Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

One Short Day in Lamenolai City

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 12:02 AM

Clop, clop, clop.

Olive was snoring gently, the horse's footsteps and the rocking of the buggy lulling her to sleep.  Her Draculi curled up on the floor of the carriage, keeping her feet warm from the draft flowing in.  It was mighty chilly outside, and the coachdriver they hired was a cheap one.  Olive didn't have much money, after all.  She felt a nudge in her side, but ignored it.  Soon the nudge became a light jab.  She moaned in response.  Though not in pain, she was quite annoyed at the disturbance.  "Go awaaaay..."  She slurred, turning away.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: [Hunting and Exploring] One Short Day in Lamenolai City

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 12:12 AM

The jab came again.  "Olive, c'mon, we're almost there, we need to tip the driver."  It was her faithful companion, Null the Bleeder.  In human form of course.  He wasn't a big fan of staying a Bleeder, due to the stigma surrounding them.  "You dragged me here, you aren't allowed a nap."
She dramatically sighed, drawing it out for a few seconds before finally shuffling herself up from her position, wiping drool from her mouth.  She heard her Draculi protest on top of her feet, and shivered at the cold air.  "Man, the winters are harsh here, huh?"
"Better the reason to stay HOME and INSIDE."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 12:15 AM

Olive rolled her eyes.  "C'mon Null, what else would we be doing?  Lazing around?  Doing nothing?  There's a whole world out there!"  Her eyes shined in that weird way when she thought about adventure, which always ended up winning her friends over and making them come with her.  Null was no exception, and couldn't help but admire her thirst for adventure.  The horse steps outside started to slow, signalling they were getting close.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 12:19 AM

The buggie suddenly lurched, almost causing the Draculi on the floor to fall over.  She hissed, annoyed, Olive attempting to comfort her.  "It's alright Lockett, probably means we finally got here!"  She gently picked up the cat creature, though it was perfectly capable of walking by itself.  She opened the cloth covering the outside and slipped out, Null following behind her.  It was dark out, and a chill swept through with every breeze of wind.  Null zipped up his hoodie, huffing in annoyance at the cold air nipping at his extremities.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 12:25 AM

The large horses were a bit intimidating, sweat rolling down their huge forms as their breath came out in bursts of white.  She wondered for a moment why the coachmaster used horses rather than any sort of monster, but she knew asking would just cause trouble in the end.  It looked like they were at some sort of security checkpoint, a fat guard who probably never ran in his life berating the driver.  Seemed like coaches needed some sort of pass to go into the city or something.  They looked like they might punch each other.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:03 AM

The coach driver finally seemed to give up on the fight, throwing his hands in the air and stomping back to his cart.  "End of the line."  He grunted.  "These purites or whatever the hecks don't trust my buggie, the gall of them."  He shot a glare to the guard, who continued to stare him down with crossed arms.
"Sorry about that."  Replied Olive, a bit confused but happy that there was no fight going on.  She dug out a few keystones and tipped the driver generously for his troubles.  He tipped his hat and vanished into the darkness within moments.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:07 AM

"Uhm, hello."  Olive ventured, nervously scratching the back of her head.  This guard hadn't seemed like too nice of a guy, but maybe she was just judging him too fast..?
"Passport."  He demanded, not even acknowledging her greeting.  He held out a grubby hand expectantly.  
"... Passport?"  She repeated dumbly, sneaking a look at Null.  He shrugged in response.  He had no idea they needed a passport to get into the city.
The guard sneered.  "Well, looks like yah gonna need to PAY me for one then, huh?"  He eyed Olive's cornpurse greedily.  It costs... Whatever you got.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:11 AM

Olive was starting to suspect that this may have been a scam, and that maybe this guy wasn't even a guard at all.  They were rather far from the city...  Maybe this was his plan?  To infiltrate tourist's caravans and force them to pay up?  
Suddenly, a booming voice erupted from behind the guard, making him yip in surprise and spin around at attention.  "What do you think you're doing, maggot?"  A strong female voice spat, staring him down.   She was much taller and muscular than him, and probably could lift and throw him across the continent without even breaking a sweat.
"N-nothing sir, j-just telling these tourists-"
"About your little scam?"  She boomed, causing him to flinch.  "I already warned you once, get your butt to the guard barracks before I decide to spear you right here for treason.  Our city needs tourists for the economy, not to line your damn pockets."  The man was gone before she had a chance to spit out anything else.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:15 AM

"I uh..  H- hi?"  Olive piped, barely able to hear herself over her own anxiety.
Who she assumed to be the guard captain's demenor changed immediately upon Olive addressing her.  Her voice and eyes softened.  "Hello child."  She said kindly, a polar opposite of who she was before.  "Sorry if I scared you, that horrible man has been harassing so many people lately.  I had to do something..."  It was then that Olive realized she had reptilian eyes.  And horns.
"You're not..?"
"Oh, of course not honey!"  She laughed.  "I'm no guard captain, I'm not even human, obviously."  She chuckled.  "I just couldn't stand by and watch him harass yet another traveler."  She turned to Null, who was quietly watching the whole exchange.  "I see you are not human either, but I don't quite recognize your species.  I hope it is not rude if I ask?"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:20 AM

Null was a bit surprised at being address, but composed himself quickly.  "I'm a Bleeder."  He noticed her giving him a surprised look.  "Yeah, not many of us can take human form.  I've been alive a while.  I think."
"Oh?  Well, I am pleased to meet your acquaintance.  I have lived a long life and have not yet met someone like you.  Happy to learn a new thing today."
"Um, sorry for interrupting, but can you show us to Lamenolai City?  The guy stopped our ride before we got there, and we don't really know how safe the way there is."  Her Draculi hissed next to her at the implication that it wasn't enough protection.
"Oh!  Of course I can.  Come, follow me."  She beckoned them with a clawed hand and went along the path.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:24 AM

They walked quietly in the dark for a while, the cobblestone crunching beneath their feet.  "My name is Cassandra by the way."  She said, looking back at them with a smile.  "I only just recently decided to claim my territory here.  I often notice the injustice that goes on around this path.  You know us Battlehearts, we can't back down from hunting some bad guys."
As they walked, they grew closer and closer to a large shape in the distance, which turned out to be a stone wall.  "Oh wow, I heard the city was surrounded by stone, but I didn't know how huge it was.."  Olive murmured, spellbound by the stone guardians sitting on the tops of the wall.
Cassandra's eyes glittered excitedly.  "Oh?  You've never been here before?  Please, allow me to show you around.  I have frequented this place often in human form, and I know a few fun places to go."
"Oh!  Please do, we'd love that!"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:34 AM

Cassandra flashed a toothy smile. "Fantastic.  I am sure we will enjoy our time."  She turned back briskly in time to face the (real) guards at the City's entrance.  The opening to the city was so tiny compared to the rest of it, almost in a comical way.  "Greetings."  She purred.
"Greetings Lady Cassandra."  The guard responded, obviously familiar with her.  He also probably thought she was a human.  "Our gates our closed for the night, but we can let you in since you are an honorary citizen."  He glanced at Olive and her company.  "I suppose your guests can come too, just don't tell my boss."  
"You sweet thing, thank you dearly."  She flirted, giving Olive a sneaky wink.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:44 AM

It took a while for the gates to screech open, Olive's Draculi covered her ears in response.  After a while it finally opened.  It wasn't as vibrant and bustling as she expected though...
"Well obviously not, Olive."  Null cut in, reading her mind in that weird annoying way he did sometimes.  "It's like 3am y'know!"
"..Oh."  She murmured.
Cassandra chuckled.  "Ah, I see you two have a soul bond?"
"No!"  Null said a bit too quickly, blushing.  "I just can read human minds easily.  Especially her's.  She's loud."  Olive shot him a glare.
The Battleheart's eyes shined mischievously, "I see."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:50 AM

Olive took in the sights as they walked through the city, looking closely at all of the empty stalls lining the streets.  "What did they sell here?"
"Oh, lots of things."  Cassandra replied, looking back to her.  "Different things every day.  Sometimes they sell herbs, sometimes charms, sometimes even pets."
"Pets?"  Olive started to get excited.
The Battleheart laughed, "Oh, a trainer are you?  Sadly it is not often that pets are sold here, especially the rare ones."
"Aw.."  Olive tried not to be too disappointed, the place was still amazing after all.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:55 AM

"Hmm."  Cassandra stopped for a second at a crossroads.  "One second, I don't quite remember the things that were open this late."
"Oh, it's okay Cassandra, we don't want to make you run us around everywhere!"  Olive said, worried they were dragging along the woman.
"Oh no, no.  This is the most fun I've had in a while.  I've forgotten how fun it was to talk to humans.  It has been so long since I really have."
"Okay, but please!  Let us know if we're too much though, I don't want to intrude on your time."
"You are very polite honey, but do not worry, my kind do not keep things to ourselves!  I would let you know if I did not want you."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate