Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

I'll Clean Later! Promise! [Hunt]

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 8:58 AM

ImageImage

Something had been wrong with Ailou. Well, moreso than usual. Anyone that saw the young genetically scrambled Chaos would be quick to say there was something wrong with it, but this was different than usual. Most of the time she left a little bit of a drippy mess wherever she went, but over the course of the last 24 hours she seemed more unstable than ever, leaving thick black trails wherever she went - if she even bothered getting up.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: I'll Clean Later! Promise! [Hunt]

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:02 AM

Most of the time she refused to even move though. Not even for a treat. She'd let out a soft grumble or chirp when Faen tried to call her over as she continued to just lie on her side. There wasn't a whole lot Faen could do it felt like, and it was driving her crazy. She needed her lab if she was going to figure out what was wrong, but even after all this time there had been no attempt from anyone in Essolei to contact her. Not that she'd heard of at least.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:06 AM

Maybe she could find a lab to work with in Medicai, but that was dangerous. Safi, Haru, and the others had already had a run-in with Einsor once, and while it'd ended with them on.... amicable terms, that was before Merge had been dispatched of out in the desert. She hadn't been part of that, but surely Einsor knew that she had ties to the party that did. That wasn't something she could take risks on.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:12 AM

That didn't leave her with very many options though. The labs out in Barakka just weren't as developed as those further to the north, and nothing could compare to what she'd had back in Essolei. At the very least she was going to have to travel back up to Lambastia. Not Medicai, but she had heard of a few good labs up in Aldrect.... Did she even have the funds for that? Funds or not, she'd have to find a way.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:16 AM

Packing hadn't taken long. She'd lived with Haru for some time now, but Faen still hadn't expanded her wardrobe much past a handful of basic shirts and pants, keeping an old lab coat or two for old times sake as well. The resources from her brief case containing what small bits of her old lab she'd been able to take with her had been exhausted by now, so there was no need to bother packing any of it up.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:19 AM

How was she going to explain to Haru though that she was just running off again? He'd been so nice to take her in and let her crash at his place for so long now, and here she was getting ready to run off to another continent when he wasn't even home to talk to. It was possible he'd even want to come with, but she didn't have the time to wait. She had to hurry.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:23 AM

Faen's pen tapped against the desk, the floor around around her littered with dozens of crumbled up notes that she'd started and quickly discarded, each one staring out differently.

"Dear Haru,"

"Hey Haru!"

"Going to be out for a bit!"

None of them got past the first line before she scratched everything out and crumbled up the paper. Even after all this time she wasn't sure what was too formal and what was to personal.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:27 AM

As her frustration grew, Ailou slowly dragged herself over and gently rest her head against Faen's knees, letting out a soft coo. She looked down at the little abomination with furrowed brows and a soft smile.

"Sorry girl, I know we need to get going.... I just... don't want him to think we're running off forever and leaving him all alone again," she started out as she pat there little Chaos on its head, carefully avoiding any ichor pooling on her skin.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:31 AM

"I'll make this letter the last attempt, promise."

Careful as she was, a thin black film still covered her hand as Faen pulled it back. She wiped this off on her pants to the best she could before taking the pen back in her hand and letting out a soft sigh. Think before writing. Just explain that it'll be quicker to get it over with on your own, then you can come back home and continue the happy life you'd managed to find.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/03/2020 9:35 AM

"Haru,

Sorry the apartment is a bit of a mess. Something... something is wrong with Ailou, and I don't have the resources here in Lamenolai to figure out what she needs. I've heard of a lab up in Aldrect that has been toying with genetic modification in common pets. It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe if I share some of my knowledge with them they'll let me use their lab to run some diagnostics and get her patched up. I'll try to be back as soon as possible! Promise!

- Faen

P.S. Sorry the apartment is such a mess. I'll clean up when we get back."

[Wild Pet Found]
rip haru ;o;
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate