Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Apples And Oranges [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 4:25 PM

His resolve was shattered upon viewing his brother's tearstained faces, as they looked at him in silent beckoning, and at last he jogged forward to join in the hug with tears streaming down his face.

The brothers wept as Ren silently closed the door behind them, and steered them carefully towards the dining room.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 4:27 PM

"You're just in time" Ren declared with a shaky voice, as he pushed his eldest into his place at the table and began ladleing meatball stew onto his plate before setting it down before him.

Corthrim pressed his fingers into his eyes as the realisation that his family had never considered leaving him out hit him.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 4:28 PM

"Thank you" Corthrim said gruffly, too choked with emotion to speak; he took a sip of water from his glass and forced himself to swallow, willing the tears to hold back now that he was in the warm with his family all around him as he had feared they would never be again.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 4:30 PM

"Father, I'm sorry I-" Corthrim didn't get the chance to finish, as his father squeezed him into a hug again.

"I understand" Ren said, sorrow clouding his voice; he regretted that his son had felt the need to run away like that, and wished he had been more supportive of his son's choices - since hearing he was missing, the thought that he would never get the chance to reconcile with his eldest had haunted Ren's thoughts relentlessly.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 4:35 PM

Corthrim nodded his understanding, and helped pass out the loaded plates to his brothers before digging into the meatball stew he had missed with gusto. The first bite made his eyes begin watering again, but he paid no mind to the tears streaming down his face as he joined in the laughter and merriment of his brothers.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 4:36 PM

Ren watched over his sons with pride and felt his heart heal a little; he knew his eldest would have to return to the Army, and the thought terrified him, but he vowed to himself that this time, there would be no regrets upon his leaving, and he would be sure to know that he would always be welcomed home by his family with open arms.

~End~

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous