Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Forgive My Sins [P|Quest]

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 1:23 AM

(temp form)

He was back in his beloved city, a rich kingdom that was led down into a path of ruin. He had once thought he would spend his whole life there, and he was right. Dallas leaned against one of the white marble walls, looking around at the citizens he once knew so well. He must be dreaming-- but he was lucid. Perhaps the Gods were taking pity on him and letting him relive some of his happiest moments in his beloved home. But... there was something that was bothering him, even though he was in a deep sleep.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Forgive My Sins [P|Quest]

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 1:28 AM

The last thing he could recall was being destroyed in his undead shell, a decision that was not his to make-- a decision that was forced on him by the man he called a mentor. If he was truly dreaming, then did that not mean he was alive again? Was he surely in a dream? His mind kept bringing up more questions without any answers. The only way he could figure anything out is if he were to try to read. You couldn't read in dreams, he recalled reading something about that in an old text while he was studying on his own time.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 1:33 AM

The mage glanced at a few of the citizens roaming the streets, but their faces-- he could not see their faces! They were just blank masks, no recognizable features whatsoever. What did this mean anyway? He would have the memory of the citizens in Dipan, he sure spoke to them enough. He thought himself quite popular, being friends with the Princess and all, so surely---

This had to be a dream then, no, a nightmare. Was his subconscious telling him that he didn't deserve to lay eyes upon the people he called friends or acquaintances? It was because of them, the other two mages he worked with, they led him down a path that forced the Gods to forsake him.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 1:38 AM

He would ignore them for now, what else could he do? Talking to them seemed impossible, they lacked mouths after-all. But in a dream, logic was not something often found. Dallas glanced at one of the townspeople, someone he thought he knew, but without a face, it was impossible to tell. He shuddered, running past the hoards of people, deciding to take refuge inside the castle he spent so much of his time in.

Upon stepping foot inside, the whole world shifted into shades of gray, muddying the vibrant paintings and linens that made their city speak of prosperity. "This is... what is happening here?" he said, nearly choking on his words as he saw a glimpse of a shadow along the wall.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 7:43 PM

"This feels too real to just be a dream, but then again, nothing in here makes sense.." he said aloud, what else to do? The silence here was almost deafening, that even speaking in gibberish would have given him some comfort. It was a silence he wasn't used to, not like when he spent hours studying with the other two mages where the sounds of clacking glass and turning of pages were the only things he could hear. No this... this was different, frightening.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 8:15 PM

"You seem a bit lost in this dreamworld, babe"

Dallas looked up to find the source of the voice, and it didn't take long for him to find it. A man clad in a full suit of armor was perched atop a pillar, looking down at him with a curious expression on his face. Strange... this person seemed so familiar, yet he couldn't put a finger on it. "Who are you? Another illusion of this dream-like state?"

Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 8:19 PM

The man shook his head, leaping down off the pillar effortlessly to land beside him, "No, I am as real as you are, but you are right to question what is happening around you. Yes, this is nothing but a dream, but it is also more than that."

Dallas thought on it for a moment, trying to piece together what the man was trying to say. "You aren't saying that we are actually here, physically, in a dream-world, are you?"

"Bingo! Whoever put you in here must be testing something, or it's for their own amusement."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 8:34 PM

"No, sir... I know what this is all about," he put his head down with a sigh, recalling the atrocities he committed before he was turned into an abomination. "This is divine retribution of the Gods, but it is not Hel that is tormenting me so, I... I think."

"No, I don't believe she is involved, nor do I think this is some sort of 'punishment' for whatever you may have done in your first life."

Dallas looked away. First... life? Then he really wasn't undead anymore, if this was another chance, then why was he being tormented? He didn't care what this stranger had to say, he was being punished. He knew it.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 11:03 PM

"You say I am not being punished, but why would I be thrown into this pseudo-dream? You do not think being in this place is punishment? Then what is it?" he remained calm in his voice, but he was visibly upset.

The man came closer to him, tugging him forward into a mock embrace, "Trust me, you are not being punished for something you were more or less forced into. Those other two, you were afraid of rebelling against anything they did, weren't you? I can sense how you feel, you are free from them babe, do trust me~"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/21/2017 11:12 PM

Dallas tried to pull away out of shock, but let this strange, yet, familiar man hold him. He felt him pull him tighter against him, wrapping his arms around him. If he were to believe anything he was telling him, then yes, he was not being punished. Was what he did really out of his control, how did this man know anything about his life back then? "How... do you know all this? Why do you look so... familiar?"

"We knew each other, two-hundred years ago. That is how long it's been since you were last alive. Surely you must remember who I looked like. Someone that protected you, except when I didn't."

His... bodyguard? He remembered telling him that his job was done before he really began to listen to the silver tongues of his fellow mages. "Two-hundred years? Then... you aren't human, are you?"

The man purred against him, "Very keen. The name is Break, do remember my real name now. When you awake, we will not see one another for quite a long time."

Am I forgiven?...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate