Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Flowers For A Lady [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/08/2017 10:07 AM

Ren loved being a florist, especially when a holiday was looming. People always needed flowers, whether as gifts or for decoration, and he enjoyed filling orders as much as he loved tending to the plants themselves. He smiled as he watered a rhododendron crossbreed, and wiped the sweat from his brow as he heard the bell tinkle down below.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: Flowers For A Lady [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/08/2017 10:10 AM

He smiled as he made his way down the stairs, hearing his son chatting to the customer. This time of year was always exciting; it was the beginning of September, and people were beginning to place orders for Halloween. Ren loved the creative opportunity he received, as although some people only wanted certain things like corn stalks and pumpkins, most of the regulars would order his 'Surprise Bouquet' with the knowledge that he would create something awe-inspiring; after all, he loved his job.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/08/2017 10:13 AM

He frowned a little as the customer began to raise their voice, and calmly entered the store from the back door. Patting his son on the shoulder and flashing him a quick smile, he stepped forward and smoothly caught the customer's attention.

"Good afternoon; I couldn't help but overhear. Is there something I can help you with?" he asked, his charming grin in place. There had never been a customer he couldn't calm down, and his sons were always grateful when he took over the difficult ones.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/09/2017 10:36 PM

As Ren listened to the customer's request, he understood why his son had been having a hard time serving her. A high-class Halloween ball would be a difficult order to fill, but it would be a great opportunity to advertise his work, and he was confident they could handle it, even if it meant a few sleepless nights.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/09/2017 10:38 PM

Ren smiled, and thanked the lady for her business. As she left, he turned to grin at his pale-faced son, who appeared to be in shock that his father had actually accepted the order.

"Father, what have you done", whispered Viram. He knew his father was impulsive, but an order this size was ludicrous for a relatively small business like theirs.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/09/2017 10:46 PM

Ren only smiled wider; there were some tricks of his trade that he had yet to teach his triplets, after having such difficulty with his eldest. Corthrim simply hadn't the skill or the connection with plants that the triplets had inherited, and although he wasn't Ren's son by blood, he was adored by all of them and it had saddened Ren greatly to think that he may not be able to participate in the family business.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/10/2017 2:49 PM

As he climbed the stairs to the second floor, where they kept the live and growing plants, Ren whistled happily. It had been a while since an order had really strained him, and he was looking forward to the process of creating each and every item on the list. The customer had ordered several full bouquets in vases, four large centerpieces, and a selection of smaller floral decorations.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/14/2017 4:42 PM

First, Ren selected several large, white lilies, and cut them from their respective plants. He carried them over to the workbench, where several glass vases were waiting, and divided the lilies between them, splitting the stems as he went. Next, he added different coloured dye to the water that was inside each of the vases.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/14/2017 4:46 PM

Ren grinned as he walzed around the room, picking up various flowers; roses, white orchids, chrysanthemums, all were white and all went into the vases to be dyed various colours. His plan was to arrange them as a base, in order to offset the special flowers he planned to include in the arrangements.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/14/2017 4:49 PM

Having prepared the dye batches, Ren washed his hands and placed the vases on one of the free shelves with a label on each with the customer's details and order.

He made his way to the study, and sat at the desk to begin writing letters; he trusted his suppliers would have exactly what he needed.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate