Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Blind Date: Ty + Haneul

Postby Thunder » 02/20/2017 4:20 AM

(Move to Lamenolai once the event is over.)

Ty glanced at the sheet of paper in his hand, then at the name of the restaurant he had arrived at. Yep, this was The Black Draculi, all right. From what he knew, it was a pretty popular dining place in Lamenolai, with good food that wasn't wallet breaking. This was the location he was supposed to go to for his blind date, which, after some hesitation, he had signed up for at his friend Fleyrie's urging. He could still hear Fleyrie's voice in his head. "You gotta get out some more, Ty! Working all the time is gonna wear you down!"

He stepped into the restaurant and was met with a broad smile from the greeter, a young woman who was wearing a black vest and standing behind a podium. "Hello!" she chirped. "Welcome to The Black Draculi. Do you have a reservation?"

Ty returned the smile. "Yes," he replied. "I've got a reservation under the name Ty Garrison. It's for two. The other person should be here soon."

The greeter checked the computer and confirmed the reservation. She took two menus from a stack beside her and motioned for Ty to follow her. As they wove through the restaurant, Ty admired its interior. The obsidian tiled floor gleamed. The numerous tables, all filled with guests, were draped with elegant red tablecloths. Black Draculi photos hung on maroon walls, and statues of the felines were also scattered throughout the room, gazing at diners with their yellow eyes. A low chatter and the sound of tableware clinking filled the air.

The greeter led Ty to a table by the window. He sat down and thanked her as she poured water into the two glasses there and left the menus with him. He turned to look outside and wondered what the other person would be like. Hopefully, they would be pleasant.

((Not sure what form you prefer, pet or human? xD I can go with either~))

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Ty + Haneul

Postby FrostWynd » 02/24/2017 10:56 AM

(I don't mind either way! c: For now I can go with Haneul's humanoid form. I don't have any pictures of it, but it would have some features from his dragon form, and would look a little more dragon than human, if that makes sense? 'xD )

It was one of his clanmates that had insisted he'd do this. Take some time off and try meeting someone, they said, it'll be fun! But Haneul was finding what they considered as 'fun' to be rather odd. A blind date seemed like a bit of a strange choice of activity for them to suggest out of the blue. Not once did he realize what the timing of this suggestion happened to coincide with, as he was distracted with work and too busy complaining that he'd never even been on a date before. It took a lot of work just to convince him to go, but all that persistence from his clanmate had won out in the end.

He was practically boiling with nervous energy on his way to the restaurant, even his crest was fluttering quite a bit in response.

Not wanting to show up late, as that never looked good and was frankly unacceptable for him, he chose to fly to his destination. It was much faster than walking, and he could see everything much easier from up here. He keep a close eye on the streets he was passing by and followed the directions that he memorized earlier. The Black Draculi... Yes, that was the place right there! He turned to make his descent.

Alighting on the ground and landing lightly on his feet right outside, he stared at the exterior of the building for a quick moment. The name written on the sign had assured him that he was indeed at the right place. So all that was left now was to go in and meet with his blind date... Haneul couldn't help the nervous gulp and had to force his crest to stay still.

Once he went in and made the greeter aware that he was here to meet someone, he followed behind her to the table. Observing the interior decorating and atmosphere of this place, it all seemed pretty sophisticated in his eyes. Enough that he felt out of his element and started to wonder if he was out of place among everything. Even standing beside the young woman made it obvious that he was much shorter than your average adult human...

Again his crest was beginning to act up once they reached the table and Haneul finally got to see who his blind date was. The very next moment he suddenly spoke in his kind's tongue out of habit, and without really thinking... (Hello! You're Ty, right? I was matched with you for the blind date! I'm Haneul!)

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Ty + Haneul

Postby Thunder » 03/01/2017 1:59 AM

((Okies, I'll have Ty in humanoid form too then c: Guess that's not too big of a leap though since Nonagas are already bipedal xD))

Minutes passed, and Ty still waited patiently. He was sure his date would be here any moment now. Finally, a strange noise alerted him to direct his attention away from the window and towards his side, where an anthropomorphic sort of dragon had appeared. It had a fanciful looking crest atop its head and had a pair of wings with a pattern that reminded Ty of rippling water. Judging by its appearance and voice, it was a male. He was rather small compared to a human.

When the newcomer started speaking, Ty blinked in confusion. That was not a language he understood. It sounded almost (at least to him) like a bird chirping, though it was oddly monotone...if chirping could even be monotone. The one thing he did catch, however, was his name. "Ah, yes, I'm Ty," he said, smiling. "Erm, I didn't quite catch the rest of what you said, but I'm presuming you're here for the date...?"

He extended a hand, which had a strange texture on its scales, one that made it almost look diseased, though it was not. Ty had such spots all over his body, a relic of his past, and he hoped his date wouldn't be too concerned or grossed out by it.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate