Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:49 PM

Cassus sat back, enjoying watching her eat as he ate his own out of the pan. In times past, he would never have considered using so many different things in a single dish, but he had been warned about the perishables he had bought and that she would need much more nutrition to feed their pups, and besides - they had a selection of herbs he could sell to the Landlady.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2256
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:50 PM

Cassus frowned at that thought, though he schooled his features into a neutral expression, grateful that Borealis hadn't seen him. He wanted to provide everything he could for his little family - he wanted them to enjoy life, to have everything they could never have even dreamed of before, but in order to do so he would have to leave them, and he dreaded even bringing it up.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:52 PM

Borealis sensed his mood change, and looked at him questioningly; knowing he would just cause her unease if he smoothed over it, he took her paw in his and smiled.

"I want to give you all the world, but to do it I'll need to go back to the rainforest soon, and I don't want to go - I don't want to leave you, for any amount of time" he said, rubbing the back of her fingers.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:54 PM

Borealis smiled, and squeezed his hand gently. "You already gave us the world - look at us, in a home of our own, no rent, good money, great food, healthy pups in luxurious clean clothes - we couldn't ask for more, Cassus." She glanced at their stockpile, which although it was depleted was still a good size, and sighed.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:56 PM

"What is it you want to buy?" she asked, looking around at their bare walls. It was the norm, as far as she knew, after all - the Slums were dirt poor, and many of them lived in dirt.

"I want to get somewhere to store clothes, and put things away. I want to get something for the floor, so it's not so cold or rough underfoot. I want to get more blankets, and new clothes for both of us, and something for Ebele - she's been so good to us" he murmured.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:58 PM

Borealis considered his ideas, and nodded her agreement. "Okay" she whispered, finishing the last piece of her omelette. "But nothing too overboard, okay? I know you're doing it for us - for all of us, and I know it's selfish, but I don't want you to go. I want you to put it off for as long as we can."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 7:59 PM

Cassus smiled, and squeezed her hand again. "Of course" he replied, the gentle smile on his face earning a small smile from her. "I don't want to go, either - we're okay for a while. And when I do go, I'll make sure you're all safe, and I'll return as quickly as I can - Ebele can stay here to protect you."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/16/2021 8:00 PM

They heard a hiss from Ebele by the doorway, and Borealis shook her head. "She goes with you - you'll need help to transport the jars, and you'll need someone to watch your back. We'll be safe here - we'll cover the window, and we'll let the Landlady know what's going on so she can keep an eye on us until you come back."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 7:34 AM

Cassus felt uneasy, but agreed for the time being to keep her happy. Though it was a big city, it wouldn't be hard for someone with connections to find them, especially if there was a rat at the Registrations Centre, and until they were properly bonded Kale could claim legal rights to the pups - the thought of him ever getting near them caused Cassus' hackles to rise.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 7:41 AM

Borealis put her spoon down, and moved to stand beside him without letting go of his hand. "Hey, look at me - we made it here, right?" she said, brushing his fringe away from his eyes. "We'll be ok, and you'll be there and back before you know it." She gave him a soft smile, and he returned it, before closing his eyes and resting his forehead against her stomach as she carded her hands through his long hair.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 7:46 AM

Within the week, he was back at the Landlady's stall, a smile growing on her face as he handed her the full jars from his knapsack. She paid him, and patted him on the shoulder. "And here I thought you needed my help when I saw you" she murmured gently, smiling at him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 7:48 AM

"You have no idea how much you helped us" he murmured in return, before thanking her and making his way to the Market stalls to replenish their supplies.

He also stocked in at the apothecary, to pick up a mortar and pestle on the advice of his Landlady - he had previously used a couple of rocks to grind his herbs, but she had advised they would be finer and without contaminants if he used a mortar and pestle instead.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 8:09 AM

Time was drawing nearer for Cassus to head out to the rainforest, and he was torn with indecision; on the one hand, the pups were growing well - now named, they were almost too big to fit in their clothes, and although Borealis was willing to sew new clothes for them, they still needed to buy more fabric in the first place, otherwise they would soon run out of blankets.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 3:36 PM

He sighed, and shifted slightly, waking Borealis who was sleeping on his arm again.

"Don't get up" she murmured, feeling him tense behind her before he wrapped his arm around her outside of the blankets.

Cassus buried his nose in her hair, and inhaled deeply, relishing the sweet smell of the soap they used mingling with her natural scent.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 3:38 PM

Borealis stretched out, tilting her head back slightly and yawning. "Are the pups awake?" she asked, before hearing them begin to cry.

Cassus chuckled, and kissed the back of her head. "I believe that's our queue to get on with our day" he murmured, rolling out of bed and tucking the blankets around her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext