Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Not Meant For Me [Ari/Spring][M:E]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 05/27/2017 1:46 PM

Mordecai crossed to behind Chantrea, and ghosted his fingertips over her shoulders, smiling. His eyes appeared to glint now, a dead giveaway to what he was - although she probably hadn't noticed this before. Those without the enhanced senses that vampirism gives, generally didn't. "No - you were only mortal." he whispered into her ear. His voice was so soft that the others in the room could not hear it. Just another perk. Immortal-to-immortal communication was often carried on this way - right in front of the mortals. "It is beautiful and fragile. A symphony too soon ended. The breaths, the heartbeats, the thousands of tiny sounds that make life what it is. You will begin to notice them, begin to appreciate them. For now, though... focus. Focus on that one sitting on the ottoman. The boy who is not."

He turned her physically, gently, to face Kyrie, who was in deep conversation with the one he shared the room with. Mordecai breathed deeply, and inhaled the scent. "Your senses will tell you all you need to know about your chosen prey." he murmured to Chantrea. "Listen to his heart beating. Do you hear how it pauses? Just a fraction. Just a split-second after the end of each beat. It is a sound a normal doctor would miss. Do you hear his breath? How he does not fill his lungs completely. Listen to the minute sounds within his body - the shifting of clothing, the soft spring of his muscles. Scent his blood, feel it within you. Do you sense his secret? What he is trying desperately to hide?"

The vampire licked his lips quietly, and touched Chantrea's arm - motioning for her to follow him, but be silent. Kyrie looked up as he approached.

"Oh... I didn't see you come out of there, sir. I'm sorry." he said with a bit of a sheepish grin. Mordecai smiled in return, and offered his hand.

"Come." he ordered, his eyes taking on that unnatural glint again - this time brighter, and more distinct - but Kyrie noticed nothing. In fact, the young man rose without question, and took Mordecai's hand, being dragged back into another room without protesting at all.

The small room he was pulled into was left open for Chantrea to follow inside, before the door was shut and locked. This room was FAR smaller than either of the others, and had a raised chair akin to a dentist's office, with straps, and little else. Mordecai led Kyrie to the chair, and strapped him in loosely without a single complaint on behalf of the mortal.

"We can order them to do things." he said to Chantrea. "He could not resist me now, even if he wanted to."
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Previous