Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/23/2008 2:37 AM

Strages ears were erect as he waited in silence, and such a long time of silence it was. His heart racing within his chest. He guessed that Aaron would feel it directly with his own heart acting the same, unless he was still shutting things off. If it worked like that. It wasn't even the words that came first, but he knew the answer long before it was spoken, when given the onslaught kisses. His tails, retaining his animal-like habit, beat rapidly back and forth in his excitement and utterly overwhelming glee. What, did he actually expect Aaron to say no? No, he didn't, but that didn't mean he could stop his nerves from acting up. It was like a brick no, a ton of bricks, was lifted off his chest. It was settled then, they'd be married. And he couldn't deny that seeing his lover -fiance- in such spirits sent his even farther up.

He welcomed Aaron close, licking away any left over tears. "No need to cry, my love. Of happiness or not, they stain your beautiful face." His words were gentle, and he meant them in a sweet way.

Self-control, such a wonderful thing to have at times. Before doing anything else, he rolled, bringing the other along with him, so he ended up on the bottom, back against the bed. He drew his hand up, placing it around his fiance's neck and kissing him, passionately. Nothing was holding him back now. Simultaneously, his other hand dug into his now-accessible pant pocket [yes, he rolled to be like this because you couldn't easily get into them while kneeling or sitting], yanking out a square jewelry box. He'd been prepared for this.

Without needing to ask, he was sure Aaron would understand what he wanted: to get the ring on his finger too. That, and he needed his on too, didn't he?
Surely, he'd waited long enough. Even longer, because his mate had forgotten when they'd casually, but still seriously, agreed to it before.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2949
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/23/2008 10:43 AM

He sniffled a bit, and blinked up at Strages with tears in his eyes. Then he laughed, as he felt his fianc?© wagging his tails like any lovestruck puppy. He leaned up, and licked the other's throat, eyes closed, just enjoying being around him. He wasn't shielding anymore, so he felt his heart pounding to match Strages' own. They were synced again. And Aaron would never again shield his love from things. Not because he wanted Strages to feel pain... but because he knew that he could trust him.
Instead of saying anything at all, Aaron just wrapped his arms around Jes, and held him close, inhaling his scent, and occasionally licking him. When he was rolled over, he didn't really mind. Just languidly looked up at Strages, and waited, eyes burning with love for the other male. When the ring was brought out, his eyes went wide, and he hugged Strages again, wildly nuzzling him all over, and purring in a canine sort of manner. He held out his hand for Strages to put the ring on, his heart pounding fast and furious. He was struck speechless.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/24/2008 1:03 AM

He slipped the white gold ring onto Aaron's hand with care, secretly hoping that it was the right size. After all, he didn't know it for a fact. He just had to guess and hope for the best when he went out and bought them. Them. He'd taken the liberty of getting his own because, though it was a bit corny, they matched. So he got them at the same time, both being of white gold with old minor and marquise cut diamonds set directly into the bands. Nothing was jutting out so that it wouldn't get caught on anything. Two busy bodies such as they held that sort of risk, didn't they? Loosing rings wouldn't be very good.  Oh yes, and, apparently, Strages was pretty good at guessing games, since it ended up fitting after all.

He sat up just then, pulling his fianc?© up with him so that Aaron was situated onto his lap. They were facing each other. "Am I going to have to put mine on by myself?" He asked in a teasing purr-growl of his own, brushing back the other's somewhat disheveled hair from his eyes. Within the box, the other ring still sat.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/26/2008 1:08 PM

Aaron reached into the box, and lifted out the ring, looking it over, and taking a deep breath, before doing what he was meant to do with it. He slid it over Strages' finger [the correct one] slowly, and then wrapped his arms around him, just enjoying his company. His eyes closed. He was so very tired for some reason, suddenly. But his heartbeat was stable. He looked up at Strages.

"Love... I'm so tired.... Curl up with me? Here?"

He patted the bed behind him, and tugged Strages a bit. resting, right now, was a good idea. And one that he was going to take. He just wanted Strages to take it with him. To sleep together with him.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/26/2008 10:58 PM

Within moments, things changed. Aaron was just bursting with energy, and now he was tired once more. It made sense, being that he was wiped out previously.

With a nod of his head, Strages had agreed. All things considered, this building was just as safe and comforting as home, if not more. There had been times when he'd fallen asleep in the theater before this. It'd be even better now.

Being tugged at was enough prompting for him. He shifted onto his hands and knees, to slide Aaron off his lap and back against the bed. That left him, once again, hovering over him. A smiled faintly, and then shuffled over a bit to lay down on the bed beside him. He snatched up the pillows, to get situated that way, before slipping an arm around his beloved and nuzzling into his neck. Now the 'doctor' was to be sleeping with his 'patient', how very interesting. Still in his doctor's get up, Strages had both the tie and stethoscope around his neck and falling onto his bare chest.

"Comfortable?" The question came out purring whisper.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/29/2008 11:36 PM

The sleepy Aaron could only nod briefly, before he slid into sweet oblivion. Someone watched them from next to the bed. Someone who did not have to worry about whether or not he was caught. Besides - he truly mean no harm to either of them. Only wanted to watch. The god Arrikanez.
He had grown thin and weak since he was last seen at the temple. The wounds Kire had inflicted had all but healed, leaving massive groups of scars. Both in flesh and in soul. He knew Strages could probably smell him - although he wasn't completely there. So he wasn't going to make a move. But he did speak.

~ How go things, Strages? ~ He asked, mentally, so as not to wake Aaron. ~ If you could stir yourself to rise from there... I may have something for you that will prove quite useful. A weapon. And important information. Both of which you'll be needing. ~
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/30/2008 2:24 AM

Indeed. The scent that poured off of the God filled Strages' senses, just as good rather he was lucain or human. Aaron fell asleep fast, but there was no way that he'd be able to fall asleep, not after a foreign being was present now.

He had less then a minute with his eyes closed, before they flickered back open, coming, nearly, face to face with Arrikanez. It was the automatic reaction to fall into a defensive state, and growl. Though he stopped himself from the growling, so as not to disturb his partner. He sat up without moving the bed, crystal hued eyes not leaving that of the God's. His eyes were narrowed and body language harsh. It was natural, for him to slip into this sort of mode at any potential threat. He didn't have any clue as to who this male was, regardless of his appearing state. Which didn't look so good. Looks could be deceiving, that was a known rule.

The doctor-dressed Lucain made no motion to rise any farther and leave the bed, or Aaron, more specifically. His gaze also turned suspicious. "And I have reason to trust you?" His words were uttered, still making effort to leave his lover in his dream state.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/30/2008 1:18 PM

Arrikanez shook his head slightly, and gave a soft, sad smile. His head bowed in respect and submission to Strages.

~ You have no reason to trust me, only my desperate plea that you do. I have only your best interests in mind. There's nothing I can do to prove this... it's up to you whether or not to take my word for truth. ~

He waited there, with his head bowed. Starting to feel dizzy. His eyes starting to slide shut. He woke himself up by shaking his head hard to knock some sense back into it. He was running off one hour of sleep. And even for a god, that wasn't good. And he was completely phased over now - fully there. Strages could smell the sickness about him. He wasn't feigning his appearance, at the very least.

~ What I have to tell you relates to your mate's future - It is up to you whether on not you will trust me enough to hear me out. ~
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/31/2008 12:20 AM

Many factors were still left to be taken into consideration. Submission, respect given, a very obvious weakness. It all played up for the perfect reason as to why the stranger should not be guarded against. The appearance was not one of hostility. That was all so, but the doubt couldn't recede so quickly from the mind trained otherwise. Trained. Still, weakness could be used as a part of the game. The game to get one to open themselves to attack. Or, very possibly, someone else to it.

Clearly, Strages still wasn't too keen on the idea. But when it came to matters, then certain matter of a certain someone's welfare...Well, he was listening then. Didn't trust. Never trust. It was not something to be gained quickly.

His gaze turned to that who was asleep beside him in the bed before making the decision. He nodded, and slipped from the posistion on the bed and onto his feet to face Arrikanez, one eye to each of the males.
"Alright. So talk." He prompted. Speaking figuratively, of course, since the God wasn't speaking verbally. He couldn't be blamed for not wanting to leave Aaron's side. It seemed as if he always had to be on the alert for something. Surely, Arrikanez would understand that, to, at least, some extent.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/31/2008 12:43 AM

~ There's not much I can say on the subject, but I know that there is someone coming to kill Aaron - and you. Whether or not he shows soon is a matter of circumstance... but it's best to be prepared. ~

The god reached into thin air, and drew something from in front of him, pressing the small object into Strages' hand. It was a small, silver feather, secured to a chain with a band of black leather. A beautiful work of art.

~ I'm not supposed to interfere... but I've never been too good at following direction. If you melt part of this feather with a candle or lighter, and mix about one drop of the resulting liquid into food or drink, it will act as an extreme sedative, bringing about a kind of stasis to the one that drinks or eats it. In this way, one can prevent death in severe situations... ~

Arrikanez coughed, and covered his mouth with his hand. When he drew it away, there was blood on his fingers. He sighed.

~ My price to pay. Don't worry about me. Just remember the feather. And this... ~

He reached into the air again, and pulled a long, sharp, and beautiful sword from nothingness. It was black, and the blade was perfectly formed. It was encrusted with jewels, and had a weight to it - but not so much so that Strages couldn't swing it.

~ This is mine. But for the foe you are facing... it is the only weapon that will suffice. Please... be careful when he DOES come. Do not underestimate him. I cannot say more. Just be on the look out for a man wearing a black beret, and carrying a cane. I don't want to see anything happen to you - or to Aaron. ~

With that, he was gone completely. Spatters of blood left because he was coughing when he vanished.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/31/2008 2:08 AM

Weight was shifted from one foot to the other as the words were mentally received. He wasn't exactly surprised at the news, hearing that someone had targeted them. Should he be? Not with all of his expecting ill things to happen. He'd learned not to expect good news a long time ago. What's more, it wasn't the first time hearing that he was the subject for attack. It was like a customary occasion for members within a mafia. Now, the subject being his mate as well, that was something entirely different. It gave him more interest on the matter, when considering someone else's life then just his own.

It was a rather awkward meeting, for lack of better words on the Lucain's part. He took the chained silver feather and strung it around his neck, among all else that already cluttered the area, listening to its use. Trust or not, words were worth hearing, at any rate.

Fresh blood hit his sense of smell hard, as usual, and caused him to a step back as he forced control upon himself. An easier task then it had been previously, but still difficult. Upon being given the second object, he inspected it with care. More of a gun-dagger-chain kind of guy, but taking the sword none the less. He proceeded to shift it from hand to hand, feeling its weight as Arrikanez continued. Yes, he was listening still.

When the God left, he didn't give a second look. Instead, he returned to the bed, only sitting on the edge, holding the blade in his hands still. He actually had a lot more then just himself and Aaron to consider, as well. In the larger picture, his death would kill off his mother, his brother, and the one close just friend he had. If they got away without dying, a part of them certainly would. Life being split between so many was a dangerous task. Four other reasons, aside from himself, to be wary over. Four others to constantly worry about. And that failed to include his many children and other relations.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/31/2008 8:26 AM

Aaron continued to sleep throughout the entire encounter. Perhaps THAT had been a gift of Arrikanez as well. The sword that Strages held in his hand reacted to Aaron's presence in a very unusual fashion. It glowed. It shined a dull blue, in time to the young Lucain's heartbeat, which was - for the moment - steady. Aaron woke about three hours later, having rested himself quite thoroughly. As expected, his first thought on waking was for his lover's safety and health. He shot bolt-upright, and rested his hand on Strages' arm.

"Love.... have you slept? At ALL? It's almost morning, I think..."

He didn't actually know what time it was - the hour just had that 'feel' of early in the morning when it was still dark out. Aaron had been out there on the streets many, many times before this, and knew what the feeling entailed.

"You should rest.... Please? For me?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/17/2008 11:00 PM

[Okay...Change of plans I guess? You know, I've just been really busy lately. Killed my inspiration for most things. Especially what with the responsibilities Okko has left to me as she's gone on vacation. *stresses-stresses* So, sorry if it's not a very good reply...]

No doubt that Strages found the sword to be...unusual, for lack of a better word. Though this man learned quickly to expect the unexpected, so wasn't too startled by it. For crying out loud, he knew a man or two that happened to glow, one of them constantly. No way a glowing blade would shock him. What did get him was the matching heart rate. It wasn't common for inanimate objects to have heartbeats... Ah well, no time to fuss about it...
You couldn't exactly just keep a sword with you all the time, out in the open like this and, from the sound of things, not having it didn't look like such a hot idea. Thankfully, they were in the theater and this theater's 'props' were all real. He exchanged his newly received sword with one of the props, sheathing it and attaching it to his side, still not letting his eyes trail from his partner even for a moment.  

He'd taken back to sitting down. There was almost an attempt made to sleep, though he knew it would be useless to try now. Fully awake now, and nothing could be done about that.

Ears perked up and eyes suddenly drifted to the hand on his shoulder, and then up at Aaron, when he'd finally rose from his sleep. Strages, for one, didn't do any sleeping at all. Nope. He just sat around the whole time, thinking or just zoning out.

"Good to see you're well." A smile slipped onto his face and his hand went to rest on top of the others, ignoring his love's concerns at first, and addressing them shortly after when he gave a shake of his head. "No, I haven't, but you really oughtn't worry about that." Needless to say, he could function on very little sleep.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 04/28/2008 1:33 AM

Softly, slowly, Aaron scooted over to the other Lucain's side, and rested his right hand on Strages' thigh, looking up into his eyes. The ring there glinted, a visible reminder of his new status. The sword's pulsing grew more intense - and started to stray from Aaron's heart rhythm into one of its own. That was none of Aaron's concern though - he was worried about his lover more so than ever before.

"Let's go home, love - please? I know we're both tired, and it's safe at home. I LOVE it here, but... You need sleep. So do I. None of us can sleep in a strange place for too terribly long. You know that."

A soft smile was given, and Aaron leaned up to meet Jes' lips with his own, closing his eyes to revel in the experience.

"I love you. I don't want anything to happen to you. And I have a really bad feeling about things right now."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/06/2008 1:08 AM

With a sigh and drooped ears, Strages nodded just a bit. Aaron wasn't the only one disregarding the sword for just a moment, but he could split is attentions...maybe...Yea, he could. Well, not... now. It was really bad, to have found more then one way to get intoxicated, but wasn't, also, at the same, considering what had become his drug now. He kissed Aaron back quite happily, more then happily. There was just so many ways to explain what he was to Strages, yet it was all so very hard to gather everything into words. There were just so many now.

He licked his fiance's cheek. "You know I love you too." Well, he should have definitely figured that one out by now. He smiled a little, eyes scanning the area shortly. "This practically is my home. Perhaps safer then even 'home'." There was a short pause. "But if that is what you wish..." The request wouldn't be denied.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext