Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Evelon Brainiac: Episode 1 (Contestants only!)

Postby Freezair » 05/16/2008 10:38 PM

The chasing blink of a hundred tiny yellow lights.

The nuclear blue-and-pink flare of the neon backdrop.

A flash of colored smoke. The gasp of a stunned audience. The swishing of the coat, the zipping of the perfectly pressed-and-starched pants, and the almost audible twinkle as he flashed his teeth at the audience.

Time for the show to begin.

"HELLO ALL!" he shouted. He didn't truly need to shout--the lapel mic picked up even his whispers--but he always did regardless. It was hard to shout without swaying your arms or moving your body, and that gave you stage presence--and Tobias was all about that presence. The colored smoke, the smooth voice, the dramatic entrance and exit--he lived for the show, and if he didn't put up a good one, he felt terrifically unsatisfied at day's end.

But this was Evelon Brainiac. He couldn't NOT ham it up when he heard that familiar theme music played over the loudspeakers.

"Welcome, welcome! Welcome to another wonderful episode of EVELON BRAINIAC! The show were YOU prove your smarts and win fabulous prizes! Tell 'em what our lucky contestants are competing for today, Bob!"
"Well, Toby, our contestants today are competing for the prize of

300 KS!"

The audience whooped and hollered with their approval. They always did. No exceptions.

"Alright, everybody! Now let's get ready for some EVELON BRAINIAC!"

Raucous cheering ensued.  

((OOC: Here's how this will go down.

1. First, everyone post their introduction post. In your introduction post, please list the stats and traits of the pet you're entering with!

2. Once everyone's come into the RP, we'll get started with the questions. Questions are free-for-alls--if you know the answer, post it! Please roleplay your answer, of course. The first person to get it right will earn the points.

3. When all the questions are done, we'll go into the Physical Challenge round. I'll tell you what the challenge is and describe it. Everyone must roleplay their character trying to do the challenge. When they've done that, I'll tell you who won and who lost, based on some secret values I cooked up before all yalls entered.

4. Uh... person with the most points at the end wins? :P))

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

T2.8

Postby Ander » 05/17/2008 8:32 AM

Discord blinked in the glamour of Toby's entrance: some of his smoke was drifting back into the wings, and it kinda stung. She could see the glitter of Truce's eyes from the shadows in the other side of the stage, and swallowed nervously. The things I do for this Carpetfang... She thought, ignoring the way that her hands were glowing clammy, and wiping them against her jeans.

Oh, she had some serious stage fright. But adding to her worries was that she hadn't had as much time training Truce as she wanted to. She frowned, going over his abilities in her head. Let's see... on a scale of, oh, say, one to forty...

Loyalty: 6
Toughness: 12
Exploration: 4
Endurance: 10
Intelligence: 5
Righteousness: 2
Darkness: 2
Fame: 5.

She winced. But... his traits are, um...

Passive: Fast Healing, Discipline, and Improved Scent
Battle: Constricting Body, Poison Immunity, Snatch, Spit Poison, Virulent Poison, Bioaccumulation, and Lunging Strike, and
Medical: Disease Immunity and Antivenin.

Those thoughts made her feel slightly better, and she smiled. She was as ready as she was going to get to go out. She nodded to Truce, and saw his pupil-less eyes gleam eagerly. With an almighty hiss, trainer and Carpentfang shot into the bright lights of the stage. They looked as if they were going to collide, Truce's open mouth and fangs bearing down on Dis; but a moment later, the Carpetfang whipped around to face the audience - Discord grabbed into his tail - performed something between a leap of faith and a front flip - and stuck her landing on a conveniently placed coil, right under Truce's head. She flashed the audience a look that she and Truce had rehearsed all day, gestering in a Vanna-esque way to the Carpetfang that she was so proud of.

((Sorry for length and, um... excitement. >.<))
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 05/20/2008 3:04 PM

Late as usual. Why was he always late for shows like this?

The Night Mr. Wilson fluttered from the sky, his stubby wings were whirling at full force and he was quite a funny sight. "Sorry I'm late. Tardy. Absent." Agrippa peered at the huge crowd, at the funny Meji, and the scary looking Carpetfang next to him. Oh my. There was some major competition right there! Agrippa chirpped, "This is promising. Entertaining. Interesting." Hopefully, he would stick to this show unlike the previous one.

Truth to be told, Agrippa wanted the 300 KS to simply buy himself some more taters. Yes. He was tater obsessed...

"My stats. Files. Portfolio. Here they are. Here. There." Agrippa cleared his throat and recited:

AGRIPPA'S STATSLevel: 2
Toughness: 6/100
Endurance: 3/100
Intelligence: 10/100
Exploration: 9/40
Battle Traits:
-Crowd Tactics
-Hawk's Vision
Passive Traits:
-City Slicker
-Natural Scavenger
Other Stats:
-Loyalty: 5/40
-Righteousness: 6/40
-Darkness: 1/40
-Fame: 9/40

"Shall we start now? Immediantly? Instantly?" Agrippa quickly preened himself.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Gare -- 70. Ugh. Where'd my stupid footnotes go.

Postby Terri » 05/20/2008 6:55 PM

[[ Sorry 'bout tardiness--was out of town. ]]

Gare wasn't exactly looking forward to this, per se.  No, he wasn't looking forward to this at all. In fact, he wished with all his heart that he could just slink off into the shrubby unnoticed and hightail it home.

But he couldn't, of course.  Sophur'd sent him here with strict orders to rake in the moolah.  He winced at the memory.  He'd gone from a valiant warrior to...this.  He felt used, and rightly so.

Well, okay.  To be fair, he'd never been much help in the war, anyways.  He'd spent most of him time loitering around the Mess Hall, and his low fitness level reflected that.

Name: Gare
Color/Species: Battlefield Fellox
Level: 13
Toughness: 28
Endurance: 24
Intelligence: 28
Exploration: 29
Battle Traits:
  -Spectral Strike
  -Battlefield Inspiration
  -Great Rend
  -Stoneblood
Passive Traits:
  -Self-Sufficient
  -Battlefield Inspiration
  -Diligent
  -Great Charisma

Well, whatever.  He was here now, and Sophur had ordered that he do his best.  It seemed such a petty waste of times when lives were being lost not so very far away...

He sat quietly, quite unmoved by the excitement bubbling around him, waiting as patiently as he could for the festivities to begin.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/24/2008 6:31 PM

(Yea, sorry about my lateness too)
Image[/center]
Rankir
Rankir, the big tundragoon, was too, not looking forward to this. Alana, the human standing next to him, however, was beaming with excitement. "Aw, come on. Cheer up you big lump. Krypto wouldn't like to see you all annoyed." She cajoled. The big reptile snorted. "Yeah right... I have better things to do with my time than go to some silly trivia."
Alana stuck her tongue out at him, then led him out onto the stage.
Alana quickly looked over the others. Tough competition... I hope Rankir stays focused enough today...
Rankir's stats... They needed those, didn't they?

Species: Tundragoon
Level: 18
Loyalty: 24/40
Toughness: 28/100
Exploration: 20/40
Endurance: 28/100
Intelligence: 29/100
Righteousness: 0/40
Darkness: 30/40
Fame: 26/40
Passive Traits:
- Cold Endurance (Racial) - Your pet can easily survive in cold environments.
- Malevolence - Your pet is more likely to try and attack others.
- Self-Sufficient - Your pet does not need help to survive.
- Human Speech - Your pet can speak the Human language.
- Born Flier - Your pet can naturally fly.

Battle Traits:
- Snowflake Wardance (Racial) - Your pet is not hindered by traveling over snow and ice.
- Blizzard - Your pet summons an icy blizzard that coats the battlefield in ice.
- Great Bite - Your pet can make a powerful bite attack.
- Improved Combat Expertise - Your pet gains more endurance when in battle.

Rankir sighed and sat himself down. There was no way he could get out of this now.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/27/2008 6:52 PM

((UPDATE: Kitsune_Beauty has withdrawn from this round, so we will begin. :3))

"Yes! Welcome, welcome, one and all! Marvelous to have you here today with us, absolutely marvelous. And let me say, it is a pleasure to have you all with us today. But enough chatter--let's get to the questions!"

The lights went crazy. Orange, yellow, and teases of blue flashed overhead. Upbeat music beamed in over the loudspeakers, and the crowd clapped approvingly.

"So for those of you who haven't played before, the rules! I'm going to ask you a series of questions based on a specific topic. If you think you know the answer, you press that cute li'l buzzer in front of you! Tell me your answer! If it's correct, you earn 100 points! But if you're wrong... What happens, audience?"

"YOU! GET! BRAAAAAAAINED!" the crowd roared. Yes, it was remarkable how a group of people who had never seen each other before this day--and who would likely never see each other again--could somehow harmonize so perfectly without practicing at all beforehand. And all for the purpose of warning someone about the cavalcade of foam rubber noodles, or packing peanuts, or ping-pong balls.

"That's right! You get Brained! You also loose 50 points, so be careful there, folks! So tell me, Bob--what's our topic for the first round?"

"Well, Tobias, the topic for our first round is: BIOLOGY!"

"Thanks, Bob," Tobias said to the ceiling."Alright! Biology!"

With a flourish, Tobias whipped a card out of one of his pockets.

"Alright then, folks! Here's our first question:

"These knowledgeable Lucain have special powers they only show to others of their kind! What marking do they have?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 05/27/2008 8:07 PM

Agrippa leaped to his tiny sneakered feet, practically slammed himself into the buzzer, and squeaked, "PSI! The Psi-eye Lucain!" The Mr. Wilson flapped his wings so fast that they were a blur. Was he right? Correct? Agrippa sat down, his chest heaving.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

T2.9

Postby Ander » 05/27/2008 8:12 PM

Discord glanced up, her eyes widening at the question. She did a traditionally overenthusiastic fist-pump, earning a curious glance from her pale-eyed companion.

"I know this, Truce! I do, I... Oooooh..." The cursed Carpetfang was forced to stare at his trainer, her face screwed up helplessly, poring over the answer she could seem to grasp. He sighed. Rolling his pupilless eyes, Truce tapped the buzzer with his tail. The sudden sound seemed to snap Discord out of her forehead-to-palm oriented trance, as she cried, "Oh! The Psi-eye! The Lucain have the marking of the Psi-eye." She blinked, smiling over her shoulder at the great serpent. "I told you I knew it," she said quietly. Truce rolled his eyes again.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/27/2008 8:45 PM

"CORRREEEEECT!"Tobias pointed at Agrippa. He covertly triggered a smoke bomb behind him; a sudden spray of blue erupted behind him.

The lighted panel beneath Agrippa's podium flashed. The number beneath it changed to "100."

"Neeext question!"Tobias flashily drew out a card.

"If you were a cook, what kind of 'mobile stove' pet would you keep?"

Agrippa: 100
Truce: 0
Rankir: 0
Gare:

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 05/27/2008 9:38 PM

Agrippa sprang up again and slammed himself into the buzzer. The Mr. Wilson blinked in confusion for a split second before pulling himself together. "A Torken! Am I correct? Right? Accurate?" Agrippa panted once more. Dang, who knew such a game show could be so intense?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/27/2008 9:47 PM

"Correctamundo again!" Tobias stepped on a hidden button on the floor. The large monitor behind him flashed. A sting of music played as foot-tall letters proclaimed Agrippa "DOUBLE TROUBLE!"

The lighted panel beneath Agrippa's podium flashed. The number beneath it changed to "200."

"Our friend Agrippa is on a roll here, folks!!"Tobias said. But would he get the next question? Tobias pulled out the card and cleared his throat.

"Which species of creature bears an instinctive hatred for another, similar type of creature? And what type of pet do they hate?"

Agrippa: 200
Truce: 0
Gare:

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ander » 05/28/2008 7:22 AM

They had this one. They may have been too slow before, but... Discord narrowed her eyes in determination as Truce again hit the buzzer. "The answer's a Battleheart!" She proclaimed. "And everyone knows that most Battlehearts hate Hollowhearts!" Right?
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 05/28/2008 12:24 PM

Agippa sprang up a second too late. He closed his eyes and prayed that he had the right answer. "It's Magistrey! Magistrey! They hate the Garudors instinctivly! Am I correct? Right?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/28/2008 1:51 PM

"Well now, what's this? There were TWO RIGHT ANSWERS to that question!"The audience gasped. "BUT! It looks like good Mr. Truce here was the first to chime in with one of them! However, luckily for Mr. Agrippa, he won't get braaaaaained."Tobias danced to the left a little before swinging his arms at Truce.

Truce's score flashed and went up by 100. Tobias pulled out another card.

"What kind of pets are more plant and fungus than animal?

Agrippa: 200
Truce: 100
Gare: 0

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

T3.11

Postby Ander » 05/28/2008 2:49 PM

Discord smiled triumphantly. They were on the board! She slammed her palm down the buzzer herself this time, dodging a surprised Truce. "Biolune pets are more plant than animal! They're all... fungal." Truce hissed agreement as Discord chewed her bottom lip, hoping for a right answer.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next