Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:43 PM

Cassus all but carried Borealis into the small house; it appeared to be a flat with a fireplace which had a small hearth, some basic furniture in the way of a double bedframe and some chairs, and a small water closet separated from the main room by a curtain. The small window let in a surprising amount of light, and the room smelled a little musty, as though it hadn't been used in a while.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:45 PM

Borealis winced, and sat down on the closest chair. Though relieved that they had found a place to stay, she was terrified of what she would be going through in just a little while. She watched as the old female wrote out the agreement on a piece of paper from one of her pockets, and handed it to Cassus.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:47 PM

Cassus pocketed the piece of paper and handed over the Goddess Tear from the pocket in the bag he was carrying. The woman held it up to the light, and chuckled again before bidding them good day and leaving.

Cassus turned to Borealis, and felt her forehead, creasing his brow with her rising temperature.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:50 PM

Borealis sighed as she felt his cool hand against her forehead; it was soothing, but she knew he needed to unload the cart before somebody noticed it.

"Cassus, what are we going to do about the cart?" she whispered, opening her eyes to look at him; in their rush, they had completely forgotten to consider that problem.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:52 PM

"Shhhh; let me take care of that - you just rest" Cassus soothed; in truth, he had already considered that problem, but the easiest solution was going to mean a bit of hard work for him.

He tucked the blanket more securely around her and placed his bag on the table, before heading out the door to begin unloading the cart.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:54 PM

Borealis watched as Cassus brought their meagre belongings into the small house. The jars and hides they had brought to sell were arranged in the corner of the house away from the hearth and window, and covered with a blanket to keep them in the dark. She sighed, and cried out as a particularly sharp pain hit her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:56 PM

Cassus almost dropped the jars he was carrying when he heard her cry out; abandoning them in the middle of the floor, he flew to her side and grabbed her hand.

"Borealis, are you alright? Was it a contraction? Are the pups coming?" he asked frantically, searching her face with his eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 3:58 PM

Borealis grimaced, then relaxed as the contraction faded.

"They're getting closer" she panted, holding his hand tightly as the sweat beaded her brow. "Please hurry - I'm scared, Cassus, I don't know what we're doing" she whimpered as she began to sob, terrified about her future, unmated and about to become a mother in an unfamiliar place.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:00 PM

Cassus placed a quick kiss on her forehead for reassurance, and jogged out of the door to unload the cart. As fast as he was able, he brought things into the house, placing them on the floor to be sorted out afterwards. The straw he placed on the bed as a makeshift mattress, and covered it with their blankets, knowing that in a short while she would need to lie down.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:09 PM

Borealis grimaced, and opened her eyes to see him carry in the wheels of the cart. She watched, amazed, as he brought in each piece of the cart, and finally shut the door after Ebele trotted in. She sighed and rubbed her stomach as Ebele came up to her and sniffed her, before nuzzling her gently.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:11 PM

"That's everything" Cassus stated, carefully moving the roosken cages onto the table. He glanced up at Borealis, watching her wince, and sighed as he realised where they stood.

"Come on" he said gently, moving to take her hand. "Let's get you onto the bed - we don't have long, and you need to get ready."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:13 PM

Borealis made a sour face, but nodded and took his hand. She knew he was right, and it wasn't something she could put off - the contractions were too close together now, and she would be giving birth very soon.

Carefully, she climbed onto the bed, where he placed a rolled-up blanket under her head and took her hand.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:15 PM

Cassus squeezed her hand and covered her with more blankets, before moving to put their stores away and clean up as best he could. For the time being, there was very little he could do for her except be there, and he had already made up his mind to stay by her side. Now it was just a case of waiting.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:21 PM

Borealis gasped, as she felt her insides tug and squeeze on their own. It was time, and the pups were coming, and she wasn't ready. She began to whimper and cry, as she raised her head searching for Cassus. She didn't want to have Kale's pups, she didn't want to be alone, and she didn't want to be scared.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/24/2017 4:23 PM

Cassus grabbed her hand and soothed her cries. Though he had never been present at a birth, instinct took over and he hushed and soothed as best he could. He helped her undress, and though he blushed a little, he knew that what he was doing was more important than any embarrassment.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext