Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 5:06 PM

Borealis smiled and picked up her pups one by one to feed them, as Cassus stretched and dressed himself, before collecting the eggs from the Roosken and cracking them into the pan with some onion and garlic, and setting it over the fire. A delicious smell soon wafted through the air, and he cut some ham and added it into the mix.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/17/2021 5:07 PM

"Breakfast is served" he stated, handing her the bowl and a chunk of bread as soon as she had finished feeding their pups. Borealis chuckled, and dug in with gust - she was always hungry these days, it seemed, though she often tried to hide it, worried she was consuming too much. She had tried to put off his venture to the Rainforest as long as she could.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/18/2021 5:05 PM

Cassus sat by the fire and watched as the pups began to wander around the floor for the first time, careful not to let them get too far or too close to anything which could harm them. He chuckled as the littlest girl wobbled over to him and tried to climb him, wagging her tails when he picked her up.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/18/2021 5:06 PM

It was difficult to imagine being his solitary self, back in the Slums; difficult to remember who he had been. He was sure that if his mother could see him now, she would have been very glad for him.

He sniffled at the thought of his mother, and a lone tear rolled down his cheek to drip from his chin.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/18/2021 5:07 PM

As if they sensed his upset, all three pups began to cry, and Cassus gathered them into his arms, shushing and coddling them until they were rocked to sleep my his gentle motions. He moved over and lay in the bed with them snuggled up to his chest, tickling the feet of the little girl who had first approached him on the floor.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/18/2021 5:08 PM

Borealis felt tears roll down her face at the sight of Cassus caring for the pups. Granted, he had always helped her with them, but this was the first time since their birth that he had handled them on his own, and the sight of it had her heart spilling out of her eyes, watching him being a father to pups that were not his blood.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/18/2021 5:10 PM

"What's wrong?" Cassus muttered, concerned as he slipped off the bed and went over to join her, placing one hand on her shoulder as naturally as if he had always done it.

Borealis wiped her face and smiled despite the wet streaks on her cheeks. "It's nothing, I just - you really love them, don't you?" she asked, smiling up at him through wet eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 5:51 PM

Cassus's eyes opened wide, and his face split into a grin as he pulled her into his arms in a tight hug, burying his nose in her hair.

"Yes" he declared, elated as the word left him. "Yes I do - they're mine, and we're all yours." He couldn't believe how high the realisation had left him, but he meant it from the bottom of his heart.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 5:52 PM

Borealis wrapped her arms around him, more gently than he was holding her but still holding on tightly, for a moment feeling safe in his arms. The realisation that he truly loved her pups - that it wasn't just a passing fancy, or obligation, but that he really, truly cared for them, made her heart feel like it was bursting and swelling at the same time.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 6:02 PM

Cassus let her ease back away from him a little, but kept her in his arms as he slid his hands down her arms to hold her hands.

"It doesn't - loving them doesn't mean you have to love me" she mumbled, insecurity escaping her despite her happiness, and in truth, her relief that her pups would not be alone if anything happened to her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 6:04 PM

"And? Does it matter if it's because of them or thanks to them or just because I want to?" Cassus replied, squeezing her hands. He didn't expect her to reply, or respond, or return the feeling - he just felt something settle inside himself, and it made sense to him to express it. They were mated, they had pups, it was his family, to him that was love - that was everything.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 6:08 PM

Borealis raised a shaky hand to brush her hair out of her face, and Cassus took advantage of his free hand to wipe her tears, smiling down at her gently.

"I'm here, and I'll be here until you're ready, and then we'll be here together" he murmured, quiet and steady now in the weight of the moment as he held her gaze.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 6:09 PM

"What if I'm never ready?"

The question came out as a whisper, and although Borealis' tails twitched and her ears dropped, she kept his eyes on his, glassy eyes full of hope as she almost held her breath waiting for his answer.

"Then I guess I'll be here forever waiting for you" he murmured, head tilted to one side and grin on his face.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 6:11 PM

At that, it was as if a dam had broken; Borealis surged forward to kiss him, arms wrapping around his neck to hold her to him.

Cassus caught her, deepening the kiss even as he gentled it, slowing it down until they were merely pressing their lips against one another, until at last they parted and he pulled her to lay her head on his chest, his chin resting on the top of her head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/19/2021 6:13 PM

The pups began to squirm and cry, and Borealis squeezed his neck gently before pulling back, smiling at him through glassy eyes as she stepped toward the bed to tend to the pups.

Cassus followed her, laying down on the other side of the bed so the pups were sandwiched between them and tickling the little boy as Borealis comforted his sisters.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext