Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Not Meant For Me [Ari/Spring][M:E]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/03/2017 1:50 AM

(Human/Vampire Form. Mordecai)

"Mordi! You're on in ten!" The unpleasant shrill of his night manager's voice came clearly across the speaker in his dressing-room as Mordecai leaned back in his comfortable chair, and steepled his fingers in thought. This was his sixth concert on his "Sex, Blood, and Rock N' Roll" tour, and already he was bored. Bored with the songs, bored with the crowd, bored with the managers, bored with the rest of his band. Then again, being bored was sort of a staple of his existence. It was part of being a vampire. It was also part of being who he was in the limelight - his band, his persona, his calling - Bloodcross.

Licking his fangs, and worrying his left with his tongue, he rose from the chair and crossed to the vanity on the other side of the room. He peered into his reflection and saw someone he didn't recognize staring back at him. It wasn't the first time. His hair color changed daily, as he went through the shift in personalities onstage. It wasn't difficult, juggling the self and the showman, but it was tedious. This whole thing was tedium personified. He had more than enough money to do whatever he wanted, to whomever he wanted to. His fortune could buy him any house he cared to name. Yet... something was missing. Something that years on the rock circuit hadn't been able to quench.

Maybe that's why he was here. Whatever the case.

He took his time getting ready and snagged his special microphone on his way to the stage. The band was ready to go and understood that he was not exactly in the best of moods. They were smart. He liked that. Moving onto the stage, he heard his fans go wild and grinned widely. More cheers. There were vampires in this audience. He saw them. They saw him. Good. About time someone challenged the status quo.

The opening song took off on a soaring note, and he started to sing his hit single, "What I Crave" - the crowd especially liked the chorus. During the pause between songs for the cheering, he mentioned to one of the staff that he'd like someone to be chosen from the audience for... later. He was, after all, always a bit peckish after a long show.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Re: Not Meant For Me [Ari/Spring][M:E]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/03/2017 11:10 AM

Chantrea.  Human form.

It hadn't been easy, convincing her parents to buy her tickets to a concert entitled "Sex, Blood, And Rock 'N Roll"--even after Chantrea had pointed out that it was her favorite singer that was the lead of the band.  At first, they'd considered sending her adopted brothers with her--they were adjusting to their status as vampires, even if their Sire was still nowhere to be found, and they were fiercely protective of their adopted sister.  Finally, however, Chantrea had convinced her parents that she could take care of herself, and that she would be coming straight home after the concert was over, and she'd gotten out of the arena.

The arena was full, and Chantrea had to fight for her spot, but that hadn't been hard--her yellow eyes gave her an almost intimidating edge, and at least three other vampires had approached her and attempted to make conversation, only to slowly draw away when they realized she had no idea what they were talking about, and that she also lacked fangs.

When he came on the stage, though, Chantrea couldn't help but scream like everyone else.  While she would loathe to admit that she was a "groupie", that's more or less exactly what she was.  Even better, he was starting off with one of her favorite songs.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/03/2017 7:36 PM

The next two songs went smoothly, and by the time he had hit song four, he had the crowd screaming and chanting his name. That was something of an amusement at the very least. Regardless of whether or not he continued, he still had the eyes and hearts of everyone in those stands and all the people in the mosh-pit as his willing slaves. For some reason, the thought tickled him a bit, and he chuckled under his breath as he grabbed the microphone after the fourth song. They were already riled up - time to stir the pot.

"How are all you Bloodbabies out there?" he called into the microphone, tagging a term for his fans that he'd gleaned from the internet. People talked on forums. It wasn't hard to research. "Are you all enjoying the music, or do your black little hearts want more?"

An overwhelmingly loud 'MORE!' rang through the stadium, carried by pretty much every voice in there. Mordecai laughed, and beamed at them, light glinting off one fang in the lopsided expression. "Alright, alright. Don't stake me just yet - I have more coming for you, and we're going to debut a couple of new songs for you guys. Are you ready?"

The cheering was all the answer he needed as he launched into one of his particularly sexualized songs, "Taste of You" - which used plenty of allusions to sexual contact. None of the fans knew that the song was really about him and his Sire, and how the older man had seduced him into thrall. They just knew it was about gay sex, and that was enough for them.

While he was singing, he had one eye on a few staff members from his crew weaving in and out of the crowds. It was easy to pick them out by sight alone - bright orange shirts tended to do that. He watched the staff members pick out three boys, and three girls. Perhaps he'd take all six. It had been a while since he'd had any fun at all. There was a boy that was wearing a pink jersey with the number '666' on it, in rainbows. A girl with one of his shirts on, looking very naive indeed. A boy with piercings all over him and a black mohawk tipped in red. A girl with a thin, wispy frame, wearing red and black, with similarly-styled hair. A boy with pink-tipped hair dressed all in black. Finally, there was a girl who looked as though she didn't belong there - although she had been jumping and singing along with the rest of the crowd.

Over the course of the evening, he'd watched several vampires advance on her, and then retreat. She wasn't one of them. Perhaps this one would be his favorite tonight. They'd lead her backstage with the rest of them, and lock them into his dressing room until the show was over. They'd watch it from his posh couch on a screen as large as the wall, and each would receive special treatment. After he was through with the concert, he'd come to them. Perhaps it was best to decide his favorites then.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/03/2017 8:51 PM

Although Chantrea tried not to show that she was beyond ecstatic to be pulled aside by the staff and taken into Blood's dressing room, with the large screen watching the concert--a definite improvement to having to fight for her spot even after the concert had started.  She sat closer to the edge of the couch, although after a while she finally relaxed into the plush seating.

"This has to be one of his best concerts," she said softly, hoping that the volume of the music would mask her voice.  She shifted slightly to the music in her spot, her foot tapping a little bit and humming along as best as she could.  She had an ear for music--her mother often had classical or jazz playing around the house, sometimes much to her dismay.  She adored Bloodcross' music, and there had been a few times she'd considered asking her parents to turn her--not just because of the music, but because everything about it fascinated her.  Every time she got it in her mind, though, her adopted brothers had told her she really had it better as a mortal.

Their opinion, which they're entirely entitled to, Chantrea had told herself.  They were turned without permission, and their Sire just up and left them to die, if Mom and Dad hadn't found them...

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/03/2017 9:45 PM

The one known as Blood to his fans finished his concert in his own sweet time. When you had eternity, time didn't seem much like an obstacle. Neither did much else. Hearing the cheers erupt from the stadium, he found himself thinking and wondering about the ones that had been chosen. He never killed... but those boys and girls would not be going back to their families tonight, that was for sure. He was - in a word - starving. His final words to his audience complete, he walked backstage with the rest of the band. Whereas they would go out to dinner now for drinks and good food, he had his own idea of that sort of thing waiting back in his dressing room. Hence the quick steps back.

He unlocked the door, ghosting in, and locked it again behind him silently - watching the ones who were chosen keep their eyes fixed on the big screen, as it went over replays of some of the best angles of the concert. He cleared his throat after a couple of moments, causing one of the boys to hear him, and look back.

"Blood!" he called, getting up, and running to hug him. Mordecai gently hugged him back, and patted his shoulder, looking him over, and letting his hearing increase his thirst and lust. The boy was the one with pink-tipped hair. His heart was pounding in excitement, and the vampire could hear the blood racing through his veins. Hunger clawed to the surface, but he tamped it down for now.

"Have you lot been enjoying yourselves?" he asked quietly, not removing his hand from the boy's shoulder.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/03/2017 11:08 PM

The concert had been a rush for Chantrea.  Being in a more exclusive area had only added to it, and she shifted slightly as she smoothed her knee-length skirt slightly.  When the concert ended, she and the others all eagerly waited for Blood to come back to his dressing room.  When he did, and one of the boys stood up and hugged him, Chantrea couldn't help but sit up a little straighter, and a hand lazily curled her hair with a finger.

"I know I've been having a wonderful time!" she said, standing up slightly.  "Those new songs of yours were just..." she couldn't help but clasp her hands together and gave a happy little sound that was somewhere between a sigh and a giggle.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/03/2017 11:26 PM

Mordecai laughed at that and crossed over to the girl who had spoken, reaching out to run his finger down the side of her cheek. The boy he had touched followed them and leaned against Blood as he pulled him into his side. Yes, these six. They'd do nicely. "Well, if you six are ready... We can retire to my private chambers, and have a bit of fun," he said, letting the words slide off his tongue sensually. It was easy to turn on the charm. That was one of the many benefits of being what he was.

He slid his hand down the arm of the boy with the mohawk, and he went a little weak in the knees. There were no preternatural senses needed to feel the lust there. The quieter boy in the pink shirt, he leaned close to, beside his neck. This one was intriguing. Heartbeat fast; staccato fast. Tripping over itself. He'd have to be careful.

The girls, he inspected as well - trailing his fingers across the throat of the one in the 'Blood Lives' shirt, and feeling her out by her mind. A simple girl, but definitely interesting as well - calmer than the rest, more composed and sure of herself. The whispy girl, he paused in front of, brushing some of her long hair out of her face and smiling. That one's heart was beating so fast it might as well have been one blur. He'd calm her down soon enough. The third girl, he crossed back to, moving around the couch, and lifted her head with his fingers. "Don't be afraid." he soothed them all, even though he was looking at the one he was touching.

Once he had inspected them, he crossed to a door on the other side of the room and opened it. "Come, then. We'll relax in here. It's more comfortable."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/03/2017 11:37 PM

When Blood ran his finger down the side of her cheek, Chantrea's heart rate steadily began to increase.  She'd only dreamed of dreaming of getting this close to him--which was admittedly cheesy, but if there was one thing she knew about musicians that were practically idols of particular communities, it was that they were near impossible to get near them if you were a common plebeian.

When he suggested that they retire to his private chambers, her heart rate spiked.  While she was unaware of that fact, Blood could probably hear her heart from across the room.  When he opened the door, Chantrea nodded slowly and made her way into the room, letting the others go ahead of her.  She had a feeling that she was an outsider in this group, and she didn't want to presume anything, having been pulled aside by the concert staff.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/04/2017 12:09 AM

A very light brush of each of their minds required no external coaxing and was enough to give him surface thoughts and names. That was what he wanted. He greeted each, by name, as they passed him into the room beyond. First, was the confident - if shy - young lady. She smiled at him as she passed by, and kept her eyes averted. He could tell it was as much nervousness as excitement. He could also tell that the 'girl' - from a simple brush of her mind - was very much only that in spirit. Very well. A new fact.
{Nyla, human form}

"Greetings, Nyla," he said softly, trailing his fingers through her hair. She blushed heavily and darted into the room before too much longer had passed. While she was calm, she wasn't immune to hero-worship in the least.

The next to pass by him was the boy with the mohawk, still shaking in his boots. Not fear, but lust. A lot of it. He was afraid, though. Sweet little thing.
{Leon, human form}

There was nothing to fear. He wasn't going to kill. He stopped him kindly and rested a hand on his shoulder. "You do not need to be afraid, Leon. I'm not going to harm you." he murmured to him, smiling, and letting him move past.

He needed to be gentler with the boy with the pink-tipped hair. He could sense that.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/04/2017 9:35 AM

Nora.  Human form.

When Blood spoke the name of the first girl who walked by him, the other girl that had been chosen along with Chantrea looked up, and her eyes widened.  She got in line next after Leon, straining to look around him.  "Ny?  Is that you?" she called around to her sibling.  It had been some time since Nora had seen Nyla, and the last time she had, that hadn't been what her sibling was called.  She, however, had always preferred nicknames.

Palnor.  Human form.

"Nora," the pink-tipped haired male hissed, trying to stay as close to his friend as he could.  "Family reunions can wait.  We're here with... with Blood!  Who'd have imagined that?"

"Calm down, Palnor," Nora said with a giggle.  "It's been ages since I saw Ny, so to see her here too..." Nora said, giving a tiny squeal.

Chantrea paused here, and looked at the other one who'd been chosen to be brought back here.  Stepping aside slightly, she asked, "D'you wanna go next, or shall I?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/04/2017 8:15 PM

The young male looked over at Chantrea and grinned a bit. "I'll go first. I don't like to be the last one through a door," he said. "Call it a superstition, but it's far too easy to get jumped that way." He winked at her, and patted her shoulder before walking up to Blood, and looking him over.
{Kyrie, human form}

Blood, for his part, brushed the mind of the young male while he was watching him. Hmmm. Seemed as though the young lady he'd read before was not the only one with a secret. Very well. It was safe with him. "You are alright, Kyrie," he murmured to the young man, patting his back as he passed. Once that was done, he turned to the last few "Come now. You two will be safe inside."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/04/2017 10:47 PM

Chantrea nodded, and let Kyrie go ahead of her.  Once he had gone through, Chantrea followed, joining the rest of the group in the other room.  She looked up at Blood once before continuing through, giving him an innocent smile.

Once through, Chantrea situated herself slightly away from the others.  Two of the others from earlier--one with blond-and-rainbow hair, and the other with rainbow-and-pink-tipped hair, were standing over by the one that Blood had called "Nyla".

"I'm serious, Ny.  If you'd told me you were coming to this concert, I'd have come over there with Palnor to pick you up!  I'm not saying that you can't take care of yourself, I'm saying that I wanna spend time with you!" the woman said, standing a few feet back from the other woman.  The man put his hand on her shoulder.

"Maybe she didn't feel comfortable calling you?" he asked.  The woman looked at him indignantly.

"I'm her sister," she said, and then, turned to look back at Nyla.  "And nothing will ever change that, don't you worry."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/04/2017 10:58 PM

Nyla looked over at her sister, then curled her arms around her in a hug. Truthfully, since the realization that she was trans, she'd been so confused, so afraid, and so wary about what her family might think of her. Knowing that Nora had her back was immediately comforting. "Thank you," she whispered. "I love you. Thank you."

Leon milled about, finding a seat on one of the three large plush couches in here, beside a large table that held a great deal of liquor and spirits. Granted, Leon wasn't at all interested in drinking them - he just liked to watch the colors that they made in the glass. This was good stuff, too - expensive stuff.

Kyrie crossed over to one of the other couches, and lounged on it, wasting no time in making himself at home. Blood chuckled a little and shut the door. It auto-locked. They wouldn't hear anything since he'd engineered the process specifically to be silent. However, they would also not be able to leave.

"Welcome. Welcome Palnor, Nora, Chantrea, Leon, Nyla, and Kyrie - to my inner sanctum." Blood grinned, and crossed first to Nora, pausing to wait until she was done hugging her sister, before he gently turned her around, and slid his fingers down the side of her neck. Afterward, he held out his hand to invite her to take it, smiling. "Come, sit with me," he asked of her, lowering his head while looking directly at her. It made him seem even more mysterious than he already was.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/04/2017 11:15 PM

Nora hugged her sister back and replied in a soft voice, "I love you, too.  And I mean it--if you ever need anything, day or night, my phone's always on for you."  As she stepped away, and felt Blood's touch at her neck, she shuddered slightly and felt her posture give slightly.  She took his hand when he extended it, allowing him to lead her.

Palnor situated himself on the other side of the large couch that Leon was situated on, making himself comfortable.  He offered a simple nod to the other men in the room as a "hello", and he glanced back over at Nora from time to time.

Chantrea positioned herself on the third couch, keeping largely to herself--her knees were close to each other, she wasn't leaning back on the couch, and her feet were planted firmly on the ground--well, she could at least take the Triumvirate-damned heels she had worn.  While they'd survived her jumping during the concert, they were starting to really kill her.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/04/2017 11:47 PM

Mordecai drew close to Nora, and let her scent wash over him, turning his hearing to her heart, hearing it beat. The hunger didn't take too long to rise and rise it did. His fingers caressed her throat, and slid along her carotid artery, feeling and seeing the blood pulsing there. Hunger was a strict mistress, demanding to be fed regularly - and he was all too eager to appease her. He bent toward her neck, and licked the side of it, holding her close enough that she was pressed to his chest, unable to pull away or escape. When he did bite into her, he did so gently, saliva muting the sharp pain, and providing a quasi-narcotic effect.

As he drank, he kept his ear open to her heart, making sure he didn't take too much. His hand slid up under her shirt, and rested against her side, feeling her breathe, feeling her life under his fingertips. When he did pull away, he hadn't drained very much - that's why he had six in here - but he did lick the two fang marks sensually to close them and heal them. "There..." he whispered into her ear. "Breathe. I have you. You're safe. Feel my hand against you. You are mine. I will not let anything happen to you."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next