Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 2:50 PM

"That's not really any of your business" Cassus replied stiffly, folding his arms, "but yes, I do; I intend to register the pups as my own."

The landlady nodded stiffly, and held out her paw for him to shake. "Congratulations, then; it seems I owe you an apology. If there is anything I can help with, let me know."

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 2:52 PM

Borealis raised her eyes as she heard the landlady apologise, and watched as Cassus nodded and shook her hand. She was a little stung, and a little offended, but she hoped this would be the end of the matter. As Cassus closed the door behind the landlady, she sighed and picked up one of the squirming bundles of fur for a feeding.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 2:54 PM

Cassus scowled, and made his way back to the bed, pausing to lift the two little girls into his arms as he sat down and positioned Borealis against him again.

He rubbed her shoulder comfortingly, and urged her to go back to sleep once she was done feeding the little ones, despite the certain knowledge that he himself would not be sleeping for a good long while.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:04 PM

The next morning, Cassus awoke bright and early, and very very hungry. With the stress of reaching Lamenolai and the birth, they hadn't eaten since before they left the inn the day before, and now he was feeling it. Carefully and quietly so as not to disturb his little family, he slipped out of bed and went to search through their meagre possessions for some breakfast.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:08 PM

Fortunately, they hadn't been able to collect the roosken eggs from the cages whilst travelling, so there were six eggs waiting for him. To these, he added some sweetgrass and other nutritious plants from their personal stores (kept separate from those they intended to sell) and began to build a fire in the fireplace with the last of the wood they had brought with them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:25 PM

Borealis stirred as she smelt the frying omelettes, and the three pups protested as she gently moved them aside and sat upright, inhaling the delicious smell of breakfast. She was very tired, and her body felt drained and sore from the previous day's strain. She yawned and stretched, and carefully slid her legs over the side of the bed.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:26 PM

Cassus' ear twitched, and he turned his head to see that Borealis was awake. He smiled at her, and returned his attention to the omelette he was cooking, as he did not want it to burn. Once it was done, he cut it into two portions (with hers being slightly bigger) and placed hers in the bowl on the table.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:28 PM

Cassus wiped his hands clean, and strode over to the bed to help Borealis stand up. He held her as she took tentative steps forward, getting used to using sore muscles, and then guided her over to her chair. He watched as she hungrily gobbled the omelette up, and when she was done, he slid his own portion into the bowl and began eating.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:30 PM

Borealis licked her lips; the omelette had been very tasty, and very badly needed. She already felt better, more awake and less fatigued than she had before breakfast. She frowned, realising that she would need to eat more often than they had been, and that was going to be a bigger problem than they had thought about.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:32 PM

Borealis almost sighed with relief when Cassus announced his intention to leave the city on a supply run, though she worried about being left alone. He reassured her that he wouldn't go until the pups were a few weeks old, and that they had enough to survive on until then, especially if he could sell their wares at the market.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:34 PM

As Cassus cleared their breakfast things away and washed up (they had a sink with running water; Borealis almost couldn't believe the luxury!), Borealis sniffed at herself and grimaced. Coming from the Slums, she wasn't as fussy about hygiene as she was sure others in the city would be, but she had given birth the day before and she felt sticky and uncomfortable.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:37 PM

She voiced her feelings to Cassus, and he agreed to help her bathe. He ran the bath half-full of warm water, and though they had no soap, he scattered a handful of some sweet-smelling herbs into the bathwater that caused a slight lather.

Cassus eased Borealis down into the tub, and began to carefully wash her with a clean rag.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:39 PM

Borealis lay back in the warm water and enjoyed the sensation of being cared for by someone else. The gentle caress of the rag soothed her aching muscles, and his slight touches sent shivers down her spine. She was enjoying his attention, and part of her reveled in it whilst part of her felt ashamed for being so needy.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 3:58 PM

Cassus swallowed thickly; he couldn't help himself, with the way she was groaning. Something had awakened in him with the birth of the pups, and though he was sure he didn't love her yet, he was already thinking of her as his mate. He forced his shaking hands to be steady, and hoped he wouldn't lose his self-control.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 4:02 PM

After her bath, Cassus helped Borealis slide into their bed, though he removed the blankets that were sweaty. Borealis sighed with pleasure at the thought that they could now wash their things with hot water, and cuddled their little balls of fur to her chest. She felt totally at peace, for the time being, and fell asleep to the sounds of Cassus washing the blankets and hanging them above the tub to dry.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext