawned on him that he was actually trying to impress Alec with his adaptability. Or his capability in providing, he wasn't sure which. The idea struck him speechless for a moment, and he gave a bit of a to long pause before he supplied his answer to the shadowhunter's question.

"Not a whole lot. Called around to see what was happening tonight to get an idea of where we should go. Spent far too long trying to pack this dinner because I had no clue what to bring." He laughed. "I find myself constantly trying to impress you, Alec Lightwood, and I haven't the slightest idea why."

That wasn't entirely true, though. A traitorous voice in the back of his mind suggested he knew precisely why he wanted to court after Alec so badly, and it had quite a bit to do with feelings he wasn't entirely prepared to admit.

Magnus sipped at his wine, looking to stall the words that were trying to fall out of his lips. "How about yourself? What did you do today? Any hardcore fights to the death, or was it a slow one?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/29/2016 7:43 PM

Alec's breath caught in his throat and he would have sworn on the Angel that his heart skipped a beat. There was definitely heat pooling in his lower abdomen and he quickly adjusted his position on the blanket to conceal the activity below. It wasn't that he was ashamed of Magnus seeing, but more concern that the warlock would take him right then and there.

Thankfully, he didn't blush though he did shake his head. "Or maybe you don't want anyone else finding me attractive." He intended it as a joke and challenge, and he smiled as he watched Magnus unpack the supplies.

Alec leaned back to regard Magnus, swirling the red liquid in his glass. I have noticed all you're doing for me and I'm sorry I'm being such a child. He thought, wanting to say the words but not wanting to argue. Things had been peaceful between them since the battle on Valentine's ship and he wasn't quite ready to shatter the peace between them. "I think you did great." He reassured Magnus again, taking another sandwich to show how much he approved. "As for impressing me, that's easy. I think I've told you before, but you're fabulous and I'm awkward so..." He paused, suddenly too embarassed to say what he really wanted, which was that Magnus simply breathing impressed him.

For the older man to do so much and go so far out of his way for him, a teenage shadowhunter who'd spent his entire life closeted, beyond impressed him. It almost broke his heart because most days he didn't feel worthy of such attention or love.

"I'd say it was pretty slow. Just finalizing the details of the trip to Idris in the next few days." He went quiet, the reminder that they would again be separated causing his stomach to knot in anxiety. With Valentine getting increasingly active, Alec was worried for everyone: his parents, his siblings, Jace, Magnus, even Clary. "I wish you could come with us so I knew you'd be safe."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous