Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Ever Kind Of Just... Commit Treason? [self | l,v,g?]

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 3:11 PM

Soon, he could feel the jolt of the parachute being let loose, and he shuddered out a sigh of relief as they fell at a more agreeable speed. “I’m sorry, Lazarus,” his comrade started, “but if there’s even a chance that we survive out here, the resistance will need someone who knows their way around magitek.”

The pair landed, and once she had set the little man on his feet she got straight to work; undid the parachute's fastens and shimmied it down to kick it off her entirely. Then she glanced up at him with a hesitant frown. “You… are a mechanic as well as a pilot, yes?”

His head cocked sharply up and he eyed her. “Is that the only reason you saved me?” Lazarus couldn’t help but ask, not sure if he was grateful or offended.

[ 3BPs awarded ]
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 3:21 PM

She shook her head. “No, but it certainly contributed.” A hand was offered out to him, but while she spoke, something rustling snared their attention. “Come, we’ll need to find somewhere... to… hide…”

As he turned to peer around, it occurred to Lazarus and his friend both, that they were in the centre eye of a crescent made out of fellow Imperial soldiers. Without needing to look at each individual person, Lazarus could already tell how many there were: eleven. Certainly the two of them could handle that many? The soldier closest to being in the centre front pointed his rifle at Lazarus. Ah. “Run, and you will perish,” the soldier announced in all too friendly a voice and with all to light a smile. “On your knees, now.”

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 3:29 PM

While the woman obeyed, albeit with a vicious glower creased into her face, and knelt down to her knees-- Lazarus bolted. Shots flew by the moment he'd jerked the other way, some now nicking him here and there, but never landing their mark. His legs sprung out in front of him, pulling his form this way and that to zip amidst the thicket. But alas, his escape wasn’t meant to be, as the leaves and shrubs parted out of his way straight over an abrupt ledge. A sharp gasp sucked itself into his lungs as his hand shot out to the side and hooked itself to a thin tree. Having barely managed to catch himself before falling to his death, he looked over his shoulder with wide eyes.

The soldiers were already on his heels, coming out of the dense foliage to surround him in another arch that now blocked him off from any other escape besides certain death. His companion was nowhere to be seen. “Tricky little weasel, aren’t you?” the same one from before sneered.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 3:38 PM

The corner of Lazarus’ mouth twitched up into a smile as another wave of panic settled in his chest. “Ah… no? You just can’t aim to save your lives?”

With a tilt of the other's head, and a click of his tongue, he knew those were probably to be the last words he would ever say. He disagreed when the troop's leader chimed, “Bad choice of words.” The soldier took aim, and shot at his head.

Lazarus flinched from the crack of the gunshot, his upper half recoiling backwards and arms crossing over one another to shield his ducked head. Once more, the shot grazed him, perhaps only because he had flinched. But it was enough. His feet slipped off the ledge, and the rest of him followed. There were no screams or alarmed shouting, as he careened backwards, then down over the cliff's ledge and towards his demise.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 3:45 PM

Lazarus’ eyes cracked open. Nothing surrounded him but a cold softness and bright sunlight. His ears hummed gently, and something all around him warbled strangely. As he became more aware of the world, it pieced itself together what he lay in: water. His entire body ached, but most of all, the top of his head burned. He dared not move to check the wound.

He dared not move at all for the longest time, in fact.

It wasn't until his gaze, wandering aimlessly as it had been, flitted over the shape of someone peering over the ledge far up ahead. Instinct told him he did not want to find out who the person was, if it was a person at all.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 3:56 PM

Taking in a deep breath, he let himself sink under the water’s surface. His head stung even more now, but it was better than being potentially shot at for the gall of surviving. Catching on a branch lodged in the water's depths, he pushed his way further down into the dark, as far from the surface of the water as he could, and then swam away. As far as he could hold his breath and then farther, he swam.

The first time he broke surface, he coughed, heaved, and spat out anything unwanted before sucking in a deep breath of air and ducking back under. He didn't pay attention to how many times he came up to the surface for air. But once he'd had enough, he let himself float for a spell, taking a quick look around at where he was now: the river opened into a wider body, and carried him to a shallow break in its path. Across the lake, barely visible through the foliage around it, there looked to be shelter of sorts. It will have to do, he decided, taking in another deep breath and going under once more to swim along where the shore ran.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 4:13 PM

By now, Lazarus had swam more in a day than he’d ever intended to in his life, and once he reached the part of shore closest to his destination, his limbs burned with every movement he made, his chest was tight, and he could feel his stomach twisting from the exhaustion. And gods all around, his head hurt. Sloshing his way onto the shore, he scanned the area for any signs of life. Soldiers, creatures; he wanted to avoid all of them.

Upon neither seeing or hearing anything concerning, he nodded in approval, and limped towards the dense forest that lay ahead. Fuck, his prosthetic leg was heavy. It was better at running than his remaining leg was, but it wasn't made with swimming down a river for hours then across a damn lake in mind.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 4:26 PM

Just as he’d hoped, the dark shapes he’d seen through the forest’s edge was a building. More precisely, an abandoned hut. Lazarus slowed to a stop before getting too close to it. Once more, his eyes flicked this way and that in search of any signs of danger. Quietly, he circled the area in a wide curve, avoiding exposing himself to anywhere that could possibly be watched through: windows, holes in the walls and roof.

He had to be sure there was no one or nothing in the house already. Especially anything or anyone with more energy than him... or worse, more arsenal than him. He had nothing. No strength, no weapons, no supplies, no support.

It wasn't long before he was at the hut's old wooden door, and then found himself alone inside.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 4:37 PM

The dust clouds that rose upon his arrival had a fog-like glow despite the lack of sunlight to even reach the windows and faults in the building. Easing the door back in its previous position behind him, Lazarus hobbled into the main room and squinted. It was hard to see in the dim light, but found his way around the room's obstacles with enough care and attention paid to the vibrations his third eye picked up on.

That wasn't enough to help him find what he was looking for, of course. By the time he'd found a substantial amount of supplies possibly clean enough to use on his wounds, Lazarus knew how many rooms the hut had and where the furniture was placed. Bit by bit his collection of tools, torn sheets, empty bottles, and vials and pouches of remedies he hoped weren't too old, were gathered together on the dinner table.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 4:46 PM

With everything he felt he could put to use piled up on the table, he let himself collapse into the one chair left next to it that didn't look beyond sittability. A heavy sigh hefted out of his chest the moment he was no longer up on his feet, his head hanging back. Slowly, the events of today crept back into his conscious. And then the worrying began.

Had his partner survived? Had any of them survived...? Who was that he'd seen on the ledge? Would he have to worry about them in the future? Right now? Was he supposed to be on the move, or would it be better to stay where he was?

His nose crinkled. He bent down to detach his prosthetic leg. There wasn't time for another one of his spirals. Before he could do anything, he had to patch his shit up.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 5:00 PM

When he sat upright to set his leg on the table, there was a man standing across from him.

"Ha~AH-huh!" Along with the shriek, Lazarus was up on his foot with the other one's ankle firm in his grasp and the rest of the leg poised like an axe over his shoulder. "State your name, allegiances, and purpose! Now! Please!" His voice was at such a high pitch right now, but it was the toughest he could make himself sound at the moment.

Hopefully he looked tougher than he sounded. Threatening to beat someone to death with one's own leg was tough, right? His threatening glare, spooked as it was, did improve when he narrowed his eyes to get a better look at the stranger.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 5:11 PM

He was tall, thin in build but also strong. He held himself like he knew it, but he wasn't relaxed by the knowledge nor proud of it; Lazarus could tell that from the stiff pose the man held, with his hands behind his back and shoulders squared, but no life to any of it. Even prideful soldiers tipped their heads higher at the very least.

This man simply didn't move. In the dim lighting he wondered if his mouth was even moving once he at last spoke up, "My name is Knox Dei sa-Teio. I work under an independent researcher," he paused, and his tone shifted from a sombre iciness to also have an imitation of reassurance, "with no ties to either side of the war."

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/29/2019 11:47 PM

That... wasn't the answer he'd honestly been preparing himself to hear. And he wasn't sure if he found that to be a relief or severe concern. His brows slowly furrowed with a doubtful frown. "And ah... the last question? Your purpose for being here?" He gave the room's ceiling a once over as he added, "Why is any of what you said relevant to the current situation?"

He looked back to the stranger-- this Knox-- in the vain hopes of gleaning something from his appearance, but in the growing dark as evening waned on, picked up little else from his... current company. "Why are you here?"

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/30/2019 12:03 AM

"You ask a troubling number of questions for someone already expecting so many answers," Knox observed, his voice still and even as his posture.

Usually, if someone spoke in such monotone Lazarus didn't take much of what they said to heart, but the flame suddenly alight in his gut had clearly taken offence this time. He wasn't given enough time to vocalise his indignance before Knox continued, "If you wish to understand, you will listen to what I have to say and you will answer what I have to ask."

Lazarus was becoming a lot more worried much quicker, all of a sudden. Then again... "Funny thing to demand of someone when you're the unarmed one and they're brandishing a metal leg."

Yet despite the smarmy remark, he lowered his leg. Nestling it in his lap, he pushed himself off the table's edge by his knee and stump, and back into his chair with a rough kh-THUCK-nk. His terse stare never strayed from his guest.

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/30/2019 1:24 AM

Knox finally started moving; Laz was beginning to doubt he was capable of doing so at all until he dipped his head down in a nod then promptly stepped forward and shifted himself sideways to partially sit on the windowsill to his right. "Now, it is to my understanding that you recently earned a rank in piloting," he stated, tucking one hand under his other elbow and that hand lifted so he could inspect something in its palm.

Craning his head in his direction, Lazarus nodded to Knox. He was mindful not to look like he was paying too much attention to him; the more obvious that he was doing so he betrayed, the more likely he feared he would learn nothing. His right shoulder shrugged up as his nod turned into an inquisitive shake. "I've only ever..." How should he word this?

Should he at all?

[ 3BPs awarded ]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs