Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Sweet Nothings (Valentine's Event) [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 5:28 PM

"I have to admit, this is not how I envisioned ending the evening" Crax muttered, as he stepped into the hallway behind Candy. She glanced at him with a small smile, whilst she focused on putting her bracelet back onto her wrist, and he sighed.

A loud - and slightly deeper - squeak filled the air, and they looked at each other before peering around the doorframe to see that the adorable little creature was suddenly a whole lot bigger - and seemed to be squirming out from under the seat it had been hiding below, squawking at them whilst it glared at them angrily, refusing to meet their eyes.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 5:38 PM

"Oh, the poor thing!" exclaimed Candy, one hand rising to her mouth and the other resting on Crax's chest, his heartbeat steady under her palm. "He's stuck!"

Crax narrowed his eyes at the bird, who gave another loud and grumpy squeak and wiggled further out from under the sofa. "I think he's fine, Princess - just look at the glare he's giving you!"

Crax bent his head to kiss the top of her curls, and rubbed his hands on her upper arms to comfort her. "Let's see if he can get out on his own" he murmured, eyes now focused on her rather than their little guest.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 5:42 PM

"If he can't get out, I promise I'll- Ouch!" he cried, looking down to see where the sharp pain in his ankle had come from. To his surprise, another small bird seemed to have appeared, and this one seemed very jealous - she fluffed her feathers out, and gave him a deep look that had him wondering just how much could go on inside a tiny bird brain.

"Candy, have you any idea where- OW!" he yelped; he had looked up at Candy as he was speaking to her, and the little bird by his foot had chosen to attack his ankle once more, a quiet squeak following the sharp attack.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 5:50 PM

The other little bird, who had successfully wiggled himself out from under the sofa and was now sneaking a furtive glance at Candy over his shoulder, stiffened when he heard the quiet squeak, and immediately launched into a loud series of protesting squawks, shaking his head furiously until he fell over and began grumbling and scowling as he pushed himself upright.

Crax and Candy paid no mind to the little bird's antics, unfortunately, as they were distracted by the little brown bird who seemed to be clinging to Crax's feet and attacked him whenever his attention diverted to Candy. Already, he was sure she had made a hole in his trouser cuff and he dreaded to think what his ankle's skin was like.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 5:54 PM

"Agh!" cried Crax, as he danced away from the little bird who seemed determined to follow his toes and who let out a quiet squeak as she followed him, puffing out her feathers and watching his eyes carefully, before darting to attack his foot when he slid his eyes to Candy. He immediately looked back down at her, but sighed in annoyance when he realised she had punctured his shiny leather shoes.

Candy took a couple of steps towards the little brown bird, but she was immediately stopped by the angry squawking coming from behind her. She turned around, and spotted the little pink bird standing in the doorway, sulking for all the world to see.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 6:01 PM

"He looks so grumpy and upset" muttered Candy, and Crax slid his eyes over to the small pink bird who had stepped closer to Candy, but who still seemed to be refusing to look directly at her. He immediately yelped in pain and regret, as the little brown bird's beak found the soft flesh above his ankle bone, and stepped back again.

"If she wasn't quite so agressive, I'd pick her up" he muttered to Candy, maintaning eye contact with the small brown bird who had begun eyeing her her up as if sizing up a rival, "but I'm worried she'll sink her beak into my nose or something."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 6:03 PM

Candy looked up at him and smiled, ignoring both of the birds for a moment. "You do have a very handsome face" she murmured, tracing over it fondly with her eyes. "I wouldn't want to see you scarred by a jealous bird".

Crax's eyes crinkled at the corners as he fought off a smile, both at the absurd situation they had found themselves in, and at her subtle joke. The little brown bird preened herself and shot a disgusted look at her pink counterpart, and he wondered just where these little birds had come from. Surely he would have noticed them earlier if they had just wandered in?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/07/2021 6:25 PM

Candy returned her attention to the pink bird, and he immediately turned away from her, acting haughty whilst sidling ever so slightly closer to her, until the brown bird by Crax's foot gave a squeak. She sighed, wondering what they were going to do with two birds, and took half a step towards the pink one, giving up when he backpedalled away from her.

"I wish we knew where they came from" she muttered, turning to look at Crax as he attempted not to blink away from the little brown one. She frowned down at it, but the little bird only had eyes for Crax, giving her a look filled with contempt when she turned her face towards the pink one again.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous