Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: [Hunting and Exploring] One Short Day in Lamenolai City

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:58 AM

"Ah!  I remember now."  She turned to the left, eyes twinkling.  "There is a pub just a little ways of here.  It has many rare and exotic drinks!"
"Oh but..  I don't think I'm old enough to go to a pub though, Cass."  Olive said, worried she would ruin the fun.
"Oh, do not worry, they..  Do not really care there."  She chuckled a bit.  "I do not condone under aged drinking, mind you.  It is just they serve nonalcoholic drinks too.  Do not worry."
"Oh!  Good.  Even if I could, I don't really like alcohol anyways."
"And I don't plan to let you have any."  Null quipped in, frowning at Olive.  The girl didn't need to get even more brain-weird than she already was.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:50 PM

They walked along a dark path that was a tad foreboding, but probably much more inviting when it was actually daytime.  Olive started to get nervous as it seemed like they were heading through dangerous alleyways, and wondered if the place maybe was dangerous.  She let go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding when they finally arrived at a well maintained building entrance, glowing letters at the top reading "Drinks 'N Things."  In pink capital letters.  Seemed like a cute little place!  
"Here we are."  Cassandra purred, smiling back to her new friends.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:52 PM

They entered the pub, a sweet smell filling the air as soon as the door opened.  It was a cute place, with fuzzy soft chairs and bright decorations.  Looked like the furniture was from another continent, as Olive hasn't ever seen ones like these before.  There even was some pet beds for creatures to rest!  Which Lockett of course took advantage of instantly.
Null plopped himself on one of the chairs, sighing loudly.  Olive was surprised at how fast he relaxed, but realized why when he started snoring.  He must've been exhausted.  Though..  It was kind of weird to see someone sleep with their eyes open...

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 2:57 PM

Olive decided she'd take a seat too, allowing Cassandra to go up to the front to allow whoever worked at the place know they had a customer.  It was quite empty in the lounge, guess no one came this late to drink.  Or was it early?
Cassandra returned shortly, nodding at them.  "The server says we can sit anywhere, no one's around so it doesn't matter much."
Olive nodded happily in response, moving to wake up Null, but Cassandra stopped her.  "Allow him to sleep, I sensed his weariness the moment we met.  He cares much for you, but puts a lot of energy into worrying."  
"Aww, he's a good guy.  Monster.  Thing."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 3:01 PM

"So, how did you two meet, anyway?"  Cassandra inquired as they found a nice little booth to sit at.  The seats were very soft and fluffy.  She wondered if it was hard to clean stains off of the seats if someone spilled them?  She decided she would be extra careful while drinking, just in case.
"Well, I found him when he was still a Bleeder, just a spirit that fed on negativity, yknow."  She paused to breathe.  "I know people don't tame those guys, but I just felt so bad for it, shivering in the cold..  Well, I don't really know if they can feel cold.  But he certainly was shivering."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 3:06 PM

"I took him home.  I think he would have bitten me, if he had a mouth."  She chuckled.  "Scratched me up a bit.  But he seemed happy to be warm at least.  I decided I'd try to see if I could tame him."  She shrugged.  "That's all I guess."
"There has to be more."  Cassandra laughed, "Bleeders don't often act like him."
"Well..  I guess I just was kind to him, and eventually he had to learn to feed on kindness.  I guess feeding on kindness changed him somehow, made him sentient."
"Hmm.."  Cassandra wondered, "Perhaps all Bleeders can become like him, if taught?"
"Maybe."  Olive responded, though she started to frown, "But Bleeders cease to exist when their creator's heartbreak heals.  It wouldn't be fair to give something that's destined to disappear."
"Ah..  You are right.  Do you...  Know about the one who willed him into being?"
"... No."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 3:09 PM

"I do worry sometimes.  If maybe he still has the same rules as a regular Bleeder, yknow?  What if his person heals?  Will he be gone?  What will happen to his soul, if he has one?"  She sighed, worried.
"Do not think of it now."  Cassandra responded.  "Enjoy the now."
Olive nodded.  "Good advice."  She turned when she heard a ruckus, Null had woken up and was upset that they had left him.  "Well, looks like we're gonna get an earful."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 3:11 PM

Null was about to yell, but the waitress arrived just in time to break up the fight.  "Hello guys~"  She said cheerfully.  "Sorry about the wait, we had a bit of a mess in the kitchen."  
"Kitchen?  I thought you said this was a pub, not a restaurant."  
"Surprise!"  Laughed the woman, "I wanted to take you out as a thank you.  Please, allow me to treat you.  I very much enjoyed our talks."
"Oh wow!  Thanks!"
"Hmm..  I feel kind of dumb for not realizing this was a restaurant sooner.  Pubs usually don't have lobbies...  Or booth seats.."  Null said quietly, obviously annoyed that he hadn't figured out the surprise.  "Thank you though, we appreciate it."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 3:13 PM

Null sat next to Olive, Cassandra across from her.  "I'll have some mutton, please."  Cassandra ordered, flashing a toothy grin which made the waitress visibly uncomfortable.  "Ah.. Ok.  And you two?"
"Nothing for me."  Null said flatly.  Olive rolled her eyes.
"Cmon, get something!  It's her treat!"
"I don't eat."  He responded in the same flat tone.  The waitress looking on in obvious confusion.
"Doesn't mean you CAN'T eat!  C'mooon."  Olive whined.
"Fine, I'll have some...   Uh..  Noodles or something."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 3:17 PM

"I'd love some spiced rum and rice pudding!"  Olive said excitedly.  She heard this city made some great rice pudding!  Null shot her a glare.  "Non-alcoholic.  Obviously."  She added, giving him a look that said "I know what I'm doing!"
The waitress scribbled down the notes, looking as if she wanted to ask a question.  Probably regarding Null's order, as the Bleeder really hadn't been very clear with what he wanted.  She decided against it, instead asking, "would your Draculi want anything?"
"Oh!  We almost forgot about her!"  Olive exclaimed as the Draculi indignantly made their way towards them when she heard her name.  "Yes, what about some squid on a stick?  She loves that."  The cat meowed in approval.
"Yes, ma'm!  We'll have it ready soon."  And with that she was gone.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 7:05 PM

Olive and Cassandra chatted away while Null tried not to fall asleep at the table.  Lockett had to be comforted a few times, as she was complaining about being hungry.  Olive scratched her gently as they talked about random topics, and Null eventually drifted off.
He awoke with a start as the waitress put down their meal.  "Here you go!"  She said cheerfully before heading off.  Null thought he heard the front door open, maybe another tourist?  The smell of the noodles drew him in too much for him to care.  Despite not needing to eat, he did love a good meal every once in a while.  He gave it a taste.  Woah, spicy.  Well, it was his fault for not asking for it to be mild.  It wasn't bad at all though!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 7:27 PM

Olive was already devouring hers, Cassandra giggling at her voraciousness.  "Haha, you eat faster than I do in monster form."  She laughed, then began politely eating her own.  Null continued to eat in silence, feeling awkward that he wasn't paying for the meal.  It was pretty good, he just felt bad.  He hoped Cassandra knew he was thankful.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 7:31 PM

Olive looked up to smile and take a sip of the buttery drink she ordered when she noticed someone else come into the restaurant and sit down near them.  She went to wave, but noticed Cassandra stiffen.  "What's wrong, Cass?"
She was silent, her spine as stiff as a board.  "Hollowheart."  Was all she said, and Olive understood instantly.  She looked up with fire in her eyes.  "I do not know if he senses me, but the man that just came in is a Hollowheart in human form.  Perhaps he followed me here, I do not know."  She grew more frustrated as she went on.  "I am honorbound to challenge him, but I have spent so many months earning the trust of this city."  She softened a bit.  "Plus I wouldn't want to ruin our dinner."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 7:33 PM

"Let's just head out Cass.  If he's not nearby your instincts won't bother you as much."  Olive offered kindly.  "We can find somewhere to eat the leftovers."  Null agreed, feeling uneasy around the angry creature.  
Cassandra nodded.  "Yes, let's."  They waived the waitress over.  "We would like to pay.  Wrap up our food.  Now."
The waitress was taken aback by the change in personality, but knew enough to just follow her orders.  Olive felt bad for her, must be so confused by their ragtag group coming in the wee hours of the morning, and now she was probably scared too.
She returned after a minute, leftover bags in tow.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 7:35 PM

They left quickly, Cassandra muttering a thanks and tipping generously.  Hopefully that would make up for their abrupt leave and sudden rudeness.  Lockett mewed in protest when she was taken away from her milk, complaining as they went out the door, which attracted the vision of the cold eyed man.  
"Hmm.."  He murmured, looking at them for a few seconds.  Olive felt the heat of Cassandra's hatred, and prayed to the Gods that she would control herself.  Luckily, the man looked away to continue reading his paper, ignoring them fully.  Cassandra still needed some prompting to tear her eyes away, but they finally were able to leave.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate