Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Outcasts in the Shadows (Kitsumi and I, M: E)

Postby Jedi » 03/11/2021 6:38 PM

The sun blared at high noon in the City of the Guardians. Folk were gathered in the marketplace, exchanging keystones for food, perfumes, and other goods, as well as exchanging pleasantries. The Purine guards were on duty, though they often smiled at some of the familiar, friendly faces. In the marketplace, two citizens felt as if they were out of place.

One was a fallen Aasimar, who bore a stern, almost pissed-off look. Her hair was short, blonde, and slicked back. On her face were faint gold tattoos that were almost too faint to see. She wore a long, dark purple dress. She also had leather woven into a corset over her stomach. She also wore leather padding over her shoulders and legs, for protection should circumstances place her in battle.

The other was a swiftstride Shifter, who's skin was covered in a thin layer of fur. He also adorned bold blue hair that was left shaggy and two cat ears poking out through the top. Over his body, he wore thick, metal plating to protect himself in combat. At his side was a holy symbol, which was cracked nearly in half. He also carried a longbow, quiver or arrows, and a greatsword on his back, sheathed beneath a shield. His expression was one of confliction, as if he wasn't sure what he was doing was the right thing.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Re: Outcasts in the Shadows (Kitsumi and I, M: E)

Postby Kitsumi » 03/13/2021 5:16 PM

ImageImage

The two dark-skinned elves ignored the odd looks they were given by those passing by. It was rare to see a single one of their kind above ground, much less two of them. However, the attention they drew was considered a blessing, rather than a curse. A crowd was exactly what the two of them wanted.

Overturning a wooden crate that had once held some sort of fruit, the male, Irensorin, climbed on top of it. Cupping his hands around his mouth, he announced the performance that was about to ensue. Once he had the attention of several people, he pulled out his lute and began to play. He inclined his head ever so slightly, a signal that most wouldn't even notice.

Myrymsaaria, however, knew that it was now her turn to act. While her brother drew the attention of the onlookers, she weaved through the crowd. She chose her targets with great care, slipping her nimble fingers into their pockets and emerging with keystones.

The woman winced as she heard the music suddenly go silent. Looking up, she noticed her brother's look of frustration as he stared down at the broken string of his instrument. Quickly pasting a smile onto his face, however, he seemed to take it in stride.

"Apologies, folks," he spoke with a high-pitched, lyrical voice. "But it appears that will be all the music I can provide for today." He bowed with a flourish, before hopping down from the crate.

Coming to stand beside her, he whispered, "Any luck?"

Myrym grinned. "Enough for room and food for the night, at least."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/13/2021 5:27 PM

The Shifter Phehrrahn, or Catnip as Lylyn had been referring to in a snarky tone, bobbed his head as music began to start playing. At least hearing some jovial tunes could pick up his spirits a bit. That is until he heard the snap of one of the strings. "Oh man," he said a bit aloud. "It was just getting good." Lylyn just looked at him with a blank expression and rolled her eyes.

She strode up to a stall and picked up a bottle from the wine shelf. "How much for this," she asked the merchant, a woman in a pale-green tunic. "15 keystones, please." Lylyn reached in her satchel and pulled out a small handful. But something was off. "Only ten? I had at least twenty-three. What the hell?" That's when she saw the two drow and caught a slight glimmer of ks from the woman. "Hold on," she said as she set the bottle back on the rack.

She strode up to the drow, calling out to them. "Excuse me, but I believe you have something of mine." As she got near, she tripped and landed face first in a puddle of mud, completely throwing off her attempt to confront them.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/13/2021 5:35 PM

"We should try to find an inn now," Sorin began, playfully tugging at his sister's black, half-length cloak. "Perhaps they'll allow me to perform in exchange for a room. We could stay here a while, you know. There are so many people here, I could make a fortune performing! And you-"

His babbling was interrupted by a stranger attempting to gain their attention. However, just as the two drow turned, she tripped and fell in mud. The two siblings exchanged a glance, with Myrym raising one eyebrow and Sorin barely managing to hold back a chuckle.

"Here, allow me to help you, darling," Sorin outstretched his hand towards the woman, preparing to help her out of the mud. "What was that you said about us having something of yours? You wouldn't happen to be targeting the two of us simply because of our skin tone, would you?" He made a 'tsk' noise with his tongue. "That's pretty unfair, wouldn't you say?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/13/2021 5:47 PM

She smacked away his hand. "I don't need your help," she spat out, more so than the mud between her teeth. After getting to her feet and wiping the muck, she continued. "And I don't give a damn about your race. I'm talking about those," she said with a hand outstretched toward the keystones in the woman's hand. "I'm no moron. I know about using a loud distraction to get what you want."

Catnip approached then, handing the bottle to Lylyn, "It's okay, Lylyn. My name is Catnip. Why don't you two join us for a drink on me?" He knew that Lylyn was probably right about this, as she always seemed to be, but he didn't want there to be any bad blood. Catnip already knew about all the bridges that Lylyn burned in the past, and he didn't want to make anymore enemies.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/13/2021 5:58 PM

Eyes widening as his hand was smacked away, Sorin pouted slightly. He was used to ladies swooning over him; his long, silky blonde hair and impossibly blue eyes drew them in droves. He recovered quickly however, pulling his hand back and shrugging. "Fine then, suit yourself," he said.

Meanwhile, Myrym's dark blue eyes blazed with anger. "His musical talent is a gift from the gods, not a 'loud distraction' as you would call it." She spat the words at the other woman, fiercely protective towards her brother. "And as for these," she jingled the keystones in her palm. "They don't have your name written on them, do they? Why would you think that these are your keystones? Maybe he has your keystones," she pointed to a man nearby, who was currently paying for a fish he had just purchased. "Or her," she pointed to a woman handing keystones to a man in exchange for a hat. "I'm not the only one around here flashing my keystones around, so why do you assume I'm the culprit?"

Before his sister could get any more heated, Sorin gently pulled her back. "Let's drink," he said, in response to the furry male's offer. "And put this misunderstanding behind us." This time, he held his hand out towards Catnip. "My name is Ren, and this is my sister, Aria." He gave their aliases, unwilling to offer their true names to these strangers.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/13/2021 6:09 PM

Phehrrahn didn't quite know why, but he felt something was off about the names. But he didn't bother bringing it up. He simple uncorked the bottle and took a swig. He offered it to Lylyn, who gave a disgusted look. "No thanks. I don't want hairballs." Catnip didn't care about her insensitive comment, but gestured the bottle to the two drow.

Lylyn glared at the two, not able to point out any flaws in the woman's argument. But rather than continuing her argument, she decided to prod a little. "So then, what brings you two to the surface world? I hear the sun can hurt your eyes after too much exposure." She knew that question might be a bit insensitive as well, but gave a sly grin at it, hoping it would provoke them into attacking. She couldn't think of anything more fun than taking her anger out on them.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/13/2021 6:17 PM

"I, personally, would love a taste of the wine," Sorin said. He took the bottle offered to him, taking a short drink before passing it to his sister.

Myrym was much less conservative with the liquid, taking a long pull from the bottle and allowing a few drops to drip from the corner of her mouth. She swiped at them with her tongue, savoring the taste as she handed the bottle back to the man. "Thanks," she said. Then, she turned to the woman.

"You must not know about the hierarchy of the underdark... Lylyn, was it?" Although she smiled, it was a tight smile, and her eyes continued to flash menacingly. "I suggest you do some research, and then it'll become clear to you why we left." Grabbing Sorin's shoulder, she pulled him away. "Come on, let's get out of here," she said.

But she only took a few steps before pausing and looking back over her shoulder. "Oh, and by the way, we've lived up here long enough that the sunlight doesn't hurt us." Carefully, she withdrew one of the daggers from a strap at her thigh, tossing it into the air where it spun several times before she caught it and quickly replaced it. "Be it in bright light or pitch dark, my aim is true."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/13/2021 6:29 PM

Once more, the smirk was wiped away from Lylyn's face. Her eyebrows furrowed at the two of them and her hands dropped close to her own daggers. Though she didn't draw them out to attack, she felt as if she'd need to defend herself. The woman was definitely good at pushing her buttons.

She remained silent, her face scrunched up in a mixture of anger, frustration, and fear. Catnip took the bottle back from her, a smile plastered on his face. He was clearly oblivious to how thick the tension was. "Okay, well have a wonderful day, Ren and Aria." He only realized how tense it was when he turned back to Lylyn and saw her face.

"Is something wrong, Lylyn?" he asked, sure that he would regret asking. She turned away from him and began walking back to the wine vendor. "You're buying me another bottle. And thanks for having my back there, asshole!"

Later that night, Lylyn found herself sitting at a tavern table. She was twirling another wine bottle on the table, which she'd just finished off. Phehrrahn was sitting across from her, a troubled look on his face. "Hey, don't worry about it, okay Lyl?" Lylyn would be pissed still, but she was far too drunk to care. That's when she heard a bit of familiar music. "It couldn't be, could it?" She looked over, and sure enough it was. The two drow siblings.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/13/2021 6:35 PM

The slightly upsetting encounter was soon forgotten about, when Sorin and Myrym managed to find a modest inn for the night. And when the innkeeper agreed to allow Sorin to perform in exchange for their room, it seemed as if their luck was beginning to change for the better. For once, the drow female was able to sit back and relax, enjoying her brother's music without having to worry about picking pockets.

Having repaired his instrument and double-checked that all of the strings were in good condition, this performance was much better than Sorin's last. His singing seemed to entrance a few of the patrons, and by the end of his final song, there were a few keystones littered on stage. He collected them happily, a proud smile on his face.

"You did great," Myrym hugged him, ruffling his long blonde hair, which drew an annoyed protest from him. "Look at my baby brother, providing for me. I knew that I made a good choice in rescuing you from the hell you were born into."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/14/2021 12:48 PM

Lylyn searched the bar with her eyes until she found them. The drow man was on stage, performing just as he had before Lylyn saw them the first encounter. The woman was in one of the booths, enjoying the performance. She flagged one of the waiters, who was carrying a tray with a few flagons of ale.

The man approached. "You see that drow woman over there?" He nodded. Lylyn grabbed one of the flagons, cleared her throat, and spat in the glass. "Tell her this one's on me." She laid a few keystones on the platter.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/15/2021 5:40 PM

As the siblings were about to head to the privacy of their rooms, a waiter approached and stopped them.

"Excuse me, miss," he offered a drink to Myrym, surprising both drow, who had expected it to be a gift for Sorin from one of his admirers. "I was told to tell you that it's from the lady over there," he pointed at a table behind them.

Something about the way he held the drink didn't sit right with the rogue. Glancing in the direction that the man had pointed, she spotted a familiar, angry face. Immediately, her guard was up.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to have to thank her in person," Myrym stated.

Grinning, Sorin followed as his sister began to march towards the table where Lylyn sat. "Oh, I am not missing this," he said quietly to himself. He had a feeling that his sister was about to do something... dramatic.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/18/2021 7:54 PM

When the drow turned to look straight at her, Lylyn turned away in anger. "Shit," she spat. "The damn waiter wasn't suppose to point me out." Catnip cocked his head, confused by the statement. "I don't get it," he said. "Weren't you trying to patch things up, or something?"

"Shut the hell up, Catnip!" She hid her face behind her palm, knowing it wasn't going to change a thing. After a few seconds, and as she heard the approaching footsteps, Lylyn finally conceded. "Can I help you?" she asked, feigning a friendly tone. She was confident that her tone would persuade the drow of her comradery. And that she hadn't taken a second look at the flagon.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 03/22/2021 6:42 PM

"Oh no, I'm simply here to thank you for the drink," Myrym purred, her tone deceptively sweet. "Sadly, I'm not much of an ale drinker, so I'm returning this to you." It wasn't a very good lie, especially considering the fact that there was a drained flagon of ale at the bar where she had been sitting. Still, at least it got the point across; she wasn't going to take the offered drink.

Leaning back against a nearby pillar, Sorin simply watched silently as his sister confronted the woman from earlier. He would get involved, but only if necessary. Myrym wasn't the type who needed her brother to fight her battles for her; he had learned that early on.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 03/23/2021 5:09 PM

Lylyn glared at the woman and swiped away the flagon. "No sense letting it go to waste, right?" She swigged it back, not taking the time to breath before she finished off the whole cup. She did her best to hide her disgust at the very flem she'd spat into it earlier.

This was when Catnip butted into the conversation. "I notice you two were sitting alone. Why don't you sit here with us? They say there's safety in numbers, and we all don't exactly fit in the ordinary crowd."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next