Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Mystery Gems [Event][M: L, V, G]

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2021 2:17 PM

"I would expect nothing more from you." After hesitating for a slight moment, Myrym held her own hand out. When her fingers wrapped around the other woman's hand, she squeezed tightly. Not enough to hurt, but enough to send a silent warning. If Lylyn did anything to purposefully harm herself or her brother, the drow wouldn't hesitate to attack.

Unlike the women, the two males were getting along quite well. "That sounds perfect!" he said, smiling. He listened as the shifter began playing, joining in with his harp once he was sure he had the correct rhythm. Quietly, he began to sing to add another layer to the song, casting a glance over towards the women as he did so, to see if Lylyn would react. He wasn't sure why exactly she hated his voice... probably because she was jealous of his abilities. It was really the only explanation.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2021 8:46 PM

Lylyn felt the firm grip of the woman, and returned with a squeeze of her own. As soon as she let go, she started to hear the music playing in the back. A vein in her forehead began to throb in her irritation, but she kept her words to herself. Rather than lashing out, as she'd learned of Myrym's protectiveness, she decided to walk away to find somewhere quiet to relax.

Catnip grinned and beamed at the opportunity to spend time with Sorin. It had been a month since the four of them had went their separate ways, so it was nice to be with others like them. He hadn't even noticed that Lylyn had stepped out of the room.

Lylyn wandered until she'd found a quiet balcony overlooking the city streets. She didn't like being around large groups of people, but there were a few people that she could stand, if not barely. She was so filled with bitterness that she often poured it out on all those around her. She was still surprised she hadn't scared off Catnip, though she was unsure of his reasons for following her around.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2021 9:07 PM

Something about Sorin changed as he lost himself in the music. His expression softened, eyes half lidded as he swayed slightly. When performing in public, he was always so lively, knowing that the crowd would want a good show. But here, in a more intimate setting, he was able to drop the act and simply enjoy the music that the two were making together.

Myrym smiled as she watched her brother in one of his rare softer moments. But then she frowned as she realized that there was still a lot to plan. She began wandering, searching for Lylyn. Once she found the other woman, she came to stand next to her, leaning against the safety rail that enclosed the balcony.

"We need to figure out how to get you and Catnip into the underground market," she said quietly.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2021 9:30 PM

Lylyn was surprised that the drow had followed her out here, until she heard why she'd joined her. "You say that like we can't just walk in there." Her expression was smug at first, but she dropped the façade. "I don't know about Catnip, but I can try my best to fit in." She looked out over the city. "I'm sure you already know this, but I'm not good with people. I lie, and hurt others. I'm not surprised that you and your brother hate me." She let out a sigh. "I can't promise that you won't regret helping me, but I'll try to keep from you getting hurt."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2021 9:44 PM

At first, Myrym rolled her eyes. "It's not as simple as you think," she began, prepared to lecture the other woman. But to her surprise, Lylyn was suddenly speaking in a tone that was almost... vulnerable. Looking the blonde up and down, she tried to figure out if she was being sincere. The words, and the promise behind them, certainly seemed to be true.

"We don't hate you," the drow said quietly. "Sure, I get a little protective of Sorin, and I know that he rubs you the wrong way. But I can't really blame you for that... I'd probably get annoyed by him as well, if I weren't his doting big sister." She chuckled. "We'll all have each other to watch our backs. If we do this as a team... I don't think it'll be possible for us to fail."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2021 10:00 PM

She smiled at the woman's words, but it was a sad, doubtful smile. "Sorry," she said. "I don't think I could trust anyone fully. But I'll try to trust you three." She looked out, wondering why she fell in the first place. Unsure of what really happened all those years ago.

Knowing that they should get back to planning, she let out a stretched breath. "So, you say that it's not going to be easy getting in? We'd better get to planning then."

The two still in the room were playing their instruments, but Catnip hadn't realized when he'd started leaning on Sorin. His playing had started to slow down to a more soft, melodic tone.

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate