Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P) (Finished)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 4:49 AM

ImageImageImage
Cassus, Borealis and Ebele

By the time they finally made it out of the rainforest, it was dark. Cassus sighed; he had hoped they would be in Lamenolai by now - the nights were very cold, and Ebele was tired. They would soon need to stop to rest, and he did not wish to spend the night outside.

By chance, they stumbled upon a sleepy little village on the road heading to Lamenolai. It was just a few shacks grouped together in a ring, but it meant they had a chance of shelter, and possibly food.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 4:55 AM

There was one shack that stood taller than the others, and smoke was billowing out of the hole in the roof. A crude sign on a short post outside the door proclaimed it to be an inn, though it was rather run-down. Still, a warm bed was a warm bed - at the very least, they would have to try.

Cassus knocked on the door, but there was no answer; he knocked again, and the door was thrown open by a short man with greasy hair and a scowl on his face. "Inn's closed" he said, giving Cassus a filthy look; "Sleep in the stable if you must" and with that, he slammed the door closed.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 5:00 AM

Cassus scowled; living in the Rainforest, he had forgotten how others treated him. Given that all who saw them would assume she was carrying his pups, it simply made it worse, since anyone with a nose could tell they weren't mated.

He turned to face Borealis, who gave him a wan smile, and together they steered Ebele to the stable behind the inn.

The stable wasn't bad; granted, it was a little musty and it smelt like tuskow dung, but it was warm, and the hay was soft. Besides, it was a roof over their heads and they really couldn't ask for much more than that.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 5:21 AM

Cassus set up the bedding pile, whilst Borealis prepared some fruit and dried meat for them. Ebele watched as they went about their activities from where she lay curled up at the base of the stable door. She was tired, but happy; tonight they would all be warm.

Borealis made sure to feed the Roosken, though she did not remove them from their travelling cages. It was then time for bed; Cassus held her close under the hide blanket, and they both fell asleep.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 5:24 AM

The next day dawned bright and early, and Cassus was awakened by the crowing of the Roosken. He yawned and sat up, stretching as he did so. Borealis gave a little snuffle and moved closer to him, which made him smile.

Ebele stretched herself out by the door, watching them awaken. Today they would be moving on to Lamenolai!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 6:15 AM

They left early, after Cassus had lined the bottom of the cart with some of the hay they had slept on. Borealis didn't like it - she thought of it as stealing - but she appreciated that he was trying to take care of her, so she didn't say anything.

Ebele trotted along happily, pulling the cart behind her. She could feel the road begin to get smoother under her feet, as they left the dusty village behind. They were all filled with anticipation, but Cassus walked along filled with dread - would the city treat them the same as the innkeeper had, or worse?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:14 PM

As they neared the walls, Cassus suppressed a shudder. The sounds of the rainforest could be heard far off in the distance, and the towering statues that loomed over the road from the walls made him feel like he was being watched. He glanced at Borealis, and laid a soothing hand on Ebele's neck, though he wasn't sure if it was to comfort her or himself.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:16 PM

Borealis winced as the cart bumped over a stone, and she felt a twinge in her back; though Ebele was as gentle as she could be, the road wasn't quite as smooth as would be expected. She frowned; she hadn't expected to be nearly this sensitive; surely she couldn't be due now, when they had only just arrived!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:22 PM

As they neared what appeared to be the entrance, they joined the back of a queue of merchants and farmers' wagons waiting to pass the guards. Cassus swallowed, and squared his shoulders; he knew Borealis had no idea what they were in for, but he had seen his mother go through too much to not know what people would think of an unmated couple with pups.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:26 PM

Borealis sighed, and pulled the worn blanket a little tighter around her shoulders. The air was colder here than it was in the rainforest, and she felt it through her ragged clothes. They would need to buy some warm things when they could, but for now they would have to make do with the blankets and straw they had.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:28 PM

Cassus nodded to the guard as they passed through the gated archway in the wall, not missing the look of mistrust he received when the guard noticed Borealis in the cart. Still, they had been allowed into the city, which alleviated one of his fears; it seemed that word had not yet spread from the slums.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:31 PM

Borealis shuddered, and leaned a little forward; she hoped they would find somewhere to rest, as she felt terrible. Sweat was beginning to bead on her brow, and she clutched her stomach tightly beneath the blanket as the first pains began, her muscles clenching and releasing involuntarily. Terrified, she realised what was happening, and whispered to Cassus to pull the cart over.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:34 PM

Cassus went pale as he listened to the frantic tone of Borealis' voice, and he hustled the cart over to a side road where there didn't seem to be any traffic. He noticed her shivering, and immediately grabbed one of the blankets from beside her and wrapped it around her shoulders, feeling her forehead as he did so.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:38 PM

"Cassus" she whispered, and grimaced in pain as she felt another spasm. "Cassus, I'm - I don't - I n-need help" she whimpered, too ashamed to look him in the eye. She had avoided telling him, and now there seemed to be no alternative. "Cassus, I'm having pups, and I think they're coming" she said, gazing at him with wide, terrified eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:41 PM

Cassus was shocked; he knew she was close, but he hadn't thought it would be this soon. The jolting of the cart and the stress of the journey must have hastened the process, he thought to himself. The sight of her terrified eyes set his teeth on edge, and he fought back the growl he could feel rising in his throat.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next