Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Familiarity Breeds Magic (P, me and Jess, possible M)

Postby Freezair » 06/28/2018 3:19 AM

ImageImage
Darcy - Keia
((Darcy is in draconic humanoid form for this--so he's got his head and wings and tail, just on a bipedal body that's more sensibly sized for moving about a school.))

((I didn't know what kind of tags you'd need to play your character properly given her past; if you have anything in particular you'd like added to the tags, lemme know.))

Even among the glittering spires of Lamenolai, the central tower of the Rook Academy of Magic stood out. Hewn out of black and white marble, shaped like the chess piece whose name it bore, the great crenelated structure rose up above the rooftops of the citadel city. Even in broad daylight, the place seemed to glow with a faint blue light. Deep within its walls, the great archmagi of the Academy's intelligensia were hard at work, both furthering their own research and passing on their knowledge to the next generation.

Darcy was nowhere near them.

Somewhere far beneath the tower, in a stuffy, beige room lit by fluorescent lights and sounded by an extremely loud and inefficient swamp cooler, Darcy, an ascended magus of the first ring (or in layman's terms, a grad student) puttered around the magical laboratory in a nervous tizzy. He hardly kept it together on ordinary days, and today had the good luck of not being an ordinary day in the slightest.

For he had an appointment. And not the kind where one went to see a dentist, either. Or possibly it was like that, except he was the dentist in this situation, and he'd never worked on someone's teeth before--

A Wynd Kuhna had made herself a bed in the mess of papers on her desk. She suddenly pulled her head off her paws and glared at Darcy, in the way only cats knew how.

"I am NOT blowing this out of proportion!" he bellowed at her. "No one's ever come to me for advice before."

She somehow managed to narrow her pupils at him even more.

"I never thought anyone would actually READ those papers! Nobody actually gives a damn about your research until you've got a Phud after your name--or I suppose an Achum in my case--"

She stretched out her front paws, letting her claws extend.

"Sigh... I suppose you're right. I do want our friends to find forever magi. I'm just... nervous. Being nervous is normal. Right?"

She batted out at him with a single paw. She might have been swiping at a dust mote in the air. But for all the world, it looked as if she was making a reassuringly dismissive gesture: Relax. You'll be fine.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate