Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

St- 24 ; My- 17 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 5

Postby Jaykobell » 07/18/2008 7:17 PM

"I sure do! It's awesome, you get to see countless people and pets!" the Reitcon squeaked as she bounced about the two male Kuhnas. "I have no idea how that works, actually," she meowed, tilting her head thoughtfully. "I mean, this ain't what I do here, after all. I only take care of the patients and the injuries if they have any, like you two." She thought for a moment. "But I can ask Eirian if you wanna know what it's all about, the acupuncture and stuff," she proposed, tails waging like that of a puppy's.

Mynol didn't reply to Aodh. He was still trying to understand exactly what the Calamikuhna had told him. He talked about food... well, 'eat' is related to food, right? That's what he had been... Well, that's what he had managed to learn on his own. So... he was being invited to eat the food there? Was that it? All right....

Reluctantly and slowly, the Darkflame Kuhna crawled towards the blanket of food, sniffing at the food that was present. He picked up a small fish -- the first thing that was by the edge of the blanket -- and gnawed on it slowly, taking tiny bites, as if he was still unsure about whether he was allowed to eat the food or not...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kodai » 07/19/2008 7:00 PM

Seeing that Mynol was now eating and getting some nourishment back into him, Aodh turned back to Makona, watching her wag her tails in excitement. She sure seemed to be a happy Kuhna! Though, he reasoned, it was nice to see someone so happy and care-free -- nearly everyone back at the house had their problems, and it showed on their faces. Rarely was anyone there nearly as happy as this Reitcon was.

"Oh, you don't have to ask for me... I'll ask myself, if she comes back," replied Aodh, taking a bite out of an apple. "But, you take care of injured pets? That must be an interesting job in itself. About how many of the pets that come here do you take care of, would you say?" All this speaking was making his voice stronger, and it was nice to have a friendly conversation with someone for a change.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

St- 24 ; My- 18 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 6

Postby Jaykobell » 07/20/2008 2:13 AM

"Hmmmm, well." The Reitcon poked her chin with a paw thoughtfully. How many pets had she helped so far? Hmm... A couple, you could say, perhaps. But then again, she didn't know the exact number of patients she had helped. "Um, I'd say a few," she replied vaguely. "I mean, not a lot of people come here while they're injured. A few do, yeah, and usually Stribog brings in injured people -- like you two -- but usually people come here for relaxation. But some people don't know acupuncture deals with needles... and sometimes they hurt themselves. Stupidly," she added, rolling her eyes mockingly. "But it's nice, yeah! You feel like you're doing something nice for people."

As Mynol figure he could actually eat things, he started taking things easy. He wolfed down a few aliments, showing his stomach with various food. He had never seen such a large amount of food before... It made him feel happy. He listened to Aodh and Makena as they spoke of various things...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 07/21/2008 8:43 PM

Aodh could understand why some people would hurt themselves upon coming here and learning that acupuncture dealt with needles. If he hadn't realized it, he would have likely managed to jam the needles in too far when he got up to eat. "I think you're doing something nice for people," Aodh smiled warmly at Makena after finishing up his apple. "It's good to have a place where someone can go to just relax." He sat back, figuring that if he ate too much right away, he'd get a stomachache later. Hopefully the little Darkflame wouldn't gorge himself either... Hm. Now that they were both awake, maybe Aodh could try to get some answers... or at least a name. "Hey, er... what's your name?" he asked Mynol, turning to the smaller Kuhna so that he would know he was referring to him and not Makena.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

St- 24 ; My- 19 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 7

Postby Jaykobell » 07/22/2008 2:57 PM

The Reitcon female nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, this why Eirian wanted to create this little shop. Few people know about acupuncture, after all. But once they've learned about it, they keep coming over here." It wasn't unusual for Makena and Eirian to see previous customers coming back for another session. People learned to like relaxation by coming to their small center.

And then the attention turned to Mynol. The Darkflame looked up from his food (which was an orange of some sort) and stared, his ears slowly tweaking as the smaller Kuhna tried to process the words Aodh had spoken. Name... he wanted to know his name? His name... His mother had given him something like that...

'Your name... I'll call you Mynol. It sounds just like you. Mynol, that'll be your name.'

It was something like that, right...? 'Mynol'...

He lowered his head from hesitation, but he tried to speak nonetheless. "My... My..." He paused. "My.... nol..." he blurted out with a squeaky meow. He was so unused to meowing in the way of a conversation...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 07/26/2008 2:30 PM

Mynol? That was a nice name... unique. Though there seemed to be something wrong. It appeared as if Mynol wasn't used to talking... What sort of life did he have? Better be blunt and obvious with his questions, or else Aodh wouldn't likely get an answer.

"Why was that Panzer hurting you?" he asked next, a concerned look on his face. "It's not right for such a big creature to bully someone smaller." Aodh waited, hoping that Mynol could give an answer. Maybe he didn't know why that Panzer had been picking on him... but perhaps he did, and if so, Aodh could try to confront the Panzer later about it. Not that he particularly wanted to meet such a violent individual again, but he wouldn't be able to run forever...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

St- 24 ; My- 20 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 8

Postby Jaykobell » 07/26/2008 2:45 PM

"That's such an adorable name!" Makena pipped, almost screaming Aodh's thoughts out loud. When Aodh mentioned the Panzer she, too, wondered why such a big pet would pick on such a tiny Kuhna. From his size, he was probably no older than maybe two months. Just how old was that little Darkflame, anyhow? He was so small, yet he didn't seem to be a kit anymore...

Panzer? What's a Panzer? He didn't know what a Panzer was. But then Aodh added the 'hurt' verb, and Mynol figured he was asking why Isak had been hitting him earlier in the alley. Why... He wondered, too, why he had been labeled as a 'punching bag' for the Panzer...

He paused for a moment, unsure as to what he was supposed to answer. "Do... Do not... know..." he answered finally, stuttering as he tried to find the right words. His vocabulary was so limited, and his tongue would always feel numb... Speaking wasn't something he'd do often...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 07/26/2008 3:07 PM

So he didn't know, either... Oh well. He would have to confront Isak about it whenever they met up again. And Aodh was sure that they would indeed meet again... Sighing lightly at the thought, he replied, "Ah, well... That's all right. What matters is that you're safe now. How do you feel?" His thoughts had suddenly returned to Mynol's injuries, and he wondered if the Darkflame was in any pain still. Broken ribs... They didn't sound pleasant, and would probably take some time to heal. As relaxing as this acupuncture was, Aodh was sure that they wouldn't be able to heal something that was broken... Maybe Stribog would be able to do something or suggest a place that they could go specifically to heal Mynol's ribs.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

St- 24 ; My- 21 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 9

Postby Jaykobell » 07/26/2008 3:57 PM

Mynol looked down at Aodh's last question. How was he feeling? Well... not really well. His side hurt like there's no tomorrow, and the pain would sting his side as well. And he felt like there were things all over his body, as if items had been dropped inside of him for whatever reason. "No... No... well... feel," he meowed, trying to tell Makena and Aodh that he wasn't feeling well right now. But then, he didn't know how to explain the rest... How was he supposed to tell them how it felt like he had scattered things inside of him?

Makena tilted her head. "You're not feeling well? I guess Stribog said he'd be coming back to examine you," she meowed, laying down on the ground. "He did mention some broken ribs... I guess he went to fetch some items to take a picture of his body. You know... an 'X-Ray,'" she explained, knowing a few details about medicine, even though x-rays weren't related to first aid. She still needed to know those things, after all. "It doesn't hurt though. But it's really cool; you see your bones and all that stuff that's inside of you!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 07/28/2008 10:22 PM

Aodh didn't seem too bothered by the fact that Mynol's speech was halting and unsure. What mattered was that he was able to convey his feelings to them. Unfortunately, his feelings were that he was in pain, but at least he was able to tell them this.

"Oh... Well, you should feel better soon," Aodh tried to cheer the little Darkflame. "Stribog should be back in a little bit and... oh? An X-ray?" The Calamikuhna looked back to Makena, head tilted in slight confusion. He knew some things about the world, but not all. "You can see stuff inside of you...? Wow... That sounds like a really neat thing to have..." He was in awe. All this medical stuff was making a big impression on the Calami... Maybe he, too, would follow in the medical field's footsteps?

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

St- 24 ; My- 22 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 10

Postby Jaykobell » 07/28/2008 10:48 PM

The Reitcon nodded enthusiastically, glad to be able to teach someone something she knew. "Yup! You know how a camera takes a picture of you? An x-ray works like that too, but it takes a picture of your bones and organs instead! So you can see internal injuries, basically." She got back up, apparently unable to stay in the same position for too long. "Doctors use x-rays to check if you have any bad wounds inside of you, the ones you can't see with your eyes from the outside. X-rays have saved many lives."

Mynol hoped Aodh was right and that, soon enough, he would feel better. Perhaps he had just ripped or twisted a paw badly enough to think something had gotten inside of him. "Oh... kay..." the Darkflame replied quietly, nibbling on a small orange that was nearby.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 07/30/2008 7:27 PM

"Oh, I see... So an X-ray is like a photograph of your insides... That's really interesting," Aodh mused, lying back for the time being. He still felt a little hungry, but he knew that he shouldn't eat too much now or he would regret it later. Looking at the little Darkflame, Aodh's mind began to wander back to the fight earlier. Why had that Panzer been beating up on such a small Kuhna? Aodh guessed that Mynol's small size made it easier for the larger feline to bully him around, but still he could have at least found a more suitable target? And it didn't look like this had been the first time that Mynol had been thrown around. Now the Calamikuhna could see the scars and burns that littered the Darkflame's body, and he was instantly reminded of his brother, Evander. Their sister, for some reason, loved to attack him... Maybe it was the same between that Panzer and Mynol?

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

St- 25 ; My- 23 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 11

Postby Jaykobell » 08/02/2008 12:01 AM

It was while the two older Kuhnas were busily talking about x-rays that the glacial Khimera came back. Holding an odd piece of machinery between his jaws and carrying a bunch of stuff on a backpack, he had came back, just like he had promised Aodh. He set the machine down so his mouth would be free. "Hey, kid," he called to Aodh, waving a paw shortly. "These here should let me have a good view of your little friend's situation."

Just then Makena squealed and bounced. "Aodh! Aodh!" she repeated a few times. "This is an x-ray machine! The thing we've talking about!" Amazing! Maybe she'd get to show Aodh how the machine worked, so the Calami would be able to see what was wrong with his little Darkflame friend.

While the others seemed to be awfully intrigued by the machine Stribog had brought in, Mynol was, quite frankly, terrified by the machine that was in front of him. His pink eyes were even wider than the moon, and his fur was bristling in fear. What was that thing? They mentioned those x-rays things... but it's not like he knew what it was exactly... So he just stayed there, staring with fear-stricken eyes.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 08/08/2008 10:13 PM

Aodh blinked a few times at the equipment that Stribog had just brought in before Makena's words sank into his mind. So this was an X-ray machine? Impressive... Slowly he got up and walked around the machinery, tilting his head this way and that as he inspected it.

"Interesting... Very interesting. Medicine really is amazing, isn't it?"

He turned to Mynol, to see what his reaction to all this was, and was surprised to see the poor Kuhna cowering in fear, pink eyes wide. Well... maybe Mynol's reaction wasn't so surprising. After all, it was normal for people to fear things they didn't know much about. "This thing is going to help you," Aodh tried to comfort the smaller Kuhna, going over and sitting before Mynol. "It's going to show us just what the matter is with your body, so we can help you feel better."

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

St- 26 ; My- 24 ; Ei- 1 ; Mk- 12

Postby Jaykobell » 08/08/2008 10:32 PM

While Aodh's presence seemed to be reassuring, the machine being so close to him scared the Darkflame from every inch of fur of his body. He arched his back slightly and bared his teeth slightly, making an odd rumbling nose come out of his throat; upon further attention, it could be agreed that the sound in question was some sort of hiss, but apparently the Darkflame was unused to such a counterattack.

The Khimera let out a small purring noise, flicking his tails in amusement at Mynol's reaction. "It's okay, he's just insecure. It's normal." He pushed the machine right over Mynol's side, so the picture could take and overall picture. "But do hold him a little. Feeling someone else's paw or tail may make them relax," he advised while setting up the machine.

Mynol hissed at the sight of the machine coming even closer, but then he thought about what Aodh had said; the machine would be able to tell, somehow, what was wrong with his body. He wasn't feeling good, was he? So maybe he should... trust the machine? And Aodh and Makena were close by, they wouldn't let him get hurt by the machine...

The Reitcon Kuhna was watching from nearby, eyes glued to the machine. "Yep! Medicine just keeps getting better and better," she replied to Aodh as she continued staring, her tails flicking with excitement. Seeing a x-ray machine was always interesting.

Stribog poked the piece of metal. "A'right, here we go," he said as he pushed the 'ON' button, revealing Mynol's insides and skeleton, and the sound from the button making the Darkflame jump with fright.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext