Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Hospitality For Those Really, REALLY Far From Home [Me+G

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/21/2020 12:48 AM

Lucky frowned thoughtfully at the mention of the "someone's Third Law." He could sort of recall Cheater having mentioned it before, but he wasn't sure about the precise name himself. "Is that the one that says something like 'sufficiently advanced technology is the same as magic'?" he asked.

"Interesting," noted Franciscus. "I'd expect these 'Mundane' worlds to be much less common, considering they wouldn't natively have any ability to connect to other worlds. Unless it's this world pulling them in?" He still wasn't sure if the portal they'd stumbled through was a Deerington or Evelon thing.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Hospitality For Those Really, REALLY Far From Home [Me+G

Postby Freezair » 04/04/2020 1:50 PM

"Yes! That one," Desmond said. "Or maybe it's that magic is just insufficiently researched technology."

"Connecting to other worlds is... strange," Felix admitted. "The methodology for connecting to other worlds... isn't quite magic, or technology. Certainly, it's something that can be done with either. There was one we ended up in, once--boy, that was a trip--"

"Is this the 'military guys' story?" Desmond interjected.

"They haven't heard it before!" Felix interjected. "Anyway. I was using my abilities to scout out a new world, and where do I find myself? In front of a glowing portal--NOT one I created--with a ton of military guys all pointing guns at me! Not pistols, either--assault rifles! All I did was walk in! Though eventually, this nice lady approached and we talked it out.They had a scientifically-engineered portal that somehow managed to pull us in. Apparently not the first time it had managed to snare someone from an alternate dimension. And you wanna know what?"

"Here it comes," Desmond muttered.

"She was a doctor, AND she had the same name as my dad! They're both Dr. Carters!"

"Can you believe that coincidence?" he and Desmond said at the same time.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Previous