Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:43 PM

Borealis winced at the shocked look on his face. She had expected surprise, but now she could hear the growl he was trying to suppress and she was scared; scared that he would leave her alone, scared that he would harm her, scared that she was about to have pups without a mate in an unfamiliar city. She shrank back into the blanket, and bowed her head in shame.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:47 PM

Cassus growled gently, and pulled her to him as best he could without climbing into the cart himself.

"I know you're pregnant; I'm sorry I scared you" he said as gently as he could, whilst holding her close. "Are you sure it's the pups? Should we get you to a doctor?" he asked, concerned, as his eyes zoomed left and right, taking in the passing crowd.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:49 PM

Borealis choked back a sniffle as she leaned into him, grateful for his embrace. He didn't seem to be leaving her yet, though she held little hope for once the pups had arrived.

She wiped the tear off her cheek, and drew in a shuddered breath. "No, no doctor, but we need somewhere to stay, somewhere I can-" she silenced herself, as a sharp spasm rocked through her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:53 PM

Cassus didn't finish her sentence; he squeezed gently, before letting go and pulling gently on Ebele's makeshift reigns. He didn't know where to go, but some instinct told him to follow the little alleyway they had pulled into. He hoped against hope that they would find somewhere soon - hot water would be too expensive, but a clean room would be a luxury.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 1:55 PM

Borealis winced as they were turned away from yet another place. It seemed painfully obvious that they were not a mated couple, and nobody wanted the shame of having unwed couples under their roof. She winced as the spasm rocked her body, closer together now than they had been, and began to cry as quietly as she could in her despair.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:01 PM

Cassus scowled as he turned away from the closed door; he was knocking on every door that advertised a vacancy, but nobody wanted such a disgraceful couple.

"Don't scowl dear, you'll never get anywhere like that" came a hoarse voice from beside him; he turned to see a grizzled old female with a white muzzle and a smile on her face.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:03 PM

Borealis looked up at the sound of the female's voice, trying to hide her tears as she did so. The voice was warm, and the female had a look in her eyes that implied she knew what their problem was.

"Sonny, there's no rooms available in this street - not for the less than fortunate, at any rate; why don't you follow me, and I'll show you a good place" she chuckled, and beckoned them to follow her, leading them further through the twisting streets.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:05 PM

Cassus glanced at Borealis, but her pale face made him determined; they had no other options, and though he didn't trust this woman, he was out of alternatives. He guided the cart through the streets behind her, until they came to a small house with a dusty window.

"Here you go" the woman rasped cheerfully, as she pushed a key into the lock and opened the door.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:07 PM

Borealis looked at the house and shivered; it looked reasonably warm, and though there was dust on the window she couldn't care less at the moment. She needed to get inside and make herself a nest, and she needed to do it soon; the pains were stronger now, and much closer together.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:09 PM

Cassus glanced into the house, and considered for a moment before he slipped the straps off of Ebele, who fixed him with a look.

"Check it out, girl? Make sure it's safe?" he whispered to her, glancing at the smiling woman by the door.

Ebele flicked her tongue in and out of her mouth, tasting the air, before she trotted into the house.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:11 PM

Borealis watched Ebele go with a mixture of hope and nervousness; they were running out of time, and although it was only mid-morning she feared they wouldn't find anywhere to stay if this place turned out to be a false hope.

She was relieved when Ebele came trotting out happily a moment later, and nosed Cassus gently, pushing him towards the door and gesturing with her tail for Borealis to follow.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:16 PM

Cassus nodded and patted Ebele's head, turning to the woman.

"We're a little short on money at the moment; what is it you want as payment? I have herbs I can sell in the marketplace, but I would need to sort out my companion first."

The woman gave a chuckle, and told him not to worry so much; she would be charging them a measure of only fifteen Keystones per night, or one Goddess Tear for the duration of their stay.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 2:24 PM

Borealis winced; their Goddess Tears were few, and precious, but if they only had to pay one to stay as long as they needed to, it would be better than agreeing to pay money they didn't have. Fifteen keystones a day was a lot, and she didn't know how long it would be before she could travel again.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:36 PM

Cassus frowned, but agreed. "I'll need it in writing though - I'm sure you understand" he said firmly, as he shook the female's hand. She let out a barking laugh, but agreed, and tapped him on the shoulder.

Cassus turned to Borealis, and held up his arms to help her out of the cart.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:40 PM

Borealis glanced at the female with gratitude, before she grasped Cassus' hands and clambered out of the cart as gracefully as she could manage, despite wincing every now and again. She leaned on him for support, and gently stroked Ebele's neck as they passed her on their way into the house.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext