Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

The First One Was By Mistake [Self | E]

Postby Saahs » 11/27/2017 6:58 AM

Lamont strode through the pathways of the bustling city without a sound, his footfalls silent as a feline’s and his breathing an even tempo. His head turned to glance over at a small food stand, his eyes wandering over the various fruits on display. He tipped his head and looked forward, slowly blinking with indifference. As people passed by, he would offer them a small smile. Enough to let them know they wouldn’t be harmed, but not to get close to him. For some reason, people felt an urge to speak to you if you didn’t constantly look happy.

It was easier to maneuver the city in his preferred Draculi form, but not too many people would simply welcome a seemingly stray cat into their home, so today he was standing on two feet, donned in simple jeans, boots, a turtleneck, and a long brown leather jacket. His hair, reaching well down to his hips, was pulled back into a high ponytail, showing off the prominent lack of half his right ear.

Most times, he didn’t want to be recognisable. Being recognised by people he didn't want to know he was even there was a dangerous game. But today, he wanted the past to come back to haunt. He wanted his face to leave a painful mark in someone’s mind, and he wanted it to be remembered-- that he had not forgotten.

Someone was going to pay the price.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: The First One Was By Mistake [Self | E]

Postby Saahs » 11/27/2017 7:21 AM

First things first, there was a woman he needed to find. Ariel. A lovely woman, with long blonde hair, usually gathered up in intricate hairstyles, a kind smile, and a horrible penchant for tormenting the people she was charged with caring for. Lamont’s eyes narrowed a little as while walking down a street, he looked back on how she would always tell him that nothing happened. He was just making it up. It was all he could do to not pull a complete stranger aside and drive a fist into their gut.

But, he refrained from doing such a thing; he wasn’t there to hurt any of these people, and he wasn’t sure he was even about to go and physically hurt the person he was after. A small reminder was all that Ariel needed. Something to always remind her that she’d hurt him, and didn’t in fact get away with it.

A part of him nagged in the back of his head to turn back. This was pointless. He would just get hurt again, turn away and leave the past in the past. A small voice, that was easily stomped out while he made his way slowly towards the end of the city that Ariel lived in. And yet the small part of his mind that was still reasonable begged him to have at least brought something to defend himself with. And yet he hadn’t.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: The First One Was By Mistake [Self | E]

Postby Saahs » 11/27/2017 7:29 AM

He continued on to the northern end of the town, his mind wandering while on the outside, he remained as calm and even amicable seeming. His thoughts drifted off to his family, his real family. The last time he saw them, their mouths were wide open in screams that had long since been choked off by flames. They drifted off to his grandfather, harsh and careless with where he put out his cigarettes when he was through with them.

Lamont smiled to another shopkeeper as they waved to him in an attempt to draw him towards their goods. Any other day, he would have gladly accepted the distraction, even if the babbling of some shopkeepers was annoying to try to drown out politely. Maybe he would stop by after his “talk” with Ariel. It would certainly be needed. Just the thought of what he was planning on doing, to knock on her door and talk to her in a civilised manner and try to bring up what she’d done to him, was nerve wracking to all hells.

That was, of course, granted that she didn’t try to drug him into a stupor and convince him, yet again, that nothing had happened.

It had taken him well over a year to remember the things she put him through, and he didn’t want to go back to that state of mind again, and to go through that process of realising that he’d been abused even more than he was already aware of. He couldn’t do that again.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer