Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

That's Not Funny, Lloyd [Self][Finished]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 5:51 PM

Lloyd was a trickster by trade, and a performer by heart, and tonight would be the greatest trick he had ever pulled off. What fun it would be when Rheese's guests all panicked and squealed! He did love a good show, and what better show than when he was the star!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Re: That's Not Funny, Lloyd [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 5:53 PM

Carefully he went about the decorated room, putting threads here and there, attaching pins to the tablecloth so it would catch on people's clothes, and loosening screws so tables would collapse. He knew Rheese would be angry at him, but he just couldn't resist - it was so much fun making people scream on Halloween.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 5:55 PM

As Lloyd closed the doors to the ballroom and walked whistling down the hall to his chambers, he didn't realise he had been seen. Two disapproving faces peered out at his retreating back from a slightly-opened door, and shook their heads in unison before looking at each other, frowning as they considered what he might have done.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 5:57 PM

As soon as she was sure he was down the hall, Rheese darted out of the room they had been hiding in and opened the ballroom doors.

"I knew he'd be up to something!" she exclaimed in dismay, as she walked around the room noticing where the tables were beginning to sag under the decorations.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 5:59 PM

Gabriel shook his head as he followed Rheese around the room with a heavy heart. He knew how much she loved these balls, especially on Halloween, and Lloyd had very nearly ruined it for everyone - not to mention the fact that someone could have gotten hurt.

"What are we going to do about him?" he asked Rheese glumly, not really expecting an answer.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:01 PM

Rheese scowled, her eyes aflame with anger.

"I'll tell you what we're going to do" she said, eyes darting around the room, "We're going to play a little trick on him. Since he's so fond of such grand tricks, I'm sure he'll have no problem accepting when one is done to him instead of the other way around.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:02 PM

Gabriel shuddered a bit, and frowned at her, not quite understanding how they would go about it. Rheese was determined though, and began whispering furiously in his ear about what she planned to do to make Lloyd's little trick backfire on him. Gabriel began to snicker, and stuck his head out of the ballroom door to make sure LLoyd was nowhere in sight before Rheese summoned her servants.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:04 PM

On the night of the ball, Lloyd was beside himself, giddy with excitement for the guests to show up. He couldn't wait to see how his fun unravelled, and he was so hyped-up he didn't notice the self-satisfied smiles Gabriel and Rheese exchanged before excusing themselves to get ready for the ball.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:05 PM

At first, things seemed to go without a hitch. Lloyd laughed himself silly when a table collapsed, spilling decorations everywhere and startling the guests that had been walking by. But soon, Lloyd began to scowl as he realised things were not quite going as he had planned. Surely the loaded tables of treats should have collapsed by now? He had certainly removed enough screws from the punch table, at least.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:23 PM

Lloyed groused to himself as trick after trick of his failed to play out, with guests enjoying the treats laid out for them and since the ladle in the punch bowl had mysteriously being mislaid, a small mug was being used instead. All his hard work had gone to waste, and he couldn't figure out why until he bit into a jam sandwich and was greeted with a horrible taste of wax.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:25 PM

"Urgh!" He cried, spitting out the wax and staring at the treats on the tables in horror. He was sure he had seen guests eating them before, but surely nobody would actually eat wax and be able to enjoy it?

Shaken, he went to take a drink from the nearest punch bowl, only to spit it back into his cup when it tasted like soapy water!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:26 PM

Panicked, he raised his top hat to scratch his head in alarm, only to find that he couldn't let go of the hat or remove his hand from the top of his head. It felt like he was covered in some sort of sticky glue, and try as he might, he just couldn't get his hand free from his fur!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:28 PM

He spotted Rheese and Gabriel chatting quietly in a corner of the room, and all but ran to them, not noticing he had snagged a tablecloth with one of the clips he had put on earlier. With a loud crash, the punch bowl of soapy water rained down on him as he fell to the ground with a bump, his hand finally coming unstuck from his now dripping wet head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:29 PM

"Are you alright there, Lloyd? Rheese asked, trying to make her giggle sound worried. She and Gabriel had fixed just enough of Lloyd's tricks to ensure the night wouldn't be a disaster, and had added some of their own which he seemed to have fallen right into. She couldn't help but giggle at the sight he made.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/14/2018 6:31 PM

"No, I'm not alright" he moaned, standing up as best he could and detaching the tablecloth clip from where it had caught on his tail. "My outfit is ruined, I'm soaking wet with soapy water and covered in glue, and the sandwich I bit into was made of wax. Someone has played a terrible trick on your party!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next