Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Mortal Love {Private} [M:LS]

Postby Mojave » 12/08/2016 5:44 AM

Alec smiled at the words, not finding them ridiculous at all. "As you command." He said, referring back to Magnus's earlier comments of jailer and prisoner. As Magnus leaned back to accept him, Alec released his boyfriend's manhood and let his own hips slam forward, driving himself deep inside the other man. "Oh god, Magnus!" he exclaimed at the intensity of the tight heat that completely sheathed him. His fingers gripped Magnus by the hips fiercely though he let the man move at his own pace. Waves of pleasure rushed through his body causing a light perspiration to break out over him.

Each movement drove Alec closer to climax, and the closer he got the more desperate his gasps and moans. Suddenly, Alec leaned against Magnus to push him forward on his hands and knees again. He followed so that they remained pressed together, sliding his hands over the smooth brown skin of the warlock's body. He kept his hips angled so that he could still stimulate his lover's prostate with each thrust, driving Magnus to his release. The position also still allowed Alec to trail kisses, nips, and slow sucking bites along his neck, shoulders, and back. He gasped Magnus's name and ecstatic curses of pleasure into his ear, groaning breathlessly with each thrusts. "Magnus.. by the angel.. so tight.. amazing... fuck." Alec struggled to articulate just how much he was enjoying this, but wasn't great with voicing his feelings even in the least exciting situations.

Giving up the endeavor to put words to his pleasure, he decided to attwmpt to commuicate through his body. Alec changed his pace to buck his hips forward to meet Magnus, deepening each thrust as much as possible. Replacing his hands upon Magnus's member, he matched the rhythm of his touch with their hips so that the two sources of stimuli complimented each other, pushing Magnus- thus them both- closer to climax. He hoped that Magnus understood what he couldn't articulate verbally- that Alec cared for him and wanted to please him.

The realization of how much he cared for Magnus hit him in the gut, the warmth spreading through him. He still felt it was too new to call love, but here he was putting Magnus before himself, getting off more to his boyfriend's pleasure than his own.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Night » 12/11/2016 4:37 AM

Magnus keened, the slight sting of Alec's entrance muted by the wave of relief and pleasure and finally. He wasn't sure when he had become so desperate for this simple pleasure, but the introduction of an extra body in his household had made him realize how much he'd taken for granted being allowed to touch Alec in any way he wished. He tightened reflexively, fucking back against the hard press of Alec inside of him.

He took advantage of the opportunity to be loud, begging for harder, faster, more. A litany of praise escaped him, interspaced between with breathless gasps and moans. The warlock allowed himself to be pushed forward, grateful for the added leverage to work himself into a rhythm against Alec's ministrations. His skin buzzed where Alec brushed against him, and he found himself lost to the feeling.

"So fucking good." Mangus arched his back, fighting to push into the shadowhunter's hand without losing his rhythm. It was embarrassing, how easy it was for Alec to make him come undone. He could already feel himself approaching the edge, inching dangerously close and unsure if he wanted to chase his end or make this last as long as they could get away with.

The choice was taken away from him. A few particularly well aimed thrusts and the twist of Alec's fingers around his cock and he was finished, spilling onto the sheets. He went pliant beneath the other man, over-sensitive and spent.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/11/2016 5:05 AM

Magnus reaching climax, his body convulsing around Alec's member, sent the young shadowhunter over the edge with the older warlock. He spilled his seed inside Magnus, crying out in his release as he fell against his boyfriend. Alec had the presence of mind to push himself off Magnus so he wasn't crushing him, falling onto his side next to him. He reached for Magnus, to take his hand or pull him to him for after coitus cuddles, it didn't really matter to Alec at that moment, his mind still numb from orgasm.

"Well, that took the edge off." He finally managed to say when he caught his breath, his lips pulled back in a sleepy, after sex grin. "Unless you'd rather rest?" He teased, placing a gentle kiss on Magnus's shoulder.

~~~

The next day, Alec learned of all the 'fun' he'd missed by staying at Magnus's house. Apparently Jace and Clary had been forced to kiss in the Seelie Court, Simon had been upset and stormed off only to end up at the Hotel Du Mort and been drained by the vampires. The rest of their merry little band had buried the hapless mundane and upon rising as a newborn vampire, had been taken back to he hotel by Raphael.

As if this wasn't enough excitement, Alec still hadn't been able to twist his courage up to tell his parents about his relationship with Magnus. And now, despite how great the sex was, he could tell Magnus's patience was fraying. In fact, they were sitting at a table in Magnus's living room, Alec looking at his empty but still warm mug. "I just don't know how to tell them. I'd say I'm worried about your safety, but I doubt you'd consider my parents as a real threat. Since, you know, you fought them before."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/11/2016 5:21 AM

Magnus had found himself entirely unimpressed by both the frequency of which Alec's friends and family found themselves in mortal peril, and the younger man's continued lack of want to acknowledge their relationship in any way whatsoever. It was wearing him thin, pulling him tight and making him testy. He knew that he was being pissy, that he was pushing the envelope. He couldn't help but feel as though Alec were playing with him, using him for his name and his power or simply ashamed to call him his boyfriend to anyone that mattered. It was hard to view it as anything else, given that he'd been sword practically under oath to not say anything to Jace during his stint as the warlock's "prisoner."

He had still been tempted, of course. But the still rational part of his mind had stopped him, reminding him that it wasn't necessarily his secret to tell. As much as he would like it to be. He wondered what that meant, that his own relationship wasn't a topic that he was permitted or thought himself capable of bringing up. Based on past experiences, he couldn't help but think it didn't bode well for them.

"So you're telling me that weeks and weeks now, as smart as you are, you can't find the words to tell them that you have a boyfriend? Because it's really quite simple. You just say, Oh hey guys! I just thought you should know that I'm seeing someone. It's Magnus Bane. Or even just acknowledging that you're seeing someone in general would be a good place to start." He sounded bitchy, but he couldn't even muster up the want to feel guilty over it. He pressed his lips in a tight line, clutching at his untouched cup of tea. Originally, he'd been annoyed. As time passed he'd even gotten a bit angry over the whole endeavor. As of late, however, he'd only been tired. The more times they had this argument and the longer Alec continued to refuse to address the issue, the less he'd found himself wanting to fight over it. If Alec didn't want to put any work into their relationship, then he wasn't sure what the point in throwing words about it was.

"You could at least tell your friends. I understand that you're worried how your parents will react, but you really think that your friends won't take it well? Because I gotta tell you, you must have some pretty shitty friends if so." So they were reduced to cheap shots now. He wasn't proud, but he wasn't going to take it back.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/11/2016 5:49 AM

He knew Magnus was right. Izzy had known for years and done her best to keep their parents'attentions drawn away from him. Clary had known within a day of meeting him and hadn't said anything. He clenched his teeth at the memory of slamming her against the wall and threatening to kill her if she did say anything. While he had been content to pretend she'd kept quiet out of fear, in the past weeks he'd come to realize that wasn't the case. Clary wasn't the kind of person to tell other people's secrets. True, the two of them had forgiven each other and themselves, but it wasn't something Alec would ever be proud of.

He sighed and looked up at Magnus. "My friends aren't shitty. But you're right about one thing. Izzy and Clary know that I'm gay and they haven't changed toward me. And I know Izzy will break someone's face if they try to hurt me over it." He took a steadying breath and leaned back in his chair to look Magnus in the eye. "I'll tell them today." So saying, so he intended. He got up to refill his mug of coffee but changed his mind when he got to the machine, turning it off instead.

At that moment, he heard Jace's phone ring from the bedroom he was staying in. "Please don't be a demon attack." Alec groaned. But of course it was, this time at Luke's house where a werewolf girl had been hurt. With a glance at Magnus (Jace could ask for magical warlock healing this time), Alec went to a closet by the front door to start equipping himself with weapons and his stele. He just hoped this had nothing to do with Valentine, which was a ridiculous hope. Everything was Valentine lately.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/13/2016 3:38 AM

Magnus chuffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Yeah, well. I'll believe it when I see it." It was a long standing argument, and he certainly didn't expect it to be so easily resolved. Alec would chicken out like he had all the other times, they would fight about this again infinitely into the future, and Magnus would slowly go crazy because he couldn't make himself quit this stupid self-destructive bullshit. He did well to hide his eye roll when Jace's phone went off, unsurprised to find that they would be going off to chase their own end yet again. Nothing ever changed. His life was becoming a load of circular bullshit. This was definitely one of those scenarios where he wished he could change the way he felt.

Wel.. perhaps not entirely. His posture softened when Alec rose to grab his gear, biting at his lip. It felt silly to want to wish Alec luck, to kiss him before they left, when he'd been being bitchy all morning. He still wanted to, though. He hesitated a moment too long, halfway out of his seat when Jace appeared from his room fully equipped and ready to go. He wasn't going to throw a fit. Really. He was only going to murder Jace a little bit.

"If you two are finished having a terribly muted argument at the kitchen table, I think we should get going." He announced, slipping several sheathed seraph blades into any available pocket on his person. As always, he didn't appear concerned whatsoever with what he may be interrupting. Magnus was sure he already knew everything that Alec was trying so desperately to hide from him, and the fact that it hadn't changed Jace's demeanor in the slightest only served to prove his point. It also didn't lessen his desire for Alec to just come out and say what he had to, though. It wasn't other people knowing so much as Alec's ability to just admit they were dating that he was worried about. He waited until Jace slipped out the front door before catching Alec by the wrist.

"Just... be careful, okay?" The warlock worried at his lip. "I don't want anything to happen to you." He hid a chaste kiss against the dark haired teen's cheek before stepping away, allowing him to do whatever he had to do before they left. He grabbed his phone, slipping it into his pocket before following Jace downstairs.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/13/2016 5:49 AM

Guilt twisted Alec's guts and he wished he could be braver. Not just for his sake, but because he didn't like causing Magnus pain. Hell, all this constant ahit with Valentine had everyone stretched to the breaking point already, Magnus didn't need him acting like a terrified child on top of it all.

He was wrapped up in his own head enough that he missed Magnus half rising from his seat, turning to see Jace enter the room. He blanched, worrying Jace had heard what they had said, but his parabatai was already out the door.

He was on his way to the door when Magnus grabbed him and kissed him. Jace was already out of sight so he didn't resist, resting his hand over Magnus's before the other man walked out as well. He grabbed a final dagger before closing the door behind him and locking it.

The next hour or so was a blur for Alec. They arrived to find Maia with demon fangs in her arms, the poison already killing her. "Did you see Luke?" Clary asked as she came in from the kitchen. Simon, the useless mundane- no, vampire, was gawking at all the blood and in general in the way.

"No, is he not inside?" Alec inquired in turn. This sent Clary dashing outside, Simon following close behind like the faithful puppy he was. "Do you need me to stay and help you?" Alec asked Magnus, not sure where he was needed most.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/15/2016 4:25 AM

Magnus remained silent on their way to Luke's, lost to thought. Their arrival was met with a rush of bodies moving outside, Clary and Simon and then Jace pushing past him. He didn't spare a thought to where they were going, where Luke may be - he was in his element now, entirely focused on the job at hand. The warlock knelt beside the couch, his hands sparking blue fire as they soothed along the skin around the young were's wound. "I may need a bit of... er. Strength." Magnus replied, magic rippling and distorting the area around his fingers. "Demon poison is no small thing to rid."

He fell quiet, concentrating. Cat-like eyes fell closed, his brow creasing as he worked. When he was finished, he could feel exhaustion beginning to pull at him. The arrival of his second patient, in the form of one Lucian Greymark, was one that he couldn't say he was pleased with. A small, treacherous part of his brain hissed - they were using him for his services. It coiled tight around his thoughts, speaking in his ear; wasn't it strange, how Alec was always so willing to string him along and miraculously unable to tell anyone they were seeing one another? The evidence was all there, open to discovery. He pushed them away, his mouth a hard line. It wasn't the time or the place for that argument to resurface - not when things were so fresh from the morning. He was just tired, worn thin at the edges and scared. Afraid of what the return of Valentine meant for him, for Alec... It was nothing good. He could count on one hand the people he cared about, and they were somehow all wrapped up in this wretched mystery.

It was an effort to not lean into Alec's side, to beg for the easy comfort offered behind closed and locked doors. He exhaled sharply through his nose, gathering his thoughts and pressing his hand over Luke's innocuous bite wound. He would do this, for Alec, if only because he couldn't help himself but to try and please him.

Magnus drew subtly from the shadowhunter's proffered strength, not wanting to dig too deep. Luke was patched up just as well as he could be a short while later, and the warlock was doing his best to keep himself upright. It was a struggle. Mortals never stopped to think that his power had to come from somewhere. There wasn't just an infinite reserve for him to draw from. It took effort and energy. He pressed his forehead against the cushions of the couch, eyes closed and face pinched and sincerely wishing that everyone would just leave him to seek whatever comfort Alec was willing to offer him.
----------

Jace was nothing if not an opportunist. As much as he may reject his familial ties, he had been raised to see when a chance arose. He slipped out the door and placed his call, relieved when a figure fell from the sky. Raphael was as pleasant an interaction as ever. They exchanged reassurances over a debt repaid, and Jace took his opportunity by the handlebars. The others wouldn't even notice him missing until he was already gone, motorcycle disappearing into the Manhattan skyline.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/15/2016 6:27 AM

Alec spared a glance at his parabatai and friends as they dashed outside, but moved to Magnus's side without hesitation. He braced himself beside his boyfriend, watching him concentrate and the magic flowing between his hands and his patient, ready to place his hand in Magnus's and support him with his entire body if needed. "Whatever you need." Alec said softly, falling quiet so he wouldn't distract Magnus.

When Luke was brought in, Alec gave his parabatai an exasperated look. Did the chaos ever end with these people? Angel his life had been so much quieter before Clary and her family had come into their lives! Though, a look at Magnus was all it took to remind him some good had also come of it, but he wished they didn't have to keep asking for magical help. He'd talk to his parents, he thought, try to get them to arrange some kind of compensation for Magnus's services. Or perhaps he'd be better off just coming out, being honest about what was going on. Maybe that would make Magnus happier than a pile of money.

He noticed Magnus's sharp exhale and placed his hand on the warlock's shoulder. He wished he could take his boyfriend in his arms, but everyone was now in the living room around them, Clary and Simon giving a brief description of what had happened outside. Maia was taken to Luke's room to rest, Luke was left to sleep on the couch where he lay, and Clary got up to get blankets and pillows for Jace, Magnus, and Alec. Alec helped Magnus get as comfortable as he could on a spare couch before sitting down on the floor beside the couch. He leaned his head back so that he could gaze at Magnus, thinking about the past few weeks and the future. He fell asleep like that, his back against the couch and legs splayed in front of him with a blanket covering him.

The next morning, Clary was claiming she could create new runes. Alec, always skeptical, doubted this new ability because all runes came from the Grey Book. At Jace's dare, Clary drew a rune for what she claimed was fearlessness and Jace put it on Alec after he volunteered to test it. Just as Jace placed the rune on his shoulder, Inquisitor Herondale and the Lightwoods showed up at Luke's house. A sudden surge of what Alec could only call courage flooded his veins and he stepped forward. "Mom, Dad, I'm seeing someone. A Downworlder, in fact." He spoke over their protestations that this wasn't important, but before he could turn to Magnus and pull him into the center of their attention, Alec was knocked unconscious momentarily. When he came to, the rune was fading and he quickly backpedaled into inconspicuousness. He glanced at Magnus, a question of why on his face.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/16/2016 12:49 AM

Magnus maneuvered himself onto the couch readily, curling back against the cushions. He managed to spare a thought for Alec, thinking that perhaps he should take the floor and the shadowhunter the relative comfort of the sofa, before he was down for the count.

The following morning found an influx of activity; Clary's conviction in her ability to create new runes was both terrifying and wonderful in its potential. It fascinated him, though he couldn't help but acknowledge the macabre side of its usefulness. With the arrival of the Inquisitor, followed in short by the Lightwoods, it already showed a possibility to create chaos. He had to knock Alec out before he could reveal their torrid love life to his own parents in the least tactful manor possible - something which he was sure the younger man would be thankful for later, even if it did leave Magnus with a strange sense of loss to do it. He didn't think that Alec would want to be outed in such a manor. All he had to offer was a shrug in response when the teen regained consciousness. What was he supposed to say? 'Oh, I want you to tell your parents, but not like that! There's got to be flowers, and undying confessions of love!' Right.

"Well, we know that it works." The room at large was already in disarray, accusations flying around. Evidentially Jace had decided that he could do whatever he pleased, and gone off to search for Valentine on his own. Wonderful. Was there anyone in this angel forsaken city that wasn't entirely out of their mind? Jace was escorted out, back to the Institute and potentially to his demise. It would both solve and cause a vast amount of problems. Why couldn't things just be easy?

"Well as much fun as this has been, I really must be going." He announced. He grabbed his coat from the arm of the chair and started towards the door.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/16/2016 2:20 AM

Alec acknowledged Magnus's shrug, accepting that it was done and the opportunity had passed. Besides, Jace was about to be in serious trouble and Alec needed to handle the next few moments carefully. When he agreed with the Inquisitor that Jace had done something stupid, he braced himself for Izzy's backlash. Jeez, why couldn't she think ahead sometimes? He bore her disapproval as he moved to fall in behind the Inquisitor who was leading Jace out of Luke's. In the process of following his family, Alec stopped when he realized Magnus was going home. He stood for a moment, not sure who to go after.

He decided Magnus probably needed some quiet down time, alone. He hoped Magnus saw the look Alec sent him, of apology, the desire to go with him, resignation that he was needed at the Institute, and hope to see him again soon. But of course, the warlock was already gone. With an inward sigh, he left.

It took him longer than he would have liked to get into the training room with Jace, for them to reach the pivotal moment where they realized Jace could get out of the prison the Inquisitor had placed him in, and then to get to Izzy's room where Jace could make his escape. When the Inquisitor's plan to trade Jace for the Mortal Instruments failed, Alec was glad he'd come back. Together with his parents, they sent the distress call to the rest of the clave and any shadowhunters in the area. Though the force they managed to muster was small, they arrived on Valentine's ship in time to save Jace and Luke from a hoard of demons.

Alec was helping an injured Izzy escape the ship when the vessel rocked violently beneath them and Alec was sent flying into empty space. The last thing he remembered was pain when his body struck the water.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/16/2016 2:43 AM

The warlock tried his hardest not to be bitter when Alec went off with his friends instead of offering to come home for some coveted alone time. He understood, really - he couldn't expect Alec to choose between him and his family, and wouldn't ever want him to be put in that position. Still, in the silence of his apartment it was difficult to not see it as Alec making a choice. Magnus was relieved and ashamed of his own behavior when he received the call to arms. He met them at the docks, charmed the truck, took down the wards, and pointedly didn't think about how he was pretty much a pet at their beck and call. He knew that Alec didn't feel that way. He couldn't, right? It was just his own fucked up, cynical view, and in no way based in fact.

There was a splash, almost inaudible due to the chaos overhead, and Magnus saw the flash of an atrocious sweater as it plunged into the water. He was following before he could properly assess the situation. The water was freezing, biting into his skin and weighing him down. His clothes were heavy around him, and he was already so tired. It took substantial effort to haul Alec into the back of the pickup, to make sure that he was still breathing. For a single, terrifying moment, it seemed as though he wasn't. But then he saw the gentle rise and fall of the teen's chest, the still living pallor of his skin. He cradled the shadowhunter's head in his lap, his fingers tangling in ink black hair.

He wished that he could see what was going on above them on the boat - if there were any chance of winning, or if he should take Alec and be well on his way. It was cowardice, to want to run and hide at the first sign of any threat. But he hadn't lived to be so old as he was by throwing himself in the face of danger, and he didn't want to test just how far immortality would get him any time soon. He had the sinking feeling that he wouldn't have much of a choice, if he continued to pursue his current relationship, but that didn't mean he couldn't also try and keep Alec safe. As much as Alec would allow anyone to protect him, that was to say.

They were barely staying afloat, all of his energy and power being poured into keeping the wards down around the hulking metal ship. He wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to manage, and he couldn't guarantee he could get away even if he tried to pull them free from the carnage here and now. Magnus sighed, trying to refocus himself to the task at hand and help while he was still able.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/16/2016 3:06 AM

Alec woke to the feeling of hands in his hair. At first, he thought he had passed out at Magnus's again, but the sensation of his cold, wet clothes brought the memories of the past few hours rushing back. He jerked upright and away from the contact, his battle instincts telling him he was vulnerable. But his eyes managed to catch sight of who had hold of him as he rose, and in the movement that separated him from Magnus, he turned back to him, his hands falling away from his weapons belt.

He normally appreciated his battle reflexes, but he couldn't help but hope that Magnus never took it personally. Years of training were hard to forget in those first moments of consciousness when one was disoriented. "What happened, where's Izzy?" He asked, his eyes scanning the ship and the surrounding water. "Magnus, I have to get back up there, Izzy was hurt. Can you get me closer?" He was willing to swim back and climb the ship again despite how soaked and cold he was.

In his fear for his family, he wasn't looking at Magnus close enough to see the strain the warlock was already under. It wasn't that he was taking Magnus for granted intentionally, but the memory of Izzy bleeding and unable to walk had his heart racing. If anything happened to her- or Jace or his parents, or even Clary, surprisingly, he didn't know how he'd forgive himself for being so stupid as to get knocked off the ship where he couldn't protect them. The only reason he hadn't thrown himself back into the filthy river and wasn't swimming back right now was because of the distance the truck had already traveled away from the hull of the ship. If he swam from here, he'd be too tired to fight by the time he got back to the ship's deck- if he could even climb that far after swimming the distance.

He bit his bottom lip in anxiety as he scanned the ship again, looking for anyone he knew. Not seeing anyone, he turned to Magnus, still too upset to see his boyfriend clearly. It was going to take Magnus getting his attention for him to think clearly.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/16/2016 4:19 AM

"Isabelle is fine." Magnus closed his eyes, leaning back against the cab of the truck. He pointed in the general direction of a small fleet of sleek boats docked against the ship. "I believe your parents are taking care of her." He had seen them pull her from the water, and had at least the sense of mind to be glad someone else was watching out for her. He didn't know he had the strength to plunge into the water and haul another person out. There was some significance to the phrase dead weight, and the addition of water was certainly not any small difference.

The warlock drew his knees up against his chest, cold without the heat of Alec's body up against him. The cold was good. It would keep him awake. His forehead rested against his legs, the damp denim aiding him in staying focused. "As for getting you back to the ship... I'm afraid I couldn't even if I wanted to." His head rolled so that he could take Alec in out of his peripherals, wishing that the shadowhunter would just look at him. "I know you want to help, but I don't even know how much longer I can keep the wards down."

Magnus was exhausted - even more so than he had been after healing both Luke and Maia only the evening prior. More than that, he was selfish; he wasn't willing to let Alec back on the ship, aid him in running to his death, when he couldn't even guarantee that they would be as safe from the wards. He wanted to ensure that everyone got off safely, something that he knew was beyond his power given the nature of the battle raging on above them, and he did want to help where he could. He was just also willing to recognize a losing fight, and to want to be very, very far away from it.

The urge to snuggle close to Alec and allow his body to shut down overtook him, but he refrained. They were in clear view of the boats, and even with other things to focus on he was sure Alec wouldn't welcome the open affection.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/17/2016 2:16 AM

Alec's gaze instantly swept to where Magnus indicated, relief washing over him. Thank the angel! He thought to himself, letting his aching body slump back in the bed of the truck.

He noticed Magnus curling in on himself and actually looked at him now. Damnit. Alec cursed himself for being so easily distracted. There was more than just his family involved in this. He quickly closed the distance between them, hovering awkwardly over the other man. "I'm sorry, Magnus! I didn't mean-" He cut himself off trying to reign in his frantic emotions.

He took several calming breaths before he sat himself in front of Magnus and placed his hands on the warlock's shoulders. As much as he wanted to take the other man in his arms, kiss him, and let him drift off to sleep, he knew Magnus needed to stay awake. He also knew that any 'unorthodox' affection was likely to be seen and while secrecy wasn't his highest priority right now, the battle at hand was more important than their personal lives.

He had never felt negative emotions toward his duties before. To resent (maybe even hate) them now nearly made him ill. He wished things could be less complicated, though he knew that until Valentine was defeated things wouldn't get any better. Certainly not any easier.

"Magnus, whatever you need. Let me help you."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext