Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part B (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2017 7:27 AM

Borealis sighed, and Cassus leaned forward to stroke her head.

"I'll find someone to perform the ceremony tomorrow" he murmured, gazing at the pups in her arms.

She nodded, but her heart was heavy, and she wondered idly if this was what he really wanted, or if he simply didn't want the guilt of abandoning her with pups.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2017 7:29 AM

Fear gripped her heart, and almost made her stutter as she spoke. "Don't do it if you- if it's not what you want, if it's just guilt. I don't want to be a regret" she sobbed, wishing she could curl up and hide from him. She hated being weak, and this was her at her worst, most vulnerable state.

"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2017 7:32 AM

"I won't regret it, and it's not guilt, please don't look at it like that. I want to be here for you - for all of you - and this is the surest way to protect you all. It's a promise, not a sentence."

He surprised himself with how much he meant it, and now there was absolutely no doubt in his mind about it. He wanted to be a part of this family, regardless of how it had come to be.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2017 7:34 AM

Borealis couldn't help the tears that ran down her face; she tried to reach for him, but the pups cried out in protest and she hushed them, feeling foolish and ashamed for her outburst.

She was taken by surprise when he slid under the covers beside her, and positioned her against his chest so that he could hold all of the pups whilst she cried.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2017 7:35 AM

Some time later, when her sobs had turned into sniffles and the pups had fallen asleep again, he nuzzled the top of her head gently to get her attention.

"Have you thought about names for them?" he asked; he didn't want to rush her, but it would be nice if he could register the pups at the same time as the mating ceremony was conducted.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/27/2017 7:37 AM

Borealis shook her head as best she could without removing it from his chest. The comfort he provided was immeasurable in her fragile state, and though she hated herself for it she was clinging to him like a whelp.

"I haven't considered it" she admitted sorrowfully; the pups had only just been born and she was already failing them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:21 PM

As if he had read her mind, Cassus chuckled. "I'll see if I can pick up a list of baby names when I go to the market" he muttered softly into her ear, smiling as he looked down at the pups snuggled against them. He hoped that such a thing would be easy to acquire in the bustling city.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:26 PM

Borealis sighed, and relaxed against him; it was comforting to be held in his embrace, even if the sting of his realistic view on their situation hadn't quite faded yet.

She gently lifted the little male's paw, and smiled when he clutched onto hers in his sleep. Wonder gripped her as she realised these were her children, and Cassus would soon be her mate.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:31 PM

Cassus jolted awake, all senses alert, as another knock hit the door. Beside him, Borealis trembled, and tugged the pups tighter to her chest; it dawned on Cassus then that she thought it was Kale outside, and a surge of protectiveness had him striding towards the door without bothering to put a shirt on.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:33 PM

Cassus threw open the door, braced for an impact, and promptly lost all his wind when he noticed it was the landlady standing there cheerily, holding what looked like a basket of goods.

"I thought the pups may have arrived by now, and stopped by to congratulate you" she said, as she bustled past him into the house.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:35 PM

Borealis looked up with relief when she heard the landlady's voice, but it was short-lived. She cringed as she watched the landlady's face turn to stone when the realisation hit her that the pups looked nothing like Cassus, and all but wilted under the glare she received from her as she turned to confront him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:38 PM

Cassus found himself face to face with the landlady's scrutinous gaze, and he held himself as upright as he could, refusing to be intimidated.

"These aren't your pups" she stated, glaring at him. He met her gaze, and spoke as calmly as he could; "Not by blood, no, but as soon as we get them registered they will be by everything that matters."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:40 PM

Borealis winced at Cassus' icy tone, and cradled the pups closer to her, though she didn't know if the comfort was for her or for them.

"And just whose are they?" the landlady demanded, shoulders squared as she looked up at Cassus. "I'll not have kidnappers hiding in my house, and I certainly won't allow a rightful father to be kept from his litter!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:42 PM

"There is no rightful father" Cassus snarled as his temper got the better of him. He glanced at Borealis, and shut his mouth, as he realised he had said too much.

"This wasn't consensual" Borealis whispered, shame flooding her voice. "The male who sired these pups did so against my will and wishes, and he hunts us, though he does not know I was carrying them."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/29/2017 1:46 PM

Tilting her head down, Borealis could not see the pain and guilt that flashed across the landlady's face, though Cassus' sharp eyes didn't miss it. He folded his arms, and waited for her next move.

"Do you plan to take her as your mate, pups and all?" she asked carefully now, scrutinizing his face for signs of dishonesty.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext