Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

This is not a Date, but we need lives [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/17/2008 11:08 PM

Image Image Image
Pulsation, Ekkoh Vice and Hypolight

Like any other day of his life, Pulsation, whom was otherwise known as Pulse by certain friends, was locked up in his room, as always. His routine never seemed to change. There was always the refusal to leave his room. Currently, he was just huddled up in his corner of the room. His loyal corner. It could never be harmed nor would it ever get the idea to leave him. Sort of a strange way to be looking at things, but his reasoning of his claim to dislike the world was very clear anyway. Never had he openly explained why he'd rather lock himself up away from everyone else.
Currently, he had reverted to his more human appearance, with his back against the wall and legs up and spread apart in a very male posistion. His elbows were on either of his knees, and hands hung down between them. Right in the corner of his bed, which was in the corner of the room, was where he sat. Silence, from him, anyway. With so many active roommates, it was never quiet. Music was blaring at an ear shattering level, though he'd grown so used to it that he could easily tune it out and sleep through it, if he felt like it. Right now, however, the Sulkuhna was awake. He'd already wasted time sleeping. It would be impossible to sleep any more. All he could do for entertainment was stare off, watch as any of the others came and went.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2909
Donate

V - 1

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/17/2008 11:09 PM

Standing just outside the door to Pulse's room was a little girl, age eight at the oldest. She was staring intently at the door with her, nearly colorless, pale gray eyes. Her mouth was drawn into a perfectly straight line, like she was deeply taking something into consideration. Oddly enough, she never moved a step, and the girl looked odd enough just in appearance. She had pure white locks going down to her shoulders, though it was cut into several layers and the shorter ones at the top were set into an array of spikes. The complexion of her skin was pale, the fur of her twin tails and set of ears were white furred. Just very pale, white, the color lacking of all color.

When she finally did move, she went forward, placing both hands against the door. She felt nothing...Not the pulsing of the door that one would expect with the internal music being so loud. Without damaging her hair, she placed her ear against the door as well. It wasn't just because the door was entirely soundproof that she couldn't hear anything, Vice was deaf, actually. The attempt all in itself was useless, what with her ears being completely of no use. It was luck that her eyes functioned, so she assumed. Her mother was blind, after all. Her inability to hear was her payment for that.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

H - 1

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/17/2008 11:11 PM

And then someone else came bopping down the hall, her body and tails swaying to and fro with each step and her head bobbing up and down. Her light brown, neon blue streaked hair wavered about as she moved her head. A set of earphones were pressed into her furry feline ears, some unseeable MP3 player clutched in her hand generated the music filling her ears and causing her to move about. Her eyes were closed as she sung along with the song and danced down the hallway. It was only a miracle that she was able to do so, what with the heels she had on. Boots with three inch heels. It may not have seemed like much, compared to stilettos, for example, but all this moving about couldn't have been very good for her feet. Luckily, she was more then used to the pain they generated. Didn't actually seem to hurt her any more.

All in all, she didn't even notice the little girl standing stiffly against her and her friend's bedroom door. She couldn't exactly see with her eyes closed, now could she?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

P - 2

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/17/2008 11:13 PM

Pulse remained completely unaware that the hall outside his room was beginning to get a little crowded, occupied by his daughter and his friend. Considering he didn't often like leaving his corner, he allowed Vice to go around the mansion as much as she liked, so long as she was careful. This house was definitely safe, so he didn't mind too much. Someone was always around to keep an eye on her. He just wasn't very good at the whole fatherly thing. It was difficult trying to be a father when you never left the corner, sitting around in it nearly all twenty-four hours, seven days a week. As for Hypolight, she had informed him that she had some business to attend to, as did all of his other roommates. Mersi went off, and Nikki took Hex to the kitchen to teach him a thing or two about cooking, or something like that. He was just...alone. It had been a long while since that had truly happened. And now, he was almost bored. He had nothing to observe to entertain himself. He had a protective complex, didn't he?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

V - 2

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/17/2008 11:43 PM

"Hey, hey! You, you! I don't like your girlfriend~"
The Echo girl blinked a few times as tiny flamboyantly colored words floated in front of her eyes, drifting over from behind her; words that no one else could see. She jumped back from the door and turned around quickly to see who it was that was singing and coming down toward her. Yes, when words were such a brilliant color, it meant that someone was singing them. She knew that much. Her eyes then landed on Hypolight, whom she playfully referred to as Auntie Elle sometimes. A smiled pulled at her lips, and so she was grinning. "Auntie Elle!" The words sounded less then perfect, but still easily made out. It was hard for someone who could not hear to speak properly. Vice was forced to watch as roughly cut letters flowed from out of her mouth and toward the Spectrakuhna. There was a grimace, in reaction to those letters. She also knew that she must have sounded a bit funny to others, because her words weren't visibly neat. Ah well. She began waving both her arms back and forth. Truthfully, she was actually expecting her father's dear friend to meet up with her today.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

H - 2

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 12:03 AM

Not like she could exactly hear the child's words over the music, not well, anyway, but she seemed to sense that someone was calling her, so opened her eyes. When she beheld the sight, she smiled too. "Vice!" She shouted out, stopping with her singing. Yep, she knew who it was, and was somewhat close to her. Closing the gap between the both of them, Hypolight picked up her pace into a short run. In one lithe movement, she ran, stopped, and carefully knelt down to pull the small girl into her arms in a tight hug.
When she pulled back, she grinned. "Ready to go?" She asked, both verbally and with movements of her hands. She'd picked up on some sign language ever since they had come to learn that Vice was deaf. Only, once Vice learned to speak herself, she explained her...gift. True, she was deaf in that she couldn't hear sound, but sound was interpreted visually thanks to her unusually gifted eyesight. "Am I...doing alright?" Continuing with actual speech and the words formed by signs in her hands. It was a little hard to make them when she was holding the MP3 in them, so she ditched it by yanking out the headphones and stuffing it all into a pocket on her vest.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

v - 3

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 12:52 AM

When hugged, Vice wrapped her arms around the older female to hug her back. Upon being questioned, she nodded her head, answering both things at once. "Yes, I'm ready to go." She took the liberty of speaking and signing the answer right back at her 'aunt.' "And yes, you're doing well." The little girl found it almost amusing that the Spectrakuhna would ask her on how she was doing with her sign language. Hadn't the older one been working on it longer then she had? After all, she could just barely start learning until she became the Kuhna equivalent to age four or so. The older ones, Auntie Elle and her father had all the time since they learned that she was deaf to work on it.
"But...I don't know if I really want to disrupt father..." She trailed off a little uneasily. She didn't want her father to get upset with her. He wasn't that sort of father, the angry kind, but he never wanted to leave the room, let alone that corner of his. He had even tried to get her to like sitting around in corners when she was somewhat younger. Though, a little older now, she expressed that the past time didn't interest her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

H - 3

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 1:03 AM

"Very good then!" Hypolight exclaimed, clapping her hands together. The two plotters were both ready for their shopping trip and she was doing well with her second language. Awesome~ Could it get any better then that today? Why yes, the Sulkuhna could easily give into their wishes for him to come with them, but as if that was going to happen.
Chuckling and ruffling Vice's spiked hair, only leaving the spikes rearranged instead of flattened them, Hypolight answered, "Ah, don't worry about it sweetie. I'll take care of your father. I do it all the time." Just verbally speaking now that her hands were preoccupied and no one else was around. Most weren't aware of the Echo's secret, and they all worked to keep it that way, just like they worked to keep Pulse's little gift a secret too. Hehe. And yes, Hypolight was well known for dragging the antisocial male out into public places and forced him to be somewhat social.

"Let's go!" She said happily,  "No time to waste!" grabbing a hold of the doorknob, turning it and thrusting open the door to get inside.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate