Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:15 PM

With a dry mouth, Cassus began to explain.

"No, they're - they aren't mine. It was a forced mating."

The lady winced, and a look of sympathy took the place of the scowl that she had been bearing.

"I'm sorry," she muttered, looking over her shoulder to make sure they weren't overheard. "These terrible things shouldn't happen, but unfortunately sometimes they do."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:19 PM

"Do the pups look anything like you?" She asked, catching him off guard.

He frowned, before responding "No. They look mostly like their mother, but you can see traces of their father there - I can only hope they'll look like their mother when they grow.

At her look of surprise, he clarified "It was Kale in the slums."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:22 PM

Cassus felt his knuckles tense at the appalled look he was receiving, and Ebele nudged her head against his hand again.

"Yes, we know of him - yours is not the first registration we've had of this nature." She shivered before giving him a dark look. "I hope your mate is in a much better state of health than the last one was."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:25 PM

Cassus looked grim and dropped his voice. "She is now" he murmured; "When I first found her after it - I don't think I can describe it to you."

The lady pursed her lips and shook her head. "We'll do what we can to help," she said in a low voice, casting her eyes around for anyone who was watching.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:27 PM

Cassus felt a tension leave his shoulders that he hadn't realised was there.

The lady was still talking to him, and he leaned forward a little to hear her better.

"If it had happened here we would have an investigation done, but as it is we can send an doctor to check on her if you're a resident."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:30 PM

Cassus nodded and gave the address they were renting, explaining the situation of the landlady's kindness as quickly as he could.

The lady scribbled down the information on a form, and took his details as well of those of Borealis.

"We'll send the doctor round first thing tomorrow morning, and he'll fill out the birth certificates" she said with the first hint of a smile Cassus had seen.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:35 PM

As Cassus opened his mouth to ask a question, the lady hastened to explain. "He'll have been briefed on the situation, and although Kale-" she spat out his name like it left a bad taste in her mouth - "will need to be recorded as their sire, you will be put on record as their father and caregiver."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:38 PM

Cassus nodded in gratitude and signed the forms she handed him. He paused, realising that Borealis would have to sign the lifemating one, and voiced his concern to the lady.

My - mate -" the word felt foreign on his tongue -"will need to sign the lifemating form, but she had the pups yesterday and - would it be possible for the doctor to witness it when he visits?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:41 PM

He breathed a sigh of relief as she nodded, and scratched Ebele between the ears as the lady finished filling out the forms and gave him some information on their benefits system, which he immediately applied for. He knew it wasn't much, but it was something to tide them over and it would mean he could buy more things they needed without worrying.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:44 PM

As they left the Registry office, Cassus placed one hand on Ebele's head, missing the look of satisfaction that crossed her face. He had been wary of telling them the truth, but he felt very lucky indeed that things seemed to have worked out in their favour, though a lifetime in the slums kept a little voice in the back of his head spouting out contingency plans, just in case something went wrong.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:47 PM

"Where do I go to get you a collar" he murmured to himself, looking out over the bustling market and feeling his nerves jangling again as he took in how many people there were.

At last, he caught sight of a stall that seemed to be selling pet supplies, and he kept a careful hand on Ebele's head as they pushed their way carefully through the crowd.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:50 PM

The stall owner was happy to help out once he realised Cassus could pay in keystones rather than in produce, and Ebele soon proudly wore a shiny red leather collar with a silver buckle around her neck.

Cassus walked away pondering about the other things they needed, after promising the stall keeper he would visit their main store next time.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/26/2018 6:53 PM

He stopped at a couple of stalls to buy meat and some vegetables, before hurrying home, feeling anxious that he had been gone for so long. He breathed a little easier when their new home came into view, and relaxed entirely when he locked the door behind him and was greeted by Borealis' weak smile.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/27/2018 12:11 PM

"Hey" whispered Borealis, careful not to wake the pups that were nestled close to her on the pile of blankets. "How did it go?"

Cassus smiled, and bent to kiss her forehead. It made her smile, though she had to push down the feeling of  wistfulness that it caused in her heart.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/27/2018 12:43 PM

"It went really well - better than we had hoped" he said, smiling at her as he picked up one of the pups, giving him the space to slide in beside her. "They're sending a doctor over tomorrow to check on all of you, and he'll write out the birth certificates and perform our ceremony.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext