Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Questions and Answers [P, Zap & I]

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/09/2017 2:31 PM

(Human form)

Ophelia's hands trembled as she held the letter, fingertips gently tracing back over the familiar handwriting. He's alive... A shaky exhale passed her lips, as she leaned heavily against the wall of the army's mail room. The letter from Elliot was the first one she had received from him in years. She had feared the worst for him, but even then, she had refused to return home. The Purine cause meant everything to her, even more than Elliot, though the thought filled her with guilt.

Shrugging off the heavy emotions, she folded the letter and slipped it back into her satchel, her usual neutral expression taking hold of her face once more. She took one last look around the room at her fellow soldiers before stepping out onto the streets of Lamenolai. At least the weather is complaisant, she thought, attempting to push an optimistic frame of mind as she strolled down the walkway. In truth, she was a bit nervous, but was masterfully ignoring it.

She was on leave for a week starting today, and was planning on returning to the Tuun Mountains for the first time in years. It was because of this that she was making her way towards the train station on the other side of the city.

*Edit for simple grammatical errors.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Re: Questions and Answers [P, Zap & I]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/10/2017 1:12 AM

(Human form)

It seemed Ophelia wasn't the only person on her way to the train station out of Lamenolai. Atlas was walking, collar turned up and hat brim covering his eyes, through the throngs of people outside. Any attempt to make much headway other than the set pace of the crowd was futile, so going with the flow of traffic, metaphorically, was the best course of action.

Of course, the fact still stood that Atlas hated crowds. But he dealt with them in his own way, mentally going over the train path to his next destination in his mind over and over until he felt he could recite the names of the towns en route backwards and in his sleep if he tried. His feet moved of their own accord as he focused on what was ahead, and who he was to meet, and what kind of air he should put on for the meeting. This was a delicate situation, even with the Monster felled and times relatively peaceful...

It was only natural that something would go wrong in a crowd. It seemed that ahead, there was some sort of violent commotion--Atlas jolted in surprise when the sound of a guard's gunshot rang through the air, the blast going vertically above the heads of those in the crowd. Atlas willed himself to be calm as he looked around, standing his ground as the crowd began to scatter. Why did it have to be now that some sort of fight broke out? If it was, indeed, a fight...

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/10/2017 1:53 AM

Ophelia had let her guard down shortly into her walk, and instead became lost in her thoughts. What would Elliot say when he saw her again? How was he doing after being holed up in Tuun for so long (the letter he sent had revealed nothing)? ... How would he react to her leaving once more? The warring questions in her mind were forgotten as she was suddenly jolted back into reality by a gunshot ringing out into the air.

The woman immediately sprung into action, grabbing fleeing pedestrians and moving them off the streets into safety. "Quickly, now," she said in a loud whisper as she pulled a woman and her three children into the heavily guarded treasury building. She managed to snag a group of teenagers and wrangle them into the same space, but the rest of the crowd was a lost cause, running in a disorganized panic. Fortunately, this gave her time to scan the new clearing and identify the nearby threat.

Across the street, the woman saw a Purine guard with his weapon pointed in the air as he struggled with an assailant. But that information hardly mattered when she spotted another innocent pedestrian near the fray. He's going to get himself killed! In an adrenaline-filled panic, Ophelia raced across the street to where the hatted man was standing - frozen in fear, she explained to herself - and dove into him, sending them both towards the ground just as another gunshot zoomed right over their heads.

Panting heavily, Ophelia watched the gun fall from the guard's hand, which convinced her she had enough time to check on the man below her before moving him to safety. "Are you alright?!" She asked hurriedly as she dropped her gaze back down to the man she had practically assaulted.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/12/2017 1:01 AM

Atlas had been attempting to see who was involved in the commotion. There was the Purine official, of course, but he couldn't quite make out the identity of whoever it was that was struggling to get away. The guard had the assailant in a headlock. If he could just get closer...

Suddenly he was slammed into by a great force, and he toppled to the concrete below with a sharp curse. The gunshot sound whizzing by registered a few seconds after he hit the ground. His eyes were wide and ears ringing, but there was no mistaking the sound of gunfire getting closer. The sound of the gun clattering to the ground made him jump slightly underneath his assailant--or perhaps rescuer--blinking dazedly at her against the bright light behind her. "Off," he muttered, pretty sure the back of his head had gotten a bit roughed up in the process of falling, but it wasn't awful. "I'm fine, yeah--let's get off the street, yeah?" He grunted, attempting to get up, whether or not she would move off of him. He'd be thankful later--he was still a bit floored by the sudden turn of events that he hadn't been expecting at all.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/13/2017 10:57 PM

The man below her looked dazed, and she cursed internally. She had done more help than harm, but only barely by looks of his grimace. She was so invested in scanning him for injuries that she missed his request, instead catching the second half of his sentence. It didn't hurt that he had began pushing himself up off the ground, either.

"Ah, right!" She scrambled off of him to the side, apologizing quietly. She hid her embarrassment by instead scanning the area around them, eyes landing on the two people still struggling. Nodding to herself, Ophelia quickly stood and grabbed the abandoned gun. Shoving it into the bag at her side, she turned to the man and checked to see if he was already on his feet, but had her hand out to offer help just in case.

[Sorry this is a little late, work has had me in for crazy hours this week!]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/14/2017 2:10 PM

[No problem!! Mine was later than yours, haha!]

Atlas shifted once she got off of him to check his vital signs. Everything still worked, despite the injury to his head (and really, it wasn't that bad, more a skid than a proper concussion). His eyes flicked to Ophelia, his brows raising in surprise when she snatched the gun and stashed it away. Most civilians... wouldn't do something like that, he thought to himself, staring for a few seconds before picking his hat up off the ground and standing. He wobbled a bit, but seemed either too proud or too cautious to take her hand.

"Come on," he whispered, casting one more glance at the two struggling, their backs fully turned to Atlas and Ophelia now--no chance in seeing who was being detained, now. It was safer and better for the both of them to get out of there and not be seen. Atlas darted into the nearest building, hoping Ophelia was behind him (after a stunt like that, he needed to check her out, find out if she was anyone more significant than a bystander). It looked to be a store of some kind that sold clothing. Atlas adjusted the hat on his head to hide his eyes a bit better (luckily it also covered the blood in his hair, which would've been alarming to whatever patrons were in the store as well).

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/14/2017 7:25 PM

Ophelia's brows drew together in what could be read as either concern or annoyance. She kept her eyes on the stranger's unstable form, but remained aware of the grappling pair off to her side. She watched him glance towards the fray. Maybe he was still wary? Her concern quickly turned to shock as the man dashed off towards a building. She stood there for a moment, as if still processing how he went from shaky to sprinting, but quickly followed suit.

Her lithe form and years of training allowed her to catch up with the man rather quickly, despite his head start and unusual level of agility. The two entered the shop, and Ophelia did her best to keep up with the man as he made his way towards the back of the shop. It is as if he cannot stay in one place, she observed, mouth quirking downward in thought. It was as she was studying him that she noticed the smallest spot of blood on the brim of his hat.

"Wait," she broke the silence, and tugged on his sleeve to get his attention (rather than grabbing his wrist). She didn't want to spook him after such a traumatic experience, after all. "You are safe now, so allow me to check you for injuries." Still holding on to his sleeve, she attempted to guide him towards a bench outside of one of the dressing rooms, while her other hand rummaged in her bag for first aid supplies.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/16/2017 3:45 PM

Atlas gave a nod to the person at the counter as he passed, hoping to keep up a casual air. It was difficult, given there were actually several people in the store who were nervously chattering about the commotion outside. A few of them were on mobile phones, calling loved ones to tell them that things were fine. He tensed when his sleeve was grabbed, and he turned to stare at Ophelia, distrust flashing across his face before he smoothed it over with an aloof look. "If that would make you happy, I suppose it's fine," he said, vague.

He never was particularly good with women--a shortcoming, as a spy.. She looked determined to help, however, and to turn her down would be silly, especially given that he was in fact bleeding. He sat down where directed, looking up at the signs hanging from the ceiling designating mens' clothing, womens', children's, et cetera. "Thank you," he offered, not wanting to seem cold. "I hadn't realized bullets were flying until you knocked me down. Could've been a lot nastier than it ended up." It was only partially a lie (for he'd been extremely aware of the gunshots), but it didn't matter much. "What's your name?" he asked, after a moment of silence watching her search through her bag.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/16/2017 6:48 PM

Ophelia let a small, tired smile grace her lips for a short moment as the stranger allowed himself to be led by the loose grip on his sleeve. However, she had to stifle a sigh at his obvious wariness of her. As he sat, she began pulling out the first aid supplies she tended to carry with her, completely focused on helping the man she had unintentionally harmed.

The gruff thanks didn't escape her notice, however, and a more genuine smile spread across her face. The man reminded her of Elliot, in a way, with his awkward mannerisms and reluctant nature. The woman quickly shook the thought away, however, and instead opened her mouth to reply. "It's not rare for one to go into shock in such circumstances," she soothed, looking up from her small pile of supplies with a sympathetic frown. "And this could have been better, though. I should have been more careful."

She suddenly clamped her mouth shut and turned back to the gauze she had gathered, not wishing to acknowledge her failure further. The woman looked back up in surprise, however, as the man asked for her name. Relaxing a bit, she replied quietly, "Ophelia." She then slid on a medical glove, and reached out her hand slowly towards his hat. "May I remove your hat, Mr. ...?" She glanced at him expectantly.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/18/2017 2:42 PM

Ophelia. The name didn't ring any immediate bells, so Atlas was content to temporarily write this encounter off as a random, non-calculated happenstance. "I prefer a little knock on the head to a bullet through it," he mused quietly, cringing internally at his gruesome language. Talking like that in front of a lady was never wise, unless that particular woman was used to this sort of thing. Perhaps any woman who carried gauze and medical supplies beyond a box of bandaids in her bag was no ordinary woman.

"Aaron," he gave a random false name, knowing his true name and codename were off-limits, no mater how innocuous the situation seemed. His sharp blue eyes watched her hand as it moved towards his hat, but didn't flinch away this time. "Miss Ophelia, I'm glad you saved me--but I was trying to get a look at whoever that guard was grappling with. You didn't happen to see their face, did you?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/24/2017 6:00 PM

Ophelia smiled grimly at his attempted... joke? Comforting words? Either way, she appreciated the gesture. After, when he spoke his name, her smile softened into something less of a grimace. "Aaron, then." She had just moved to set her fingers on either side of his hat when he spoke once more.

He was trying to get a look at the assailant's face? Her lips tightened. So he was trying to be a hero. The woman lowered her hands away from his head and crouched down in front of him instead, the silky fabric of her knee-length dress just brushing the ground. "Aaron," she whispered quietly, still trying to keep her tone soothing. "I do hope you were not trying to be a hero out there." She frowned and moved to sit next to him, instead, her form turned slightly to face him.

Sighing, leaned forward with her elbows on her knees. "I did manage to catch the faintest glimpse of his face," Ophelia muttered, just loud enough for the man to hear. "Just before I acquired the weapon and removed it from the premises, actually." She closed her eyes, drawing up the image of the assailant from earlier. "The man was clean-shaven, with a slightly-crooked nose, I believe?" Unfortunately, she couldn't remember much. "This is all I can recall, I'm afraid."

She clasped her hands in her lap and opened her eyes once more. "Why are you interested in his face?" Her gaze searched Aaron's face inquisitively. "And also, if you want to be asking me questions, you should at least let me treat you while I answer them." She gestured to his head with a breathy chuckle.

[I'm so so sorry, Zap! Work has left me in a tired stupor for the past week. Fortunately, the brunt of it is over, and I should be able to post more regularly now. Sorry, again! ><'']

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/03/2017 2:39 AM

[It's completely alright!! I just finished finals and it was a heckuva ride, sorry I was slow as well! Don't ever worry about taking a long time, I know life comes first! <3]

Somehow, Atlas was beginning to detest this woman's demeanor and voice. It was gentle and soft and clearly trying to help--so he wasn't sure why his chest felt so tight with irritation. Perhaps it was because he felt as though he was being treated like a child being scolded. It didn't help that her description of him was vague as could be--but he shouldn't be so unfair. He hadn't seen a thing. She truly was helping, far more than he was able.

Maybe that was the other reason why he felt so angry so suddenly. Being taken care of was not one of his strong suits. It made him feel a bit insecure in his own skin, bloodied as it was. Of course, none of this registered on his face--one of the quintessential parts of being a spy is knowing how to mask your emotions perfectly. His icy stare was as flat as always, a blue curtain hiding his thoughts from the outside world.

The crooked nose bit was helpful, at least. "I was just... wondering, you know. They sometimes post more recent wanted criminals in the news. I just wondered if there was one still in the city. Knowing this place, most criminals probably skip town and run off, since security here is so good." He winced, smiling awkwardly at her--an act, all of it. Sometimes he hated lying, especially to such earnest people. "I'm kind of a crime nut. I like those sorts of dramas on television a lot. Guilty pleasure I guess... I shouldn't have gotten tangled up in it, though." He blinked at her words, then swallowed his pride and smiled slightly. "Alright. That's a fine condition." He even leaned his head a little closer so that she could reach it more easily.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 05/04/2017 1:14 AM

Ophelia felt her heart constrict as the young man explained himself. He was so young... And already interested in such dangerous things. To be fair, though, everyone besides Elliot was young compared to her. The you- ... the man had the right to choose what he did with his life, and Ophelia wouldn't be the one to stop him. In that moment, she felt a connection with Aaron. She had also chosen a life of heroics, after all, even if it was only recently.

The woman smiled ruefully as Aaron leaned towards her, finally accepting her offer to help. "I apologize for chastising you," she murmured, almost embarrassed. "You are quite old enough to make your own decisions, and it is quite honorable that you pursue a path of justice." Ophelia slowly removed the hat from her patient's head, careful as to not jostle any wounds or startle him. Setting the hat down next to him on the seat with one hand, she brought up the other hand up to the nape of his neck.

"After all, it was just three years ago that I joined the service." It was unusual for her to make conversation with strangers outside of the Purine army, but to speak with Aaron felt natural. The two were quite similar, it would seem. "Please tell me if you encounter any pain, discomfort, or dizziniess - at any time," Ophelia instructed. Continuing her examination, she slowly slid the fingers of one hand up the back of his head, checking for open wounds.

As that hand perused the area of the injury, Ophelia's other hand sought out gauze, using it to wipe up the blood she came across.

[Thank you. And same here! c: I hope finals went well for you! <3]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/22/2017 10:14 PM

[Thank you!! They were a stressful time but I got them done just fine! <3]

Atlas' eyes closed while the shadow of his hat passed over his face, then opened them when it was set aside, pupils barely shrinking with caution at the touch to his nape. He blinked it away and allowed himself some genuine surprise at her next statement, though in a way, it all made sense. Like he'd observed, not just any person would keep such supplies in their bag. "I wouldn't have guessed by looking at you that you were a Purine soldier. Are you a medic?" he asked, letting a few drops of fabricated, almost childish wonder slip into his voice. "That's a dangerous job... wow," he murmured, which wasn't a lie at all. A spy's work and a medic's work were very different--one in the shadows, and one sometimes on the battlefield.

He stayed very still as she examined him, jaw barely tensing as she passed over the rather nasty wound on the back of his head. He murmured a curse, then cleared his throat. "You're fine. Keep going--and... thank you for this," he added, softly, dropping his act for a moment to be genuine. Even if this woman was his enemy, he was never one to snub kindness from strangers.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 06/06/2017 10:34 PM

Ophelia let out a near-silent hiss as her fingers trailed over a large scab. That must have been quite the hit that he took... She continued to gently graze the area to make sure no debris was trapped in the wound. Though she was focused on the task at hand, she felt herself smile at the man's curiosity.

It surely wasn't the first time she had surprised someone by being part of the Purine army. "Yes, I suppose you can refer to me as such," she murmured. As she spoke, she brought her other hand up to move some of Atlas' hair caught in the drying blood. She continued her explanation as she began to gently clean the area with a dampened cloth. "Though I have been trained in various fields as a foot soldier, my superiors found that I excelled in the healing arts rather than combat."

Careful as not to disturb the clotting of the wound, Ophelia wiped Atlas' skin clean. After completing that task, she switched the dampened cloth for her disinfectant and gauze. As she quickly and expertly began dressing the wound, she smiled once more down at Atlas. "I tend to agree with them on that front," she chuckled, referring to her finesse at first aid compared to her botched "rescue" attempt.

"You are welcome," she nodded to him, beginning to toss away the bloody cloths and used materials. "I was merely fixing my own mistake." She smiled ruefully as she packed away her supplies. Then, as almost an afterthought, she placed the hat upon her patient's head once more.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items